• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Grand Theft Auto V
  3. Best GTA game for the original Xbox

User Info: benjiross1

benjiross1
5 months ago#1
Only posting here because this board seems active enough. I’m looking for something that plays like LCS or one that’s just the best, but for the Original Xbox. I’m unsure of which game I should buy.

Any suggestions?
The Official Pajama Sam Supporter of GameFAQs
(edited 5 months ago)

User Info: stapler87

stapler87
5 months ago#2
Out of 3, Vice City, and San Andreas, SA is my favorite. That said, I really enjoyed all of them.
Well, I'd rather not get involved. I never talked to my neighbor, I'd rather not get involved.

User Info: ziadon

ziadon
5 months ago#3
For the style, music and setting deffo vice city but for shear size and things to do GTA SA. But then again GTA 3 blew me away at the time it came out I played it none stop for 18 months every day.
Light em up, I'm going in!!

User Info: Mikejl87

Mikejl87
5 months ago#4
I loved Vice City for the setting and soundtrack but I probably spent more time in SA. SA also had one of my favorite implementations of custom soundtracks til day: it would play commercials in between songs so it felt like an actual radio station.

User Info: Justincblount

Justincblount
3 months ago#5
1 San Andreas
2 VC Stories
3 Vice City
4 GTA3
5 LC Stories

That's how I rank them. I would also consider Saints Row the spiritual successor after San Andreas. Rockstar went the "simulation" route, where SR remembered to keep the fun intact.

User Info: benjiross1

benjiross1
3 months ago#6
My gf got me SA, and I just beat it. Wonderful game! Thank you all for suggesting it!
The comment above this signature's probably gonna get edited more than twice.

User Info: Rodni_Demental

Rodni_Demental
3 months ago#7
^^ Glad to hear you enjoyed SA!

If you particularly liked LCS I believe you might appreciate GTA3 being in a familiar city. To me it is a unique scenario to potentially experience them in this order; the latter serving as a sequel to the former which is curious from a story perspective.
San Andreas can spoil you for features though and that game could last someone a long time. But for me, GTA3 is still a favourite.

On original Xbox, I would suggest the GTA: double pack could be of interest at some point containing the GTA/VC combo. And there is a trilogy pack for convenience I have seen around aswell.
My music: myspace.com/jeromebartlesmusic
  1. Boards
  2. Grand Theft Auto V
  3. Best GTA game for the original Xbox
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A