• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Bloodborne
  3. Which FS game has best pvp currently?

User Info: KDTProjekt

KDTProjekt
1 month ago#11
BlackChocoboSox posted...
Too bad forest pvp is ruined by gankers, otherwise id be doing it.

Ruined, or improved? That's the point of the Forest. A guaranteed gank/get ganked situation, where spawn points can't be maniuplated, so 1v2, 1v3, 2v2, 2v3, or 3v3 can be more easily accomplished, without ******try that is spawn TWOP. Why the f*** would you go to the forest and expect a solo host, or an "honerabu duel"?

Foxhound3857 posted...
I don't think it's quite as simple as "(s)he who plays more passively wins."

Naw. That's exactly what it is.
"Gamefaqs is just a random rants generator" - Westcurry

User Info: Roso

Roso
1 month ago#12
Sekiro, but the PvP is on the forums.
'We piss anywhere, man.'

User Info: the_bats17

the_bats17
1 month ago#13
Foxhound3857 posted...
Dark Souls 3 has the best PvP imo, with how fluid and responsive the controls are, and how good the netcode usually is.

Dark Souls 2 is the worst. No build variety, everybody does the same powerstanced dual weapon bulls*** that pretty much wipes you out in one combo, and the movement and combat is very clunky and floaty. Also, SM is horrible.

Bloodborne has okay PvP imo, but it's hard to find players who want to duel without the use of Blood Vials. I personally consider it just as bad as Estus for the purposes of a 1v1 matchup. And twinks/veteran characters tend to do absolutely monstrous damage because of the quality of their gems.

Bloodborne's pvp is a hundred to a hundred and fifty times better when it's played how it's supposed to be with blood vials. I don't even consider it a fight without them. Unless you're going gemless of course.
Next time be a Hero by remembering you're not.

User Info: brestugo

brestugo
1 month ago#14
Roso posted...
Sekiro, but the PvP is on the forums.

+1
git gud

User Info: fallin4

fallin4
1 month ago#15
KDTProjekt posted...
BlackChocoboSox posted...
Too bad forest pvp is ruined by gankers, otherwise id be doing it.

Ruined, or improved? That's the point of the Forest. A guaranteed gank/get ganked situation, where spawn points can't be maniuplated, so 1v2, 1v3, 2v2, 2v3, or 3v3 can be more easily accomplished, without ******try that is spawn TWOP. Why the f*** would you go to the forest and expect a solo host, or an "honerabu duel"?

Foxhound3857 posted...
I don't think it's quite as simple as "(s)he who plays more passively wins."

Naw. That's exactly what it is.

In BB that’s not true.

But in DS3 that’s very true. You just maintain spacing and press R1 when they R1 on reaction. Such passive garbage.
I'm in love with the CoCo.
FC: 4313-2087-5846 | List: http://goo.gl/IXemRD

User Info: peanutbutterxx

peanutbutterxx
1 month ago#16
Dks2 had animation cancels which allows for attack feints. That combined with delaying attack animations gave options for mind games. For example:

You go to do a running r1. It can either come out normally or cancelled into a roll. Your opponent has to predict which. React and try to parry or roll away, both of which can be punished. Or, they can call the feint and decide to parry or trade. And if they do decide to parry you, they need to decide whether you'll let the attack come out immediately or delay it. Then you can throw roll backstabs into the mix.

Then theres your regular feints where you're just standing in their face. The occasional feint keeps your opponent on edge. Never sure what you're going to do, messing up their rhythm. Some players will reactively try to roll behind you so you can just press r1 and punish it. Sometimes when I see a parry weapon I'll walk right up to them and throw out a feint just to expose their obvious gameplan. I wont punish it. I just want them to see how dumb I know they are. Psyche them out a little bit.

Too bad the game is all but dead.
https://imgur.com/VzvvyrG

User Info: NStarshine

NStarshine
1 month ago#17
I had the best time in PvP with Dark Souls 2 by a large margin, though I haven't been able to do much PvP in Bloodborne yet. I only started playing a couple weeks ago, and I was a bit upset over the lack of respec, so I decided I'd make a character without a level limit and just do a different build with every new NG cycle, so I'm basically just pumping everything to 50. Currently got everything except Bloodtinge at 50, but I'd probably have to make a new character for Pvp.

Dark Souls 3 PvP was easily the worst for me.

User Info: TobyVonToby

TobyVonToby
1 month ago#18
Not a from game, but I miss the days when Nioh's skill PvP was active.

User Info: phrett

phrett
1 month ago#19
Lord_Wombat posted...
DkS2 is tops for FromSoft PvP imo.

same
No such thing as strong beer... only weak men.

User Info: JetJenkins

JetJenkins
1 month ago#20
phrett posted...
Lord_Wombat posted...
DkS2 is tops for FromSoft PvP imo.

same
"My carriage is being prepared, I will be there at dusk; the adherents of the wheel will suffer" - the Queen's Fool
  1. Boards
  2. Bloodborne
  3. Which FS game has best pvp currently?
  • Topic Archived