• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dungeon Travelers 2: The Royal Library & the Monster Seal
  3. Leveling takes forever now and feels pointless!

User Info: SchwarzerFrost

SchwarzerFrost
1 year ago#1
My Team is Lv 60.
Valkyrie, Mag.Princess, Pappilon, Etoile, Treasure Hunter

I have to fight around 40-45 battles for 1(!) level up!
And I feel like my characters get no stronger, they only get like 1-2 stat points each level.

I'm at Eternal Hell right now. All my equipment is maxed to +59.
Am I missing something here?? How do I get stronger?

User Info: DoopDoop

DoopDoop
1 year ago#2
Keep progressing forward. You shouldn't really need to excessively grind with a balanced party, just exploring the map should give you enough XP to take on all bosses. There's enough dungeons at this point to where you should spend about 5 or so levels there at max barring bad luck. By the time you get to the tower you'll probably be 90+ if that gives you an idea of XP.

Also with that party most random encounters shouldn't really last that long anyway. You may want to consider turning the battle speed up or get used to using the fast forward command.

User Info: ekamown

ekamown
1 year ago#3
How do you max ur equip?
I still don't truly understand the smithing system. Embedding sealbook to equips.

Even blacksmith himself rarely pops up, maybe depends of which dungeon.
Well, then, until we meet again. Or "if we meet again".

User Info: cambosam193

cambosam193
1 year ago#4
Shops are guaranteed to show up after a certain number of steps on a floor. The shop the appears is random. If you want to experiment with crafting just go back to the very first dungeon and save right before the steps needed to trigger the shops if the blacksmith does not appear just reload save.

DoopDoop
1 year ago#5
ekamown posted...
How do you max ur equip?
I still don't truly understand the smithing system. Embedding sealbook to equips.

Even blacksmith himself rarely pops up, maybe depends of which dungeon.

Gear drop example: leather armor +4

A piece of gear can be upgraded using a seal book five times and take on an attribute (or more than one) depending on the level of the gear. Anything over +25 can take two, +50 is three, +75 is four. The level of the seal book matters in upgrade levels to a max of +5 at level 50.

If we take the leather armor +4 and use a level 5 seal book with small bash resistance, you will most likely be shown a leather armor +5 with small bash resistance up on it. If you used a level 41 seal book with say speed up on it, you will probably get a leather armor +8 with speed up on it.

Enchanting early isn't super important as the quality of seal books isn't too great and you're likely to replace gear more often. At higher levels it get a bit more complicated as seal books get multiple effects that can land on them and some effects on seal books can never be enchanted (mostly things like max tp on battle end and other rare effects).

Always remember that you are never locked into accepting what the blacksmith gives you. You can reject it and try again until you get the desired results. This becomes more important later as you get better seal book effects and precision gear smithing comes into play.

User Info: Final_Cataclsym

Final_Cataclsym
1 year ago#6
All the above is correct except the +25 necessary for 2 attributes. You can do that right away, but 50 for 3 and 75 for 4 is correct.

The best attribute in the game however is Agility. Get a combo of Agility and Speed Up x 5 (even more so with Crowned characters) and you are incredibly hard to kill. When every member on your team can take 5-6 turns before an enemy gets to act once, it is basically cheating. Be prepared to grind a bit for that level of insanity though.
A single cash tea box is worth more to Tesshu than the several guards he left bleeding out in front of the castle gate. ~WeirdFetishes

DoopDoop
1 year ago#7
Really? It's been a bit for me but I'll take your word for it, coulda swore it was 25 for two. Oh well.
  1. Boards
  2. Dungeon Travelers 2: The Royal Library & the Monster Seal
  3. Leveling takes forever now and feels pointless!
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A