• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy Type-0 HD
  3. Oh fans of Final Fantasy Type-0....

User Info: Solution009

Solution009
1 year ago#1
Convince me to play this game! I bought it back in 15 for the XV demo and its set on my shelf ever since. I played it once briefly and got to the academy, and I never picked it up again.

I've played every mainline entry in the series, so I'm no stranger to Square games. But they did sort of lose their way after XII so I've been hesitant. I've heard quite a few people say that this one is their favorite FF game though, and that's really saying something.

What are your favorite things about this game? The things that make it a must-play?

User Info: MechaFlo

MechaFlo
1 year ago#2
The plusses:

I like the full on action combat. This isn't like say XII where it's a weird sort of ATB/action hybrid. It's a full on action game.

I like the story. For the most part, it's a relatively (by FF standards) grounded war story, and the opening cutscene sets this tone pretty well.

Having only so many hours during your days before missions lends an element of strategy and replay value as you can't do everything in one playthrough. The game is really meant to be played through multiple times. Though this could be a detriment if you want a one and done game.

Now for the cons.

Most of the main cast are one note characters that don't get fleshed out.

I'm not a big fan of the final chapter, though the final boss fight and ending are good. I won't go into more details here as it's spoilery.

While the war story is pretty easy to follow in general some of the mythology stuff going on is a bit obtuse.

User Info: Depressionism

Depressionism
1 year ago#3
-Awesome soundtrack

-Several characters to play as with different combat styles

-Story is convoluted mess
-but is still kind of enthralling
I'm so miserable without you it's almost like you're here
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy Type-0 HD
  3. Oh fans of Final Fantasy Type-0....
  • Topic Archived