• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Bloodborne
  3. After Platinum

User Info: andyp3500

andyp3500
1 month ago#1
So I just got my Platinum! Its been an emotional journey! A few questions about things still left to do.

I never finished the lower lauren chalice. I gave up trying to defeat the Loran Darkbeast, this is by far the hardest thing I have come across in the game. Do I get anything for beating it and finishing that dungeon other than the sense of achievement.

Same questions for the Great Isz Chalice, I haven't even created that one yet as it wasn't required for the platinum.

Which of the root chalices are general the best. I haven't done any root ones yet as I was focusing on the 'fixed' ones to get the platinum.

Im currently torn between playing the mains game again (I did it twice 'properly' my third time I rushed through in a couple of hours just to get the last ending, and I only played the DLC section/bosses on my first play through. I'm torn between that and playing some root chalice dungeons but im not really sure if there's any more to get out of them. In terms of enjoyment I much prefer the main game to the chalice dungeons, they started to feel a bit like a chore by the end, are the root chalices just more of the same?

User Info: ReiderAsmadi

ReiderAsmadi
1 month ago#2
Clearing Lower Loran chalice nets you the Lower Loran Root Chalice. You only really need the sinister lower loran chalice if you wanna go diving into other loran dungeons though.

Same answer for Isz though you'll need to fight Ebrietas at the bottom of that one.

Root chalices are generally just there to farm for blood gems to boost your weapon damage and easy echoes if you need those. If you're looking for that sort of thing, you'll need to create a depth 5 root chalice with the fetid, rotted and cursed rites and then you can hop into pretty much any of them from there.

Otherwise, no, they're just kind of an extra thing.
PSN: OverlordReider
Ambition is just a weak excuse for not having the sense to be lazy.

User Info: jason2678

jason2678
1 month ago#3
You'll get the Lower Loran Root Chalice for beating Dickbeast.

Same deal with Isz, if you don't need ritual materials from it, the only thing to get is the Great Isz Root.

Used to be, the only root chalices worth messing with were depth 5, specifically depth 5 foetid, rotted, cursed roots. That's where all the top tier gems and runes are found. However, they're full of roaming bosses and nasty enemies. In general they're kind of horrible places to wander unless you're just really into dungeon diving, or want to have all the best gear in the game.

The modded chalice glyphs that can speed up that process and not require the depth 5 roots. Read up in the sticky threads of you're curious. I wouldn't recommend them if this is your first character, but it's up to you.

User Info: doki-doki-panic

doki-doki-panic
1 month ago#4
andyp3500 posted...
So I just got my Platinum! Its been an emotional journey! A few questions about things still left to do.

I never finished the lower lauren chalice. I gave up trying to defeat the Loran Darkbeast, this is by far the hardest thing I have come across in the game. Do I get anything for beating it and finishing that dungeon other than the sense of achievement.

Same questions for the Great Isz Chalice, I haven't even created that one yet as it wasn't required for the platinum.

Which of the root chalices are general the best. I haven't done any root ones yet as I was focusing on the 'fixed' ones to get the platinum.

Im currently torn between playing the mains game again (I did it twice 'properly' my third time I rushed through in a couple of hours just to get the last ending, and I only played the DLC section/bosses on my first play through. I'm torn between that and playing some root chalice dungeons but im not really sure if there's any more to get out of them. In terms of enjoyment I much prefer the main game to the chalice dungeons, they started to feel a bit like a chore by the end, are the root chalices just more of the same?

I did all the chalice dungeons and platinum’d this game like it was nothing. Easy as pie. Not sure why 95% struggle with such easy games. I’m dominating the DLC right now until spider-man comes in that I paid $25 for. I paid $8 for this game and $12 for the DLC. Not bad for $20 .

andyp3500
1 month ago#5
Thanks for the replies. I think I’m actually going to take a break and play something a bit lighter (Spyro Trilogy!) and then go back in a week or 2 and try and finish off the chalice dungeons I’m yet to do.

andyp3500
1 month ago#6
doki-doki-panic posted...
andyp3500 posted...

I did all the chalice dungeons and platinum’d this game like it was nothing. Easy as pie. Not sure why 95% struggle with such easy games. I’m dominating the DLC right now until spider-man comes in that I paid $25 for. I paid $8 for this game and $12 for the DLC. Not bad for $20 .

Did you have anything to add to the discssion or answers to the questions I asked. Or did you just come here to brag about how good you are and how much you paid?

User Info: enkidu52

enkidu52
4 weeks ago#7
andyp3500 posted...
Thanks for the replies. I think I’m actually going to take a break and play something a bit lighter (Spyro Trilogy!) and then go back in a week or 2 and try and finish off the chalice dungeons I’m yet to do.

Spyro is the first gaming series I ever got into, the remaster looks awesome somehow though I can’t get excited to play the games again

Honestly though there are so many awesome games I haven’t played coming out these days I’m not sure I need to go back to Spyro, even if the originals were important games for me

Props for not save scumming the endings for the platinum that’s legit

I stopped playing for a while after I got the platinum, you come back to it

You never really escape the dream you know

andyp3500
4 weeks ago#8
enkidu52 posted...
andyp3500 posted...

Spyro is the first gaming series I ever got into, the remaster looks awesome somehow though I can’t get excited to play the games again

Honestly though there are so many awesome games I haven’t played coming out these days I’m not sure I need to go back to Spyro, even if the originals were important games for me

Props for not save scumming the endings for the platinum that’s legit

I stopped playing for a while after I got the platinum, you come back to it

You never really escape the dream you know

I don’t have PS Plus so I couldn’t do the save upload truck even if I wanted to. But I don’t think I would have anyway it would have felt like cheating. Besides I really enjoyed the subsequent play throughs. It’s surprising how quickly you can finish the main story, for play number 3 to get the last ending I didn’t stop at all I literally just ran to and beat each boss, it only took a few hours.

User Info: doki-doki-panic

doki-doki-panic
4 weeks ago#9
You don't need PS plus to save the games on to a USB stick before fighting the final boss.
  1. Boards
  2. Bloodborne
  3. After Platinum
  • Topic Archived