• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Bloodborne
  3. How is the platinum for this game (offline only)?

User Info: GenericGuy

GenericGuy
3 months ago#1
So I'm a bit OCD when it comes to trophies in games. Once I start a game, I can't put it down until I plat it. It's a bad habit but one I can't break out of.

That said, I'm considering buying this. I've played DS1 and DS2 and while the former was easy to platinum and didn't require any tedious grinding, DS2 was absolute hell. I don't play online at all so farming those Sunlight Medals was absolutely miserable.

My question is, does the platinum for this game require any intensive grinding if I plan on solely playing offline or is it fairly minimal?

Side question: I hear DS3 is even more grindy than DS2 for the offline plat. Is this true?
Katalina is dead.
(Un)Official Ganondorf of the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Message Board.

User Info: fuzzy_Wabbit

fuzzy_Wabbit
3 months ago#2
Quite easy, actually.
Only real farming is in chalice mats, which can be a touch tricky without +. But that's one trophie, so...
Just go out and kill a few beasts. It's for your own good.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ

User Info: KDTProjekt

KDTProjekt
3 months ago#3
Easiest Plat in the genre. If it's your only goal, even as an intermediate player, it likely won't take more than 25 hours, with most of that coming through natural play and forward progression.

As for DkS 3, it's about on par with DkS 2 farm/grind wise, although in DkS 3 you don't have to do s*** like join a covenant to prevent enemies from despawning to get covenant items. Iirc, DkS 2 only requires farming one set of covenant items, and killing Mad Warrior a bunch of times for plat. DkS 3 requires farming 4 or 5. Although the drop rates in 3 tend to be a bit better, it's still time consuming as f***.
"Gamefaqs is just a random rants generator" - Westcurry

GenericGuy
3 months ago#4
Nice to know that Bloodborne's grinding is minimal. I've always wanted to try this game so this is great news!

Shame about DS3 though. I mean, I'll still play it eventually, but I think I need a break after all that farming in DS2. Good to know the drop rates are apparently better. They are atrocious in DS2.
Katalina is dead.

User Info: MakotoYuri

MakotoYuri
3 months ago#5
beat all bosses and you basically have it, hardest part is probably is beating Queen Yharnam cause you need to go through all the Chalice Dungeon with the defiled Amygdala.
If you obey Lucifer and are 100% proud of it, copy this and make it your signature! RPGs Beaten: 666

User Info: owenmatthew

owenmatthew
3 months ago#6
BB is the easiest in all Soulsborn. It’s an excellent game, get it with confidence!
a rose by any other name would smell as sweet

GenericGuy
3 months ago#7
owenmatthew posted...
BB is the easiest in all Soulsborn. It’s an excellent game, get it with confidence!

It will definitely be my next game. Just gotta finish getting the platinum for Shadow of the Colossus and then I'll dive straight into this. I'm excited!
Katalina is dead.

User Info: Blak4xis

Blak4xis
3 months ago#8
GenericGuy posted...
owenmatthew posted...

It will definitely be my next game. Just gotta finish getting the platinum for Shadow of the Colossus and then I'll dive straight into this. I'm excited!

You're in for a treat! I love all the Dark Souls (with the exception of 2. It's like love-hate right now), but Bloodborne is an absolute gem. I will say though, Chalice dungeons are a loads of fun to do co-op. That said, play this in the dark and with headphones and you are in for a damn good time.
So fresh and clean.
PSN: reixes

User Info: Rokkijani

Rokkijani
3 months ago#9
fuzzy_Wabbit posted...
Quite easy, actually.
Only real farming is in chalice mats, which can be a touch tricky without +. But that's one trophie, so...

Mats tricky without ps plus? Why? Just progress in the chalices and collect materials as you go. No need to farm.
Psn: rokkijani
''Even a fat naked rolling guy is God's beautiful creation so bow to him after his death.''

User Info: fuzzy_Wabbit

fuzzy_Wabbit
3 months ago#10
Rokkijani posted...
fuzzy_Wabbit posted...
Quite easy, actually.

Mats tricky without ps plus? Why? Just progress in the chalices and collect materials as you go. No need to farm.

Except for: ritual blood 3, tomb mold 3, arcane haze, and ritual blood 5/tomb mold 5.
If I recall, from just progressing normally, you'll inevitably have to farm bagmen and rats for these things, no matter how careful you are to collect.
Could be wrong thougg, sorta been a while since I went through legitimately.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ
  1. Boards
  2. Bloodborne
  3. How is the platinum for this game (offline only)?
  • Topic Archived