• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Bloodborne
  3. So this game was tough back in the day but....

User Info: the_bats17

the_bats17
3 months ago#1
I've been getting back into DS3 hoping to finally finish it and for me it's way harder. Especially the Ringed City. I'm having a hell of a time. I still think BB is the superior game but I'm kinda loving DS again.
Next time be a Hero by remembering you're not.

User Info: brestugo

brestugo
3 months ago#2
I bought the DLC for DkS3 but after finishing the main game I just didn't have it in me to pick it up again. I'll get to it eventually.
"Everything in the game is designed to kill you." - Hidetaka Miyazaki

User Info: ReiderAsmadi

ReiderAsmadi
3 months ago#3
Ringed City felt to me like they just inflated the boss's health more than usual.

I've got really mixed feelings on DkS3 as a whole though. I don't think it's a bad game but I just couldn't find much enjoyment in playing it.
PSN: OverlordReider
Ambition is just a weak excuse for not having the sense to be lazy.

User Info: fuzzy_Wabbit

fuzzy_Wabbit
3 months ago#4
ReiderAsmadi posted...
Ringed City felt to me like they just inflated the boss's health more than usual.

I've got really mixed feelings on DkS3 as a whole though. I don't think it's a bad game but I just couldn't find much enjoyment in playing it.

Midir and Gael were fun fights, but honestly, the rest of the game is subpar at best.
I'm playing it for the purpose of pvp, and literally only for PvP. The main game is meh, I couldn't even put my finger on a favorite boss, since I didn't enjoy any of them. Abyss watchers get an honorable mention, but not for the fight, for the cutscene's.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ

User Info: maeve2

maeve2
3 months ago#5
To me DS3 is the easiest of all. Run past all blind and lazi enemies right to the boss. If anything, there is a bonfire around every corner. All bosses, save Midir, are the same in terms of fighting, they only have different patterns of attacks.

NG+ has zero replayability. (BB is the same in this regard but it can offer you chalice dungeons.)

User Info: madeaccount4dis

madeaccount4dis
3 months ago#6
DS3's issue is that enemies have the mobility/aggressiveness of bloodborne enemies but you're stuck with the slowness of chosen undead. Rolling like a moron doesn't work anymore, not with that stamina cost.

Have fun balancing a pure mage build. Less HP, stamina, estus flasks, and damage. Yay.

User Info: maeve2

maeve2
3 months ago#7
The chosen undead is as fast as the enemy who are not even close to BB's in terms of mobility. Aggressiveness? Where? They have a 2-meter long aggro at best. Rolling costs almost nothing, you can happily roll through to everything. I wish DS3 could provide us with anything hard but unfortunately...it's still the easiest Souls game ever.

User Info: KINGR1P

KINGR1P
3 months ago#8
madeaccount4dis posted...
DS3's issue is that enemies have the mobility/aggressiveness of bloodborne enemies but you're stuck with the slowness of chosen undead. Rolling like a moron doesn't work anymore, not with that stamina cost.

Have fun balancing a pure mage build. Less HP, stamina, estus flasks, and damage. Yay.

Oh cmon its not that hard making a mage. I did it easily.

User Info: KDTProjekt

KDTProjekt
3 months ago#9
Individual mobs and encounters are typically harder in dks3. Doesn't have much to.do with their speed: you run faster in dks3 and have more iframes than Bloodborne. It's more to do with auto-tracking. Enemies in Bloodborne commit to an attack and swing in a deliberate direction. Enemies in DkS3 will spin at the speed of light and have magnets attached to their weapons. That said, there's typically a bonfire after every second enemy, so you never lose much, if any, progress.
"Gamefaqs is just a random rants generator" - Westcurry

User Info: madeaccount4dis

madeaccount4dis
3 months ago#10
The speed comment was mostly referring to Demon Prince (or DLC bosses in general), that fight gave me PTSD and I can't remember much else from DS3.
Although, for mobs, Giant Enemy Crab and Sulyvahn Beast were ridiculous. Maybe great clubs or whatever stunlock them easily, but like I said, mage build. (sorcery)

Can't remember much about rolling stamina consumption, might have mixed it up with DS2, but I definitely remember not being able to mash that O as much as I could in BB.
  1. Boards
  2. Bloodborne
  3. So this game was tough back in the day but....
  • Topic Archived