• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Grand Theft Auto Online
  3. Players booting people offline

User Info: vvenom2005

vvenom2005
3 years ago#1
So now it starts on PS4, i literally got threats just because i was in a Hydra, kid texts me telling me where i live that im going offline and sure enough few min later it said i got a network error and i had no internet at all for about 5 min.

Then the following day someone else threatens me says where i live but doesn't boot me off for whatever reason.

The funny thing is i know exactly what their doing, alls it is is a program that they use that tells them where each player lives and can boot them offline for X amount of minutes. They're not even hackers because anyone can use it, dont let these people fool u and tell u they're hacking and they will ban u etc. If they try to scare u just tell them ur going to the local authoritys because messing with someone's internet is serious business.

User Info: 7101334

3 years ago#2
Holy s*** people are actually stupid enough to believe people can kick you offline?

vvenom2005 posted...
i know exactly what their doing, alls it is is a program that they use that tells them where each player lives and can boot them offline for X amount of minutes

Alright let me play into this for one second. You know exactly what they're* doing. What is this program called then?

vvenom2005 posted...
If they try to scare u just tell them ur going to the local authoritys because messing with someone's internet is serious business.

Oh jesus I feel terrible for whatever policeman has to deal with your paranoid fantasies and belief that some 12 year old actually shut your internet off for 5 minutes from across the country. Not really f*** the police but still.
No Man's Sky photography & videos: http://xenophotography.tumblr.com/
Join us at the Galactic Hub: https://www.reddit.com/r/NMSGalacticHub/

vvenom2005
3 years ago#3
7101334 posted...
Holy s*** people are actually stupid enough to believe people can kick you offline?

vvenom2005 posted...
i know exactly what their doing, alls it is is a program that they use that tells them where each player lives and can boot them offline for X amount of minutes

Alright let me play into this for one second. You know exactly what they're* doing. What is this program called then?

vvenom2005 posted...
If they try to scare u just tell them ur going to the local authoritys because messing with someone's internet is serious business.

Oh jesus I feel terrible for whatever policeman has to deal with your paranoid fantasies and belief that some 12 year old actually shut your internet off for 5 minutes from across the country. Not really f*** the police but still.

Yes they can boot people offline because i have a friend that has the program, so when it happens to u don't complain.

User Info: Natural510

Natural510
3 years ago#4
So report them to Rockstar and Sony instead of posting here. That's an instant, permanent ban if true.
PSN: WarriorNat

3 years ago#5
vvenom2005 posted...
7101334 posted...

vvenom2005 posted...

vvenom2005 posted...

Yes they can boot people offline because i have a friend that has the program, so when it happens to u don't complain.

You're like 11, aren't you? If not, you're mentally 11.

User Info: jedgar33797

jedgar33797
3 years ago#6
I'm pretty sure something like this has happen to me recently, I go overboard with the Hydra trolling and I've lost connection all of a sudden. But then instantly comes back on as if nothing. No messages, people have to be really stupid in the head to announce it though. It's a big no no for sure.
XBL / PSN: jedgar33797
Analog, digital, stereo, mono I don't care, GTA is a hard act to follow.

User Info: ThrillKillFan

ThrillKillFan
3 years ago#7
vvenom2005 posted...
because messing with someone's internet is serious business.

Yep. The internet is serious business.
Internet forum logic: When my opinion agrees with yours we're good. When it doesn't, the one with the different opinion is 'whining'. Gotta love the internet!

3 years ago#8
ThrillKillFan posted...
vvenom2005 posted...

Seriously just can't get the image of the 911 operator answering the call, "Some kids on GTA shut off my internet!"

vvenom2005
3 years ago#9
7101334 posted...
ThrillKillFan posted...
vvenom2005 posted...

Seriously just can't get the image of the 911 operator answering the call, "Some kids on GTA shut off my internet!"

Ok so when ur in jail say that, i bet ur 1 of those people that boot others offline with a user name like that.What are u hiding?

Remeber when psn was attacked and shut offline many years ago? Guess where most of them are now?

And those kids that DDOS internet websites and think they're cool well guess what? The FBI doesn't think so, so next time u boot someone offline think about that.

And BTW i'm not 11 but i know u are.

vvenom2005
3 years ago#10
jedgar33797 posted...
I'm pretty sure something like this has happen to me recently, I go overboard with the Hydra trolling and I've lost connection all of a sudden. But then instantly comes back on as if nothing. No messages, people have to be really stupid in the head to announce it though. It's a big no no for sure.

Yeah it looks like a network error most of the time, if they really wanna boot u off u will lose ur internet for awhile and yeah the people that do that and threaten others are usually the ones that get caught because they're too stupid to realize they are probably being recorded or FBI is watching.

There were known issues of FBI watching PSN and Xbox live a few month back but not because of booting people offline , because terrorists were using PSN to plan their attacks so FBI had it on watch, some of these kids should watch the news lol.
  1. Boards
  2. Grand Theft Auto Online
  3. Players booting people offline
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A