• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Grand Theft Auto Online
  3. Easy work around for joining friends disabled because of tutorial

User Info: VooDism

VooDism
6 years ago#1
Pretty sure most of use have this problem. While joining them through your xbox one friends list may sometimes work.

This work around always works and its faster.

Join GTA O.. Press start. Go the GTA Online in the pause menu. Go to crews.. From there either look at you crew or look at your friends crew. NOW.. you can easily join them.

User Info: chriss1

chriss1
6 years ago#2
I USUALLY just go to the friends list in the online menu and join from there, i guess they work just the same. Good info to know, anyhow.

VooDism
6 years ago#3
chriss1 posted...
I USUALLY just go to the friends list in the online menu and join from there, i guess they work just the same. Good info to know, anyhow.

For me.. It does not work for myself and most of my friends. It constantly says.."disabled" Until you are your friend finishes the tutorial.

Going to the xbox live friends list sometimes work.. but most of the time it does not. It simply doesn't do anything when i chose to join them.

Going through crews.. Seems to force the game to actually work as intended.

User Info: DaveThePunisher

DaveThePunisher
6 years ago#4
I hate to be "that guy", but why didn't you play the tutorial? It takes about 5-10 minute and teaches you everything you need to know about playing online.

it's almost as bad as those people who skip the single player and go straight into Online. I told one guy, "meet me at Trevor's airfield" and he was like "Who's Trevor? What's his gamertag?"

VooDism
6 years ago#5
DaveThePunisher posted...
I hate to be "that guy", but why didn't you play the tutorial? It takes about 5-10 minute and teaches you everything you need to know about playing online.
"

*facepalm*

Really?

I did complete the damn tutorial... Way back in Oct 2013. The game is currently bugged and keeps telling me it have NOT completed the tutorial. Which means i can't join friends or invite them.

Which is why i posted this topic,

User Info: chriss1

chriss1
6 years ago#6
VooDism posted...
chriss1 posted...

For me.. It does not work for myself and most of my friends. It constantly says.."disabled" Until you are your friend finishes the tutorial.

Going to the xbox live friends list sometimes work.. but most of the time it does not. It simply doesn't do anything when i chose to join them.

Going through crews.. Seems to force the game to actually work as intended.

Well i stand corrected, i also notice that about the tutorial status, ive gotten that before also. good info.

User Info: bulldog385

bulldog385
6 years ago#7
VooDism posted...
DaveThePunisher posted...
"

http://cdn.iwastesomuchtime.com/October-18-2011-20-12-49-DoubleFacePalm.jpg

Really?

I did complete the damn tutorial... Way back in Oct 2013. The game is currently bugged and keeps telling me it have NOT completed the tutorial. Which means i can't join friends or invite them.

Which is why i posted this topic,

Here you go VooDism, Fixed it for you ...lol

Sorry, I couldn't Resist... lol
Xbox Live GT: FussyPompano281

VooDism
6 years ago#8
lol... Bulldog.. That actually did fix it. :D
  1. Boards
  2. Grand Theft Auto Online
  3. Easy work around for joining friends disabled because of tutorial
  • Topic Archived