• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Grand Theft Auto V
  3. Some general questions

User Info: Zenoth

Zenoth
1 year ago#1
I've owned this game on Steam for a long time now, but I just recently started to revisit it (I did play the singleplayer campaign before but for maybe 2 or 3 hours only). I'm playing the singleplayer mode again, but this time I've added the 'Redux' mod. It works well, took some time to adjust everything and install some tools but it works and it's stable (and beautiful, too; the lightning is incredibly better now).

So anyway, some questions I have regarding controls, camera and a few things:

1) There seems to be no way to disable the 'auto-camera' effect when on foot. I did find that sort of option (inside the game options, under the Camera settings) but it only works for vehicles. I.E., the option allows me to disable auto-center camera when driving. But there's no such option when on foot. So when I walk around in a straight line for example and look left or right (while moving forward, holding the W key for instance) then whenever I leave the camera looking to the right (or left) it auto-centers itself again. I hate that.

Is there a way to turn that off when on foot / walking?

2) Again, related to the automatic camera. When I stand idle in third person view for some (short) time, around 10 seconds maybe, the camera automatically goes in first-person view and my character's head starts to look around randomly. I absolutely abhor that effect.

Is there a way to turn that off?

3) Once more about the camera. When walking, if I walk towards the camera to look at my character from his/her front by holding the S key (which means I hold S to walk 'down' towards the camera, for example) then the camera starts to either move to the left, or to the right (it's random). And in addition to that, as the camera starts to move to either side my character seems to be following that camera movement and no longer walks in a straight line and starts veering left or right.

However, that effect does not happen at all if I walk forward by holding the W key instead with my character's back turned against the camera. So just walking forward 'normally' by pressing W is fine. But walking 'down' towards the camera by pressing S somehow provokes this weird camera behavior and I have absolutely zero control on it as it happens, except 'fighting' against it and constantly pressing S or D to fight against that automatic left or right camera veering movement.

Is there a way to turn that off?

4) This one is about mods, but specifically character mods when used as Replacers (to replace either one of the three main characters in singleplayer). So for example if I download a Batman character mod (which I totally did, it's not just an example) then I noticed something weird. I do think I know why it's doing that but I just want to know if it's really always like that or if there's a way around it.

So, the "problem" is whenever I play as a modded character to replace either of the three main guys then I cannot interact with the game world at all. By that I mean I don't have cash to start with. And even with a Trainer giving my modded character cash seems to be impossible (but it is possible to give cash to the main characters, I've tried and it does work for them). I could of course elaborate on what seems to be possible to do or not when playing a modded character in singleplayer.

But instead I'll just go straight to the point and ask this: Is playing a modded character in singleplayer always like that? I.E. you can't use cash or use in-game services and so on? Say, go to the Barber or talk to NPCs by pressing E at them (now obviously that would require the modded character to have voice lines for that I am aware, but it's an example of what I mean by being unable to interact with the game world) and so on. The only thing I can do with a modded character, it seems, is to just walk around, give myself weapons for the heck of it and blast things up and that's about it.

I wasn't expecting to go as far as actually playing the game missions as a modded character, obviously. But I thought it would be possible to do something as mundane as getting in a bar and paying for a drink and having the drinking animation play properly and that's it. I wouldn't even want the modded character to even talk, but at least play some interactive animations with the game world. The irony is that all the modded characters I've tried to far all had the game's animations sets working for them as I tested them in the Trainer options. I mean heck I could make Batman play the 'Very Drunk' animation as part of his movement style (and it was hilarious).

So yeah, world interaction is a 'No No' in general with modded characters? Just want to make sure I'm not missing anything.

So that's about it (at least right now). Thanks.
  1. Boards
  2. Grand Theft Auto V
  3. Some general questions
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A