• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Splatoon
  3. 2 stages every 4 hours.

User Info: MineralPlusBox

MineralPlusBox
6 years ago#11
I'm okay with it but I think they should change it to 2 hours.
Friendcode : 1607-1877-1442 - Pokemon Y & ORAS : King - Pokedex : Living Dex complete ! (08/30/14)

User Info: Mario maniac

Mario maniac
6 years ago#12
Momogirl1 posted...
It...
IS/WAS
A
DEMO!

The Direct specified that the online of the FULL! game limits players to 2 maps every 4 hours.

I think it's nonsense, people have school and jobs to go to so they may miss out on their favourites. They're trying to stop people picking the same maps all the time by... picking the same maps for us? Okay.
3DS 5327-0923-7747
Wii U: Mario_maniac PS3: Zath84 X360: Wario waniac

User Info: NightMareBunny

NightMareBunny
6 years ago#13
i think this is pure crap....as stated a lot of people have jobs and work to do...so 2 stages once every 4 hours seems a bit insane
PS3 VV_Argost
XB1 GamerClawdeen WiiU: GothicNightmare

User Info: lecorbak

lecorbak
6 years ago#14
It...
IS/WAS
A
DEMO!

we are not talking about the demo actually.

User Info: Crystal_Dream

Crystal_Dream
6 years ago#15
Depends on whether I like the maps.

In every shooter I played, there's always one or two levels that, if I played on it exclusively, I won't complain too much. Like:

Call of Duty (?) - Nuketown
Modern Warfare 3 - The Mall
Gears of War 2 - Day One
Titanfall - That one level with the pink cherry blossom trees in an urban city

If Splatoon had a level based on a city or a mall, I wouldn't mind playing those for hours.
"Petals dance for our valediction and synchronize to your frozen pulsation...
Swirling wind sings for our reunion and 9.8 is my acceleration." - Mili

User Info: Justicist

Justicist
6 years ago#16
Crystal_Dream posted...
Depends on whether I like the maps.

In every shooter I played, there's always one or two levels that, if I played on it exclusively, I won't complain too much. Like:

Call of Duty (?) - Nuketown
Modern Warfare 3 - The Mall
Gears of War 2 - Day One
Titanfall - That one level with the pink cherry blossom trees in an urban city

If Splatoon had a level based on a city or a mall, I wouldn't mind playing those for hours.

Theres already a mall level, arowana mall.

User Info: Crystal_Dream

Crystal_Dream
6 years ago#17
Justicist posted...

Theres already a mall level, arowana mall.

Sweet, I hope it's fun!
"Petals dance for our valediction and synchronize to your frozen pulsation...
Swirling wind sings for our reunion and 9.8 is my acceleration." - Mili

User Info: iphys

iphys
5 years ago#18
I don't really understand the reasoning for it, because no one's going to want to play the same 2 maps for 4 hours straight. Is this how they try get people bored with the game to sell other games and so people don't play it non-stop all day and Nintendo doesn't need to spend as much money on bandwidth for it?

User Info: neji721

neji721
5 years ago#19
I'm fine with it. With map voting system you will only play 1-2 maps anyway. You have everyone's favorite stage and the occasional random that gets the vote.

User Info: Xeiros

Xeiros
5 years ago#20
I'd wager it has a lot to do with the severely limited number of maps the game is launching with. In the following weeks/months when the rest of the maps they were developing are released are the pool of maps hits least the double digits if they're still doing the 2 maps every 4 hours nonsense, I'll have no idea why.

Saltspray Rig
Walleye Warehouse
Blackbelly Skatepark
Arowana Mall
Urchin Underpass

The game is only launching with a meager 5 maps. This isn't like MK8 where we had 16 new and 16 retro for a total of 32 tracks to choose from at launch. With a pool this limited you'd still be playing the same maps constantly even with a MK online voting approach. As more maps are released this will become much less of an issue and in turn so will the value of purposefully limiting players in this way.
NNID: Xeiros
  1. Boards
  2. Splatoon
  3. 2 stages every 4 hours.
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A