• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Grand Theft Auto V
  3. Just got this game, online is kinda kicking my ass. Anyone got tips for a newbie

User Info: solarboy52

solarboy52
6 days ago#1
Got this game last friday, jumped to online after i hit the first save in the story. (Online was the main reason i got it, it looked fun from YouTube clips from people like vanoss, h20 delirious and terroriser, and while it's no saint's row 2 or 3, it's still fun)i'm up to rank 26 now but i'm normally annihilated in any freeroam fights. Any advice or tips to help win things like business battles, or handle events like king of the mountain? Or any advice in general?
I'm not insane, I've just traveled so deep into insanity, that I came out on the other side into sanity

User Info: AWickes96

AWickes96
6 days ago#2
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/805601-grand-theft-auto-v/70690005
---

User Info: Lonewolf80

Lonewolf80
3 days ago#3
Don't bother with online, it's just a mess of griefers and hackers who just want to kill you and steal your money. You do a job together with some people and then they will murder you and rob your money as soon as you finish. Not to mention those idiots who will intentionally destroy your personal vehicle for fun.
Excuse me, I have a mushroom cloud to walk into.

solarboy52
3 days ago#4
Well, i quickly lost interest in the story, and since i bought it online and can't return it, i'm guessing this was just a waste of $20
I'm not insane, I've just traveled so deep into insanity, that I came out on the other side into sanity

User Info: darkknight338

darkknight338
3 days ago#5
So what happened to all of that fun?
Currently Playing: SRTT, Forza 4, Kingdoms of Amalur, AOT:TDC

solarboy52
3 days ago#6
darkknight338 posted...
So what happened to all of that fun?
It's gone. The bad has outweighed the good, and any enjoyment is buried under frustration. I've already uninstalled the game

User Info: ThrillKillFan

ThrillKillFan
3 days ago#7
Lonewolf80 posted...
Don't bother with online, it's just a mess of griefers and hackers who just want to kill you and steal your money. You do a job together with some people and then they will murder you and rob your money as soon as you finish. Not to mention those idiots who will intentionally destroy your personal vehicle for fun.
Easiest way to avoid being killed by people you just finished a mission or whatever with is to have started in an invite/friend/crew session with passive mode ON. Typically you will be dropped back into the same kinda session you were in before you joined the mission/heist/whatever and even if you aren't you'll usually still be in passive mode since you were in it before joining.
I'm not loyal to any company or brand, especially the Cult Of Houser(GTA games) or Sony(PS3/PS4/etc). Defending corporations is absurd.
  1. Boards
  2. Grand Theft Auto V
  3. Just got this game, online is kinda kicking my ass. Anyone got tips for a newbie
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Answers