• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Grand Theft Auto Online
  3. Filled the $1,800,000 cocaine factory with product and sold it:

User Info: Yuggle

Yuggle
5 years ago#1
For $420,000

Thats it. I had all upgrades for business aswell.

I did this 100% solo you do not need other players.

For those that dont know. This is how it works:

Once you have the business, you need to get supplies. When you retrieve the supplies, your workers automatically get the business money by turning them into product. You dont have to do anything else. However, this is a VERY slow process. Took me for ever for my "product value" to move from 0-24k. And it eventually got to 280,000.

When you sell you can choose between a los santos or blaine county buyer. The LS was 280k, the same as my product was "valued". The blaine county sell was 420k. Which involved me driving 3 seperate boats from grapeseed to west of the miltary base, through raton canyon and driving back each time to get the next. As it was just me.

Back to obtaining the actual supplies for your workers to turn into product. You have 2 options. You can either steal supplies this is 100% free. It basically sends you on a "CEO warehouse buy mission". You go and grab a vehicle, or some crates and bring them back to the business. However, as i said, you dont have to pay. Its free. So you can get all your supplies without spending a penny.

OR. You can buy them. Which refills your supplies and prices vary on how low your supplies are. They get delivered straight to your business without a mission.

Its OK. I like you have the option to either pay or do a mission to get the supplies. The pay out is pretty low but considering you dont have to do anything once you get the supplies its kinda understandable. However, it takes way to long. If the product value went up 2-3x faster this could be on par with CEO/VIP work. But atm its just not there.

Its importnat to note though, you can do other stuff whilst your employees are working. Eg: i tried out some of the new biker contract missions and got some extra $$, and even was able to swap to CEO, do a HH and swap back.

So you could technically grind solo VIP work whilst this is going.

Obviously its early days and people will figure out methods just thought id give some info from my experience.

User Info: C_Money17

C_Money17
5 years ago#2
That's disappointing to hear, but I'm not really surprised that the payout is so low since you don't have to do anything. I just got finished playing and bought a clubhouse (which I tricked out for over a million) and the forgery spot in Paleto Bay (the cheapest thing you can buy on the website). I... really don't like that you just have to wait around for the value to increase without doing anything, but at least you can do VIP/CEO in the meantime. This wouldn't be so bad if you could have multiple operations going on at once, but the game only allows a single one to be active at any given time.

I'd be mad that I spent a total of around 8 million on this update if I didn't already grind the hell out of CEO work and stockpile cash before hand.
Words I wish people would stop saying, in no particular order: 1. "Yikes" 2. "Oof". That is all.
https://imgur.com/jvn8FGj

User Info: DravenRainrix

DravenRainrix
5 years ago#3
Hmm...
I tried to sell from my Document forgery just north of the Alamo Sea.
It had me take two Post-Op trucks to Los Santos and do 5 separate drops with each. At each stop I had to get out of the truck, walk up to the door and post the pa kage.
It took over 20/minutes just for the first truck, there was no way I was going to make it back to do truck 2. Not that it mattered, someone blew up truck two before I got to it.
All in all I was disappointed, but glad I got something for my effort, think it was around $12750.
Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah...
Diddly do diddly do diddly do...

User Info: saking727

saking727
5 years ago#4
CEO is the real money maker

But the good thing is that the businesses Dont require as much overhead as crates
I'm saking727, and I approve this message.

User Info: OverpoweredFish

OverpoweredFish
5 years ago#5
Bummer. Do you have to buy the upgrades again? Because if not, you'll eventually re-earn the money put in
don't worry, I'm sure I'll respond after my next two-year hiatus

User Info: CTLM

CTLM
5 years ago#6
So the bikers are the opposite of the CEOs then? You put in less money into your warehouse, but turn it into a large profit? The one that has things like overhead and paying taxes in real life (plus would be more concerned about profit margins and the bottom line) is far more profitable than the one that doesn't bother with any of that?

R chose to make this an even worse of a grind than the ceos? I honesty didn't see that coming. I knew it would be kind of like the ceo work (public lobby, fetch quests) but I figured it would pay close to it because why go backwards? That's illogical

Yuggle
5 years ago#7
If anyone has bought the cheapest business and filled it. It would be much appreciated if they came here and said how much it sells for.

Also to others,

If you have multiple business they will fill themselves up at the same time. So you can have 5 all making you $$.

I think the fact it does it automatically is a huge factor in why its way less than CEO.

I was just messing around trying some of the other biker missions with austinn. (1 payed 33.5k which was pretty good) went back to my factory and it had made me $124,000 whilst id been doing other stuff.

I think the key is to mix it with other things. Wether that be other business, other biker work or CEO work. Definetly the way to go.
(message deleted)

Yuggle
5 years ago#9
Obviously niether of these would happen because rockstar is rockstar, but.

The 2 ways in my opinion to "fix" this amd make it worth it over other things would be.

-Make the business obtain product MUCH faster. At least 2-3x the speed. It takes way to long.

OR

- Have no sell missions. You simply hit sell on your computer and get your money. The sell mission i did was more annoying and time consuming than any warehouse sale ive ever done which have gotten me 1-2.2 mil. Not 400k.

Yes i know they are random but still.

If there was no sell mission it wouldnt be as bad that it tales forever to let the $$ build up. Since theres no risk in losing it.

User Info: saking727

saking727
5 years ago#10
Yuggle posted...
If anyone has bought the cheapest business and filled it. It would be much appreciated if they came here and said how much it sells for.

Also to others,

If you have multiple business they will fill themselves up at the same time. So you can have 5 all making you $$.

I think the fact it does it automatically is a huge factor in why its way less than CEO.

I was just messing around trying some of the other biker missions with austinn. (1 payed 33.5k which was pretty good) went back to my factory and it had made me $124,000 whilst id been doing other stuff.

I think the key is to mix it with other things. Wether that be other business, other biker work or CEO work. Definetly the way to go.

Don't get me wrong, there is overhead

I have 5 businesses fully upgraded and get charged 30k every 48 minutes

However, supplies are free if you go the steal route
I'm saking727, and I approve this message.
  1. Boards
  2. Grand Theft Auto Online
  3. Filled the $1,800,000 cocaine factory with product and sold it:
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A