• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Bloodborne
  3. With how much I've played this game I realize I've never gone past ng+

User Info: quickbeam

quickbeam
1 month ago#1
Gonna jack my 125 up to 150 and go to ng+7, probably gonna ask for help a lot along the way so dust off your small resonant bells!
"A day without friends is like a pot without a single drop of honey left inside." -Winnie the Pooh

User Info: TorvaMessorem

TorvaMessorem
1 month ago#2
You don't need help. I took so many characters to NG+7 and beyond that I lost count. All you need is beast blood pellets. Those are so stupidly OP that I am baffled they never nerfed them.

Here's me doing Ludwig at NG+9

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3iHMkUa7_0
Throw him to the floor.

quickbeam
1 month ago#3
Lol yeah LHB will be my weapon of choice most likely. Running a 50/50 quality build. Ideally I’d like a full blunt set for it. Probably the highest AR in the game.
"A day without friends is like a pot without a single drop of honey left inside." -Winnie the Pooh

User Info: Unbound-King

Unbound-King
1 month ago#4
quickbeam posted...
Lol yeah LHB will be my weapon of choice most likely. Running a 50/50 quality build. Ideally I’d like a full blunt set for it. Probably the highest AR in the game.

Nah. That goes to SHM.
Adept Gems fall a bit short of the mark.
And by a bit, I mean a looooot.

Lulwigs is 200 Base Damage w/0.8 SCs in both Str/Skl.
At 100% AS(99 Str/Skl) you're looking at:
200 BD * 0.8 SC * 1 AS = 160 each for Strength and Skill
160 * 2 = 320 total from scaling
200 + 320 = 520 from a +10 LHB at 99 Str/Skl.
Throw in the regular SHM bulls***; 1.122^3 * 1.27^3 * 1.7 = about 4.912 'cuz of the f***ed up way BB rounds numbers down

And so you have 520 * 4.912 = The AR on the LHB of my first character that I never bother using anymore;
https://i.imgtc.com/K0O4frS.jpg

On NG+ cycles, you've usually picked up everything at least once before. So you can just rush on through without a care in the world. Weaponwise, I'd say roll Gig for Rom and One Reborn and throw in Beast Roar with a corner for hummans like Hoonters, Maria, or Micolash.
LHB kinda falls by the wayside since I only ever use it for one-shotting ads in NG or otherwise stunlocking something like Winterlanterns/Bloodlickers, who are usually skipped anyways when I'm running through on higher cycles.
Saw Cleaver usually ends up being the one-size fits all solution for most of the bulls***.
Especially when it still ends up around 1,768, 1,848 w/paper for AR. The speed and variety of its attack animations/hitboxes coupled with the cancels they allow alongside innate Serration just kinda kills everything you need dead.

The fun part about all this is that 50/50 isn't even particularly far behind 99/99 since the piror is already 85% AS whereas 99 only brings you the last 15%.

So for LHB, arguably the weapon who'll have the biggest difference in AR, you're looking at:
200 * 0.8 * 0.85 = 136 instead of 160
136 * 2 = 272 from Str/Skl scaling
200 + 272 = 472
472 * 4.912 = 2,318, 2,398 w/paper

236 AR difference.
Honestly not too big a loss in power for what amounts to 98 levels.

After a certain point, attack speed and stamina cost become more important factors for your DPS than the actual AR on the weapon is. And even as I say that, DPS isn't really much of an issue either since you can clear all of the NG+6/Depth 5 Layer 4 FRC bosses in under a minute flat with a BL4, bar fights with little obstacles to clear like Micolash's chase and Rom/One Reborn's ads.
When you actually pump damage stats you'll find you can get by just fine even with non-SHM Gems and still finish most fights in reasonably quick times.

Of course, that's just my 2 cents.
I'm just a Scrublord, so I'm not really sure any of this'll carry much weight as far as an opinion goes.
GT: Sho Minamimotto PSN: Azure_Reaper8 3Ds FC: 0662-2616-5710
I prefer casual games. Let's play! [I fear vacuums and the ocean and I'm a Scrublord. I suck!]

quickbeam
1 month ago#5
One thing that I really like lhb for is farming the watchers. That L2 combo is pretty killer and has pretty amazing range, I can keep them stunlocked pretty effectively. Of course for bigger bois I will use saw spear or gig. I always wanted to try tophers hmls thrust build, he insisted that one handed r2 poke combo was insane vs many bosses.

Unbound-King
1 month ago#6
quickbeam posted...
One thing that I really like lhb for is farming the watchers. That L2 combo is pretty killer and has pretty amazing range, I can keep them stunlocked pretty effectively.

How much Skill investment do ya' have, anways?
If it's already 50, then you could probably just one-shot them with BBP Clawmark viscerals.
Though that's just a little something to make the runs faster. Stunlocking with the LHB probably still works fine and might even be a little safer depending.

quickbeam posted...
I always wanted to try tophers hmls thrust build, he insisted that one handed r2 poke combo was insane vs many bosses.

Claymore R2s have never let anyone down in the SB games.
Except maybe in DeS, but eh.
I prefer casual games. Let's play! [I fear vacuums and the ocean and I'm a Scrublord. I suck!]

quickbeam
1 month ago#7
Unbound-King posted...
If it's already 50, then you could probably just one-shot them with BBP Clawmark viscerals.

Yeah I have 50 skill and some decent thrust gems from a previous farming attempt with @Food4orT4ought many moons ago. With bbp yeah I could one shot them easily but I’m low on bbps and don’t want to blow a bunch of insight on more because I’m saving up for a blood rock.

Unbound-King
1 month ago#8
quickbeam posted...
Unbound-King posted...

Yeah I have 50 skill and some decent thrust gems from a previous farming attempt with @Food4orT4ought many moons ago. With bbp yeah I could one shot them easily but I’m low on bbps and don’t want to blow a bunch of insight on more because I’m saving up for a blood rock.

If I remember right, there's a glitch with the Threaded Cane where its tricked form gave like a 1.2 multiplier to visceral damage that stacked on top of everything else.
That, outfitted with Thrust Gems and 3x Clawmark can probably one-shot Watchers even without BBPs.

I'd say give it a shot if you feel like it.

quickbeam
1 month ago#9
Yeah I’ll try that. Definitely have some solid sets for my weapons but definitely not perfect. Still need a perfect thrust set and a perfect blunt set. Tons of usable heavy abyssals though thank god.

User Info: KDTProjekt

KDTProjekt
1 month ago#10
NG+6 is max ;)
"Gamefaqs is just a random rants generator" - Westcurry
  1. Boards
  2. Bloodborne
  3. With how much I've played this game I realize I've never gone past ng+
  • Topic Archived