• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Bloodborne
  3. DLC worth it for a noob?

User Info: Ragnarok424

Ragnarok424
1 month ago#1
Guys I recently got back into Bloodborne. I wasn't into it when it first released. But after playing more "Soulsborne" type games, I am revisiting Bloodborne and loving it much more now.

My question is, is the Old Hunters worth purchasing? Does it actually add a lot to the experience?

I know fans love the DLC, but I've read that it is balls to the walls hard when compared to the base game. To me, the base game difficulty is good. It's difficult for me but doable. Idk if I could stand to survive anything harder tbh lol

I just don't want to buy the DLC, get stuck on the first enemy for hours and hours and give up, essentially wasting some $$ lol
Let's mosey!

User Info: Unbound-King

Unbound-King
1 month ago#2
It adds the same as most other Soulsborne DLC. New areas, bosses, and weapons.
You'll probably be fine. You can always just go in with a +10 Weapon w/good Blood Gems and get by.
GT: Sho Minamimotto PSN: Azure_Reaper8 3DS: 0662-2616-5710 FGO: 349-336-611
I'm just a scrublord. I prefer casual games.

User Info: ShortReplies

ShortReplies
1 month ago#3
The DLC for Bloodborne is essential, it adds a lot of great weapons and it adds really amazing areas to explore, the boss fights are challenging, more so than the main game, you can beat them within few tries, man up and take the challenge.
If you ever played Dark Souls 3 DLC, this one has similar vibes to it, except its easier, yes DS3 DLC bosses are harder.

So get the DLC and start playing, its worth your time if you like the game.

User Info: Pyaano1

Pyaano1
1 month ago#4
Best DLC I have ever experienced. Just buy it!

User Info: JTKirkhammer

JTKirkhammer
1 month ago#5
Sometimes I just load it up to rewatch the Ludwig and Maria cutscenes. Sometimes I cry along with the orphan after a tough day. I can't seem to leave a corpse well alone.

I might need help... 😳

User Info: Viggs

Viggs
1 month ago#6
ShortReplies posted...
The DLC for Bloodborne is essential, it adds a lot of great weapons and it adds really amazing areas to explore, the boss fights are challenging, more so than the main game, you can beat them within few tries, man up and take the challenge.
If you ever played Dark Souls 3 DLC, this one has similar vibes to it, except its easier, yes DS3 DLC bosses are harder.

So get the DLC and start playing, its worth your time if you like the game.

Pyaano1 posted...
Best DLC I have ever experienced. Just buy it!

Viggs M.D. PGY-1 :D

User Info: Ikorus13

Ikorus13
1 month ago#7
Yes.

Though by the time you arent getting slaughtered by the first enemy you meet, you wont really be a noob anymore.

Player exp goes up faster than character exp at the back end. You'll "git gud" in no time.
FGO NA: Ikorus (055,832,829) - Attendre, Esperer. Have faith in the Gacha, and the Gacha provides. [Caligula is my Spirit Animal]
*Ereshkigal Familia*

User Info: SoullessRaptor

SoullessRaptor
1 month ago#8
Ikorus13 posted...
Yes.

Though by the time you arent getting slaughtered by the first enemy you meet, you wont really be a noob anymore.

Player exp goes up faster than character exp at the back end. You'll "git gud" in no time.
Honestly, I'd say in most Soulslike games, Player exp goes up exponentially compared to character exp.
"You are not alone, and you are not strange. You are you, and everyone has damage. Be the better person"-KS devteam

User Info: LtMeilleur

LtMeilleur
4 weeks ago#9
The DLC is amazing. I like playing it for the new weapons and fighting the last two bosses. Highly recommended.

User Info: Flamonator

Flamonator
4 weeks ago#10
I would buy it but im poor af and a noob, like father gasoline is wrecking my ass, although i havent fought him on my new quality build yet
the courier who had cheated death in goodsprings, cheated death once again -Ron Pearlman
  1. Boards
  2. Bloodborne
  3. DLC worth it for a noob?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A