• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Grand Theft Auto V
  3. Can you rape women in this game?

User Info: hey_yo_83

hey_yo_83
6 years ago#1
Because today at work I overheard a 50 year old woman talking to someone about the GTAV ban saying she had been in a heated discussion the night before with her son about the game and how ''you can rape women''.

Now I've completed this game on PS3 (and own it on PS4) and can't remember one instance of being able to rape anybody. This women spoke about the game as if the whole point of GTA was to rape and kill women.

I asked her if she had played the game which she responded ''No'' but I got interrupted before I could debate her further.

User Info: ELDuran

ELDuran
6 years ago#2
There's a random rape event
Most of the money you'll win at poker comes not from the brilliance of your own play, but from the ineptitude of your opponents.

User Info: ozran

ozran
6 years ago#3
Yeah the lady obviously had no idea what the hell she was talking about
Forever random, eternally comfy.......no you may not sit on me. RANDOM COUCH!!!

User Info: hey_yo_83

hey_yo_83
6 years ago#4
ELDuran posted...

I don't think I've seen that but I'm assuming it's like the one in red dead redemption where you're basically supposed to intervene and stop it from happening?

I'm certain there's nothing player controlled.

User Info: ELDuran

ELDuran
6 years ago#5
hey_yo_83 posted...
ELDuran posted...

I don't think I've seen that but I'm assuming it's like the one in red dead redemption where you're basically supposed to intervene and stop it from happening?

I'm certain there's nothing player controlled.

http://youtu.be/1scrloKXgTo
Most of the money you'll win at poker comes not from the brilliance of your own play, but from the ineptitude of your opponents.

User Info: nnulda

nnulda
6 years ago#6
There is a random event where 2 hillbillies are ATTEMPTING! to rape a young woman.
One has hsi todger out, but you are too far away for it to be offensive
You despatch them form this earth and take the young lady home.

I am pretty sure that the mother and father of any young girl saved like this probably wouldn't care too much about the two would be rapists being despatched with extreme prejudice

Just anther person proving to others that you don't have to know anything at all about a subject in order to argue about it

Never let the facts get in the way of a good story

User Info: JGA1980

JGA1980
6 years ago#7
No, but the petition started by ex-prostitutes that caused GTA V to be pulled off the shelves by Target and K-Mart states that this game encourages the player to commit sexual violence on prostitutes with machetes and rewards them with health points.

What they're calling sexual violence is just the ability to beat up prostitutes after sex and steal your money back, which in the minds of ex-prostitutes, could possibly be considered rape because the consensual sex they just gave you is retroactively non-consensual if you extract a refund.

What strikes me is that by calling this act of violence towards prostitutes "sexual violence" or rape, it seems that the ex-prostitutes towards this petition are more concerned with the player getting their money back off the prostitute than the actual violence, which can be metered out to anyone else in the game with equal prejudice... they would probably also accuse you of sexual violence if you paid them with a cheque that bounced.

Unfortunately, the people that read and believed every word of the petition were never interested in GTA V in the first place and don't care that consensual sex in exchange for money, then optional violence, isn't the same thing as sexual violence and the game encouraging the player to commit rape and reward them with points.

On the bright side, you don't have to beat up the prostitutes after they have sex with you and the game in no way encourages you to do this. If you want, you can just drive the prostitute home as she requests, which in the minds of the idiots who created this petition, would probably constitute as sex trafficking or sexual automobiling.

A much better thing you can do is beep your horn to signal for them to get into the car, then drive off just as they get to the door, then stop and wait for them to almost reach the door, then drive off again etc, or just wait for them to get near the door, then give them the finger and a choice insult or two until they walk away... but don't tell the petition writing ex-prostitutes about this, or they'll probably start another petition that GTA V allows you to sexually harass prostitutes and encourages you to commit sexual insultment on them.

User Info: JGA1980

JGA1980
6 years ago#8
nnulda posted...
There is a random event where 2 hillbillies are ATTEMPTING! to rape a young woman.
One has hsi todger out, but you are too far away for it to be offensive
You despatch them form this earth and take the young lady home.

I don't think they're attempting to rape her, they're attempting to kidnap her and take her to their camp where she'll be sacrificed and eaten.

It's just a coincidence that the two cultists are half naked, but that's what most of them dress like anyway and isn't an indication of them being in the mood for love.

Furthermore, even if they wanted to have sex with her, they wouldn't rape her in broad daylight on the roadside, not when their secret cult camp is just a few miles away and they have a car, but that's largely irrelevant because in the mindset of The Altruists, the younger generation like that woman they were attempting to kidnap would be unworthy of have sex with them, rape or consensual

Not every crazy old man with his todger out who is bothering a woman is a rapist, like in this case, he's bothering her for entirely different reasons and coincidentally has his todger out because that's just how he rolls.

User Info: Marshall_Law

Marshall_Law
6 years ago#9
So we are seriously letting whores decide what's moral these days?
" people of the nation do not understand our banking system, if they did there would be a revolution before morning." - Henry Ford

User Info: Ghaszaszh_Nyirh

Ghaszaszh_Nyirh
6 years ago#10
Marshall_Law posted...
So we are seriously letting whores decide what's moral these days?

lol best comment.
Ghaszaszh Nyirh. Of the Old Ones, the scrolls say that he loved the debasement of his slaves the best. And they go to him willingly.
  1. Boards
  2. Grand Theft Auto V
  3. Can you rape women in this game?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A