• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Bloodborne
  3. I picked this game up for $10 recently.....and dominated it

User Info: ChowYunFatt

ChowYunFatt
1 month ago#1
....and got the 100% platinum trophy like it was nothing. Why do only 5% have it? Why were the bosses in the chalice dungeons so easy? Why was it so easy to get every chalice? Why were the bosses in the main game so easy? I travel 50% of the time for work and very busy and I STILL managed to s*** all over this game, and in very quick time...and I did it in offline mode with no help. I’d hate to have to go online and go into PVP and s*** on players who spent their lives getting the highest damage blood gems for their weapons by farming bosses over and over 200+ times. Not impressed. These soul games are a joke in terms of difficulty. Great map layout and boss mechanics, but the patterns are so easy to counter. Reminds me of how easy it was beating the valkyries in god of war and getting 100% in that game.

This isn’t an elitist or brag post, just telling it how it is. If you guys are looking for a challenge and haven’t played this, it will not be much of a challenge. Very easy game. I could s*** all over the DLC and NG+ but its time to play this spider-man game everyone is creaming their pants over.

I don’t need to get every weapon to 10 in order to feel like I dominated this game. Got my $10 worth and that’s that.
Not as good as some, but far better than most.

User Info: KDTProjekt

KDTProjekt
1 month ago#2
ChowYunFatt posted...
Why do only 5% have it

Less than 50% of players got beyond Central Yharnam....

ChowYunFatt posted...
These soul games are a joke in terms of difficulty.

The difficulty is definitely overblown, used as a marketing ploy, and propelled into the splotlight as the originals in the franchise came out amidst the time games held your hand, tried to ensure you never died, and the concept of a fail-state was foreign to most gamers. Fundamentally, a Souls game is just an easier NES game: a glorified game of DDR or Simon. If you have any sense of spacial recognition, can memorize more than 5 items in sequence, and have the rhythm of a polio victim, you can dominate them.
"Gamefaqs is just a random rants generator" - Westcurry

User Info: doki-doki-panic

doki-doki-panic
1 month ago#3
KDTProjekt posted...
ChowYunFatt posted...
Why do only 5% have it

Less than 50% of players got beyond Central Yharnam....

ChowYunFatt posted...
These soul games are a joke in terms of difficulty.

The difficulty is definitely overblown, used as a marketing ploy, and propelled into the splotlight as the originals in the franchise came out amidst the time games held your hand, tried to ensure you never died, and the concept of a fail-state was foreign to most gamers. Fundamentally, a Souls game is just an easier NES game: a glorified game of DDR or Simon. If you have any sense of spacial recognition, can memorize more than 5 items in sequence, and have the rhythm of a polio victim, you can dominate them.

Yep, not sure why anyone would have trouble getting past Central Yharnam. I didn't find this game enjoyable enough to 100% it.

User Info: KDTProjekt

KDTProjekt
1 month ago#4
doki-doki-panic posted...
I didn't find this game enjoyable enough to 100% it.

Platinum is a 10 hour venture. Can be accomplished in an afternoon.
"Gamefaqs is just a random rants generator" - Westcurry

User Info: marebito

marebito
1 month ago#5
take a cookie
eat the rich

User Info: Denizen_Of_Dark

Denizen_Of_Dark
1 month ago#6
If u like action games n play em a lot, this game is easy to get into. N it's platinum ain't a tedious grind either.

But since it's a FROM game i assume most players r casual rpg players who prolly turtled behind shields a lot... Types o players that never learned to parry in souls games or relied on overleveled co-op buddies.

As far as difficulty, this is def tha hardest soulsborne since it's more action n u can't turtle up. But souls games(actual souls) difficulty was always overblown. Once u understand em, souls is easy. Bloodborne demands u get some skill, but there's still some cheap ways to make s*** a lil easier
Official GRAVITY of gamefaqs Dark Souls boards.
I believe I, too, have pooped your pants --- R1 Masher
(message deleted)

User Info: marebito

marebito
1 month ago#8
ChowYunFatt posted...
....and got the 100% platinum trophy like it was nothing. Why do only 5% have it? Why were the bosses in the chalice dungeons so easy? Why was it so easy to get every chalice? Why were the bosses in the main game so easy? I travel 50% of the time for work and very busy and I STILL managed to s*** all over this game, and in very quick time...and I did it in offline mode with no help. I’d hate to have to go online and go into PVP and s*** on players who spent their lives getting the highest damage blood gems for their weapons by farming bosses over and over 200+ times. Not impressed. These soul games are a joke in terms of difficulty. Great map layout and boss mechanics, but the patterns are so easy to counter. Reminds me of how easy it was beating the valkyries in god of war and getting 100% in that game.

This isn’t an elitist or brag post, just telling it how it is. If you guys are looking for a challenge and haven’t played this, it will not be much of a challenge. Very easy game. I could s*** all over the DLC and NG+ but its time to play this spider-man game everyone is creaming their pants over.

I don’t need to get every weapon to 10 in order to feel like I dominated this game. Got my $10 worth and that’s that.

have you ever played bloodborne?????hahahahahaha
eat the rich

User Info: Dethuli

Dethuli
1 month ago#9
marebito posted...
ChowYunFatt posted...

have you ever played bloodborne?????hahahahahaha

Have you?
Got a minute? You might learn something.

User Info: Denizen_Of_Dark

Denizen_Of_Dark
1 month ago#10
These games ain't exactly ninja gaiden black lol
Official GRAVITY of gamefaqs Dark Souls boards.
I believe I, too, have pooped your pants --- R1 Masher
  1. Boards
  2. Bloodborne
  3. I picked this game up for $10 recently.....and dominated it
  • Topic Archived