• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Final_Cataclsym

Final_Cataclsym
6 months ago#11
rklemic posted...
Finally cleared Death 13. Had to grind my Grishna up to the level 90 respec to turn her into a Valk, Had my MP El, Ist on Etoille, Monica Sniper and Mefmera Joker. Got her down to about 3000 hp and then she did SOMETHING that knocked out 3 characters in one fell swoop (all my resistances were near 100 or at 100 for elemental) and I just yoloed Daedalus strikes and Magical sparks and managed to finish.
Sounds like she hit you with Divine Cannon. It's a Sniper move that pierces/hits up to 3 characters and has a high critical hit rate. Good job on defeating her.

From your earlier question, Magical Princesses get way better once they have one of 3 powerful weapons, 2 Handed Fortune Sword, 2 Handed Filsword and finally the 1 Handed Big Dipper. Big Dipper + Ceremonial Tutu + Mandra Princess Skillbook equals busted. If you crown an MP after that, you can have Physical Resist and Speed Up × 2, AGI ×3 and Recieved Damage Down ×5 on the remaining 12 slots of your shield, helm and ring. At +99 and uniques, level 99, your stats transformed would then be...

HP 1677 TP 608
Atk 815
Def 934
Int 425
Res 262
Dex 264
Agi 321
Sl/St/Bs Resist +95, All Elements +100
+40% Speed, Physical and Magic Damage -50%
+50% Attack or Damage when Berserked

While every girl is better crowned, MP is perhaps the best case for it. I did it for AGI and resists alone, everything else is gravy. But yeah, 800 stats equally divided to 50 across every category is nothing to sneeze at. If you do though, prepare to grind and grind effectively.
A single cash tea box is worth more to Tesshu than the several guards he left bleeding out in front of the castle gate. ~WeirdFetishes

Final_Cataclsym
6 months ago#12
Follow up, the stats I listed above are for an EN->MP. For a SO->MP it's this. The asterisks denote the only improved stats.

HP 1606 TP 657*
Atk 801
Def 927
Int 440*
Res 251
Dex 255
Agi 311

The chief differences are SO kinda make better casters in that they are more damaging through Magic Mastery. They can be a little better at keeping TP through Auto Refresh vs Mini Auto Refresh. Concentrate is here too. But they can also be slower casters because SO lacks Fast Cast. That's where Eltricia or Sango make a case with their uniques. But the argument could also go the other way and stack their unique with EN's Fast Cast. But then you could only be looking at Rainbow Flash for damage and lose out on Blood Absorb.

Personally, I suggest Fiora/Nanako for EN->MP so they take less damage. I suggest Melvy/Manaka for SO->MP so they can spam Magical Spark at 0 TP. Irena/Lucy have options for instant/double cast which I feel is better for Witches due to Loose Spirit. Eltricia and Sango I've mentioned about better cast times. Konomi's unique requires high attack to be effective but uses items to activate. Charu's unique is like Tinker Squash but relies on doing a regular attack.

I personally don't use MPs as casters, but I give all of them Rainbow Flash and the appropriate options. Mainly they are all about Magical Slash and Magical Spark, so don't think too hard on it. And if that's the case, go EN->MP for better overall stats. More cases could be made if your team can utilize the Enchant Element spells but I don't really use them.
A single cash tea box is worth more to Tesshu than the several guards he left bleeding out in front of the castle gate. ~WeirdFetishes

User Info: zeroviral

zeroviral
6 months ago#13
That is one awesome in-depth for MPs. That equipment suggestion is working really well in any party. I am using it right now on my Witch Party and its utility is so damn awesome. I can even use her as the sole tank at times.

Final_Cataclsym
6 months ago#14
zeroviral posted...
That is one awesome in-depth for MPs. That equipment suggestion is working really well in any party. I am using it right now on my Witch Party and its utility is so damn awesome. I can even use her as the sole tank at times.
MPs won out big time in terms of equipment distribution. Fighters want the only Vanadis Plate, Scouts want the only Ophidian Eye and Spielers want the only Cthuga Cuirass. Maids and Magic Users DON'T have to fight over ANY unique equipment. Big Dipper and Ceremonial Tutu are on tap if you have or want more MPs.

223 Agility and a B+ Rank sword means you only need Speed Up x 4 to get max turn delay reduction. When transformed, their agility alone is ABOVE the necessary 308 turn speed from a B+ Rank weapon.

Turn speed varies specifically based on weapon speed rank. Below is the combined values of Agility times Speed Up necessary for max turn delay reduction.

A+ = 275
A = 302.5
B+ = 308
B = 313.5
C+ = 319
C = 325.5
D+ = 334.125
D = 338.25
E+ = 342.375
E = 346.5
F+ = 350.625
F = 354.75

Thus, if you can get your Agility, usually multiplied by 1.5 from 5 Speed Ups above this, congrats, you have max turn delay reduction. This is possible on every single class when crowned. And if you push Agility Up x 5, your +50 bonus Agility from crowning, just turned into +75 Agility.

Final, how big of an effect does this have end game on some of the strongest enemies in the game? Imagine we play chess and normally we each get 1 turn. Now I get 6 turns for each of yours. Now we multiply that by 5. Your party can see up to 30 consecutive turns over the entire enemy party, usually obliterating them before they can do anything. Are their any enemies that can even threaten you at that point? Yes if you get bad rolls for initiative, which gets corrected after your party members first turn. Maid Sensei Limiter Removal is still the worst thing if Leaf doesn't work. Mandra Princess songs can ruin you if you can't sleep or crit her out of it. Angra Mainyu with her buff and demon buddy will hurt if not Leafed out and you likely don't have the Leaf or Crown status when you first get to her. Nam The Eternal can ruin your life if he gets a turn and uses... World Breaker I think. But that's about it if you travel around Crowned with optimal gear and a few Mui Kaha Medicines.

The experience of that kind of strength is liberating and catharic after the game working so hard to kill. But wow it is fun to play with that much power after potentially struggling after so many points in the game. I wouldn't even want to fight my party as a mirror match as whoever goes first would likely win.

User Info: rklemic

rklemic
6 months ago#15
on a side note, how do you handle the Mach Stabs from Neamhains? That attack when it comes out seems to really annihilate my party quite often when it hits me with it as it's the "cone" attack twice in a row.

Final_Cataclsym
6 months ago#16
rklemic posted...
on a side note, how do you handle the Mach Stabs from Neamhains? That attack when it comes out seems to really annihilate my party quite often when it hits me with it as it's the "cone" attack twice in a row.
Mach Stab is rough. But IIRC she can be frozen to prevent it as her water resist is -40. Frost Slash or a EN->MP Freeze or Sage's Bible Blow or Freeze Arrow can all help. Waltz for lowering her attack and Stab resist for lowering the damage. Try that next time you run into her.

User Info: zeroviral

zeroviral
6 months ago#17
Thanks for the in-depth of the Necessary Values needed for each Weapon Speed Rank for Max Turn Delay Reduction. So that is why some Japanese Vids I saw doing no Crown or doing Solo boss fights tend to have lower ammount of Agi and Speed Ups total in their setup yet still get 5-6 turns.
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A