• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Bloodborne
  3. FINALLY Bought This Game........

User Info: Tris10

Tris10
1 month ago#1
Never played a Souls Game or anything From Software related.
Always heard this is the "game of the generation" etc. Had it in my mental backlog but took the dip since it's in the sale.

Wow, people weren't joking when they said this was unforgivingly hard.......
Well to me anyway. Literally got to the first check point and can't get any further.
The game itself is great, the phrase "when you die it's your fault and nobody else's" definitely rings true.
My only problem is that I work 60 hours a week with other hobbies and have other games in the backlog. And not making much progress in a 2/3 hour sitting frustrated me know end because it almost feels like wasted time. But at the same time I dont want a game I can just roll over.
Last night I rage quitted the game after dying like 10/15 times. But theres something that keeps pulling at me to give it another shot. I even dreamed about playing the f***ing thing lol. I've looked at a few beginners guide vids and I'll apply myself.
Anybody else massively struggle at the beginning and nearly give up only to make the game their b**** eventually? I'm looking for an inspirational story/motivation.

Or maybe I'm simply just not "gud" enough......
It drops deep as it does in my breath/
I never sleep, cus sleep is the cousin of death.....

User Info: marebito

marebito
1 month ago#2
just enjoy the best game ever made....
eat the rich

User Info: Dethuli

Dethuli
1 month ago#3
I struggled more than I thought I would but I never gave up, because I know that once you cross the hurdle of difficulty in a Souls game its smooth sailing.
Got a minute? You might learn something.

User Info: peanutbutterxx

peanutbutterxx
1 month ago#4
Struggling is a right of passage for beginners in these games. If you stick with it everything will eventually click and you'll have a much easier time. Give the game at least 20 hours before you throw in the towel.
https://imgur.com/VzvvyrG

User Info: juicebox4

juicebox4
1 month ago#5
peanutbutterxx posted...
Struggling is a right of passage for beginners in these games. If you stick with it everything will eventually click and you'll have a much easier time. Give the game at least 20 hours before you throw in the towel.

this

one of the best games ever

now SEKIRO is unforgiving hard..
*Ding dong, bing bong*
GABBA GABBA HEY

User Info: Beutlin

Beutlin
1 month ago#6
Tris10 posted...
Anybody else massively struggle at the beginning and nearly give up only to make the game their b**** eventually?

Oh yes, Sir!

Thousands of players have made exactly this experience. I think there are two milestones: one is the feeling for the combat mechanics that will click with you soon (your cerebellum will fall in love with it deeply), the other is a better understanding of weapons, enemies, items and environments. Use the Wiki, it´s brilliant.

User Info: Tbar67

Tbar67
1 month ago#7
Out of all of From’s souls like games. This one probably has the hardest start out of all of them. I still occasionally die from time to time, when starting a new character. It’ll get easier when you get most of the game mechanics down, and get out of that initial huge crowd of enemies.
Colonel- "Hurry Raiden! The president needs you, I think."

User Info: fuzzy_Wabbit

fuzzy_Wabbit
1 month ago#8
Level health fast btw @tc, having more hp for more survivability will help you tremendously. You'll start to be able to take a few hits without dieing instantly, and it'll help you to get better at the game, if it's harder for the game to kill you.
I know you didn't ask for advice, but here ya go!
Avoid the executioner in the corner, and ignore the werewolves on the bridge. They are way too difficult to deal with at low levels, to the extent where even people who have done 7+runs of the game still have difficulty when starting a new character.
Those brick trolls? Practice your parries with them. You'll find it easier to do on other enemies when you understand how the mechanic for it works. Don't be afraid to take a hit for a parry, quickly press ^ +O, get close to their bellies, and let it rip. (R1).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ

User Info: HipHopBeats

HipHopBeats
1 month ago#9
Yes this s*** is hot!

I don't know why I waited so long to play. I never imagined myself enjoying a Soulsborne game but there's something so satisfying about figuring s*** out on your own.
Who gives a f*** if you lose? Who gives a f*** if you fail? Every time you fail at something you're getting better. You're LEARNING what NOT to do. - mninp

User Info: HipHopBeats

HipHopBeats
1 month ago#10
fuzzy_Wabbit posted...
Level health fast btw @tc, having more hp for more survivability will help you tremendously. You'll start to be able to take a few hits without dieing instantly, and it'll help you to get better at the game, if it's harder for the game to kill you.
I know you didn't ask for advice, but here ya go!
Avoid the executioner in the corner, and ignore the werewolves on the bridge. They are way too difficult to deal with at low levels, to the extent where even people who have done 7+runs of the game still have difficulty when starting a new character.
Those brick trolls? Practice your parries with them. You'll find it easier to do on other enemies when you understand how the mechanic for it works. Don't be afraid to take a hit for a parry, quickly press ^ +O, get close to their bellies, and let it rip. (R1).

How do you level up? I brought some new gear and fortified my weapon but no way to level up.

I'm guessing it has something to do with that doll lady in Hunter's Dream but I can't activate her yet.
Who gives a f*** if you lose? Who gives a f*** if you fail? Every time you fail at something you're getting better. You're LEARNING what NOT to do. - mninp
  1. Boards
  2. Bloodborne
  3. FINALLY Bought This Game........
  • Topic Archived