This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Mario Maker
  3. 2 of my levels got deleted off the servers......

User Info: MarioMan847

MarioMan847
3 years ago#1
This is the first time this has happened to me. I mean, I knew it was possible for unpopular levels to get deleted like this..... but man, it just really sucks because it doesn't even let you re-upload the levels at all. I would have to completely re-build it from scratch.

It's just surprising because the levels were only up for a month which doesn't seem that long. Anyone else have any similar experiences like this?
Video games are awesome.

User Info: CaptainToad101

CaptainToad101
3 years ago#2
You can't re-upload them? I had an unpopular level deleted from the server, even though it had about 10 stars and 30 or so plays. I re-uploaded it no problem.

Describe the levels in detail. The code of conduct can be really strict at times.
NNID: ToadStar100
How many cats have you pet today?

User Info: Stanger5150

Stanger5150
3 years ago#3
How many stars did they have?
NNID/PSN: BlackRain8782
Super Mario Maker Levels: https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/profile/BlackRain8782

MarioMan847
3 years ago#4
They both had a few stars with a decent amount of plays, there's no way it was "code of conduct" or anything, they were fairly challenging but didn't have anything like rude or anything lol.

One was a bumper filled level with grinders, and another was a SHMUP level that used the fire clown car. I don't know how you were able to re-upload your deleted level, even if I save the level as a new save, it won't let me re-upload it at all.
Video games are awesome.

Stanger5150
3 years ago#5
That makes no f***ing sense. We really need Nintendo to finally give us the f***ing criteria for this s***!
Super Mario Maker Levels: https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/profile/BlackRain8782

MarioMan847
3 years ago#6
Well I wouldn't use the same type of language, but yeah this is pretty stupid. =P
Video games are awesome.

User Info: ThundaPC

ThundaPC
3 years ago#7
At this point, people who have been affected are going to have to start providing all the detail they can remember about their level (name, stars, plays, upload date, etc.). People keep saying "it wasn't popular enough" but it is still EXTREMELY easy to find levels as far back as September that have low stars, plays, AND clear rate.
Miiverse Name: TAJ
Mario Maker Highlights- New series; GimmiK: https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/profile/ThundaPC

User Info: bigpoppapat

bigpoppapat
3 years ago#8
CaptainToad101 posted...
You can't re-upload them? I had an unpopular level deleted from the server, even though it had about 10 stars and 30 or so plays. I re-uploaded it no problem.

Describe the levels in detail. The code of conduct can be really strict at times.

when? there was a point where they began prohibiting re uploads
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.21
Nintendo ID : Patoons

User Info: Gameandwatch2

Gameandwatch2
3 years ago#9
I've seen levels with only one star out of 300+ plays, so I'm really curious as to what exactly the deletion criteria are.
3DS FC: 4511-1815-7291 (Flying Safari: Swanna, Spearow, Doduo)
My Mario Maker creations: Currently being revised.

Stanger5150
3 years ago#10
Gameandwatch2 posted...
I've seen levels with only one star out of 300+ plays, so I'm really curious as to what exactly the deletion criteria are.

I feel we have the right to know. We've all used up an ungodly number of hours to make this game the success that it is.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Mario Maker
  3. 2 of my levels got deleted off the servers......
  • Topic Archived