• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: SchwarzerFrost

SchwarzerFrost
1 year ago#1
Which one is strongest with best equip and crowned?
When lucky, Joker does a lot of damage with Trump Card + Danger Shoot. I wonder if Sniper can reach that damage?
Someone maxed both and can compare?

User Info: Final_Cataclsym

Final_Cataclsym
1 year ago#2
Both have their pros and cons. Both can be fast enough when crowned to have max turn order during regular actions and have decent defense when doing it. A Joker should have the Slaughtering Daeva which has speed and damage. A Sniper should have the Ame Maka which has the above and Demon Damage Grand Up. Both can be boosted by Therian Seal outside their turn. Trump Card can only be done on a Joker's turn.

If you use Ikuno as your Sniper, she pairs better with a PA as they can inflict Poison with Rose Queen which triggers Making Sure and boosts damage another ~25%. Mio is the best Spieler and whose unique would be wasted on Soul Summoner. She makes a better PA and Joker.

To really answer your question though, remember that Trump Card ALWAYS takes up a turn and is random, possibly doing no damage. Chain Spike hits 5 times consistently and reliably.

So unless you get into a crazy end game build of 4 Jokers using Trump Card for Catastrophe, Brain Burst, Testament and Stampede Heaven... I'd go with Sniper when allowed. Jokers can only do crazy stuff in specific circumstances and probably past the point you'd need them to get equipment.
A single cash tea box is worth more to Tesshu than the several guards he left bleeding out in front of the castle gate. ~WeirdFetishes
(message deleted)

User Info: mongopikis

mongopikis
1 year ago#4
I'd pick Joker everytime for one reason - Danger Shoot inherits enchantments to be whatever element you want, Chain Shot doesn't.

This means an Enchantress Supported Joker can typically have its pick of the lowest resistance to attack (not to mention fully benefiting from an Etoile's Hopak ). Snipers are stuck with Piercing damage or being a less useful Treasure Hunter on their turn. Fighting something with 100 Pierce Res or Pierce Immunity with a Sniper on your team will just make you question why you brought a unit that cannot adapt to a very common endgame resistance as a dps in your endgame party.

Depending on your party composition, you'd generally prefer to crown the more adaptable member than the member that excels only against certain enemies.

Final_Cataclsym
1 year ago#5
While the above is true, I'm here to offer some numbers against a powerful enemy in Bogomil, specifically Odin. Odin has +100 Resist against Piercing, has Auto Guard and Knockdown but is also a Demon who can be poisoned. Her Water Resist is +40/Lightning Resist is +100, so +3/+63 under Hopak. Furthermore, I'm using Frankenchan Sealbook for +10% Damage against lower level enemies.

First Chain Shot: DEF was down from Mio, under Samba, War Cry and Berserk but was Auto Guarded and Chain Shot was blocked once, damage was 2,499 total.

Second Chain Shot: See above, plus, was not guarded, Making Sure triggered from Poison and 2 shots were blocked and she did 5,628.

That's 8,000+ damage on one of the worst enemies she can fight in just two turns. More damage would have resulted from unblocked, unguarded hits.

Next I have Mefmera against Odin with Slaughtering Daeva, Cthugha Cuirass, +99 Shield/Helm/Ring, Physical Attack Up/Imbue Water/Trump Card/Weapon Attack Up (Berserk but Nursed) for a base attack of 1594 against Odin under Samba and1 Hopak.

First use, Odin guarded but took 9,744 from 3 hits. Keep in mind this is over two turns and using more turns from your MP to Cast and ET to set up.

Second use was unguarded and was going to hit twice, but one was blocked for 6,317.

First use with Lightning Imbue was gonna hit 4 times but was guarded and one was blocked for 7,310.

Second use was unblocked/unguarded and hit 3 times for 15,084.

While Trump Card is a quick move, Danger Shoot has a large lag time, so you'll either need Fleet Foot going to counter the speed down or several Speed Ups on an already 280 AGI Joker. The Skill delay multiplier seems to be off for Danger Shoot at .8 as 2 Speed Ups should have had maxed Turn Delay reduction based on my calculations.

Anyways, I wanted to give at least a couple sample numbers against a top tier enemy. The results can be a bit skewed due to Odin both guarding and knocking down shots, but it really comes down (to me at least) setting up more with your Joker over turns for potential damage or absolute consistency with your Sniper. If you wanted to go further than, you'd have to look at total party composition and see which team kills in shorter amounts of turns.

Against different enemies and larger data spreads, the results might balance out quite a lot more. But for giving the Sniper a challenge, I picked Odin.
A single cash tea box is worth more to Tesshu than the several guards he left bleeding out in front of the castle gate. ~WeirdFetishes

User Info: SchwarzerFrost

SchwarzerFrost
1 year ago#6
Thanks for the data :D
Are the developer working on Dungeon Traveler 3? This game is really nice to play on the Vita, I hope there will be another one as good as this.

Final_Cataclsym
1 year ago#7
SchwarzerFrost posted...
Thanks for the data :D
Are the developer working on Dungeon Traveler 3? This game is really nice to play on the Vita, I hope there will be another one as good as this.
There is Dungeon Travelers 2-2 and expands on this game as if Fried and the team lost against the demon lord in the Royal Library depths. I have it as well as a few other people here, but it's in Japanese only, so I can't read it. I've played the beginning few minutes, but some others have beaten it. It sadly was never localized and probably one of the last great games on Vita. If you are familiar with Japanese, you'd be fine as Vita games are region free. There is a host of neat DLC stuff as well as the ability to have your girls wear whatever costumes and outfits you unlock/purchase. There is a bunch of other elements some other people could explain more on. Lastly, they made an artbook for both this game and the sequel and is filled with glorious artwork, character promotional images, sealing images and cutscenes. I've collected a great number of promo pieces and rare stuff from Japan for DT games in general, so if you are into that, there's plenty out there. If you're interested, check this out: https://myfigurecollection.net/blog/32522 I've gotten more pieces since then, but it's most of it.
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A