• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Depressionism

Depressionism
1 year ago#1
how am i supp to do these im playing on normal and its super difficult theyre like 20 levels higher than me
I'm so miserable without you it's almost like you're here

User Info: LordHellmaster

LordHellmaster
1 year ago#2
You can grind until your characters are high enough level or save them for a second playthrough of the game; all levels, equipment, etc. carry over in NG+.

As an aside, if you really want to do, there is a way to level up your characters really quickly if you absolutely can’t wait and want to finish the expert trials sooner rather than later.
"Never argue with stupid people. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."
--Mark Twain

User Info: Depressionism

Depressionism
1 year ago#3
Gotcha. What's the level-up technique? I just do the secret training thing and not play for a few days.

How does the leveling actually work? Are the expert trial enemies always 20 levels above whatever your level is? I'd like to do some my first playthrough bc i'm trying to do an optimal run.
I'm so miserable without you it's almost like you're here

User Info: Drake_God

Drake_God
1 year ago#4
Depressionism posted...
Gotcha. What's the level-up technique? I just do the secret training thing and not play for a few days.

How does the leveling actually work? Are the expert trial enemies always 20 levels above whatever your level is? I'd like to do some my first playthrough bc i'm trying to do an optimal run.

I would really recommend leaving the trials for a 2nd playthrough. It takes at least 3 playthroughs to finish everything the game has to offer, so might as well leave this to a subsequent playthrough. An "optimal run" isn't possible, since there aren't enough hours to do everything (in subsequent playthroughs, most of the chats you had in previous playthroughs are free. So then you can be more "optimal")

As for the trick, don't do the "not play for a few days" thing. It's capped at 24 hours, after which you don't get benefits. That said, the timer is based on your system's time. So enter the secret training, turn your system's clock ahead 24 hours and a minute, load your save and repeat till you're happy. Then you can reset your system time to automatic and not lose anything.

Also, over-night automatic SPP farming can make your characters practically unstoppable from very early in the game. And since it gives you spells and accessories, you can choose not to use it if you feel the game's too easy then.

As for your question on the expert trial enemy levels, I don't remember. But I do know that in general enemy levels scale with you (and enemies don't have a level cap, so don't think that being lv99 will make you equal). Playing on a lower difficulty setting will also help.
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A