• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Bloodborne
  3. I dont think this game was ever fully appreciated

User Info: slugbait

slugbait
1 year ago#11
8SaintWanderer posted...
Be sure to check out Nioh is you like Bloodborne.

8SaintWanderer posted...

I really wanted to like it, but it wasn't possible. I couldn't get into the physics that felt like characters made out of Kleenex and toothpicks, or the graphics that were a gen behind Bloodbourne and the ridiculously over complicated controls.

User Info: 8SaintWanderer

8SaintWanderer
1 year ago#12
slugbait posted...
8SaintWanderer posted...

8SaintWanderer posted...

I really wanted to like it, but it wasn't possible. I couldn't get into the physics that felt like characters made out of Kleenex and toothpicks, or the graphics that were a gen behind Bloodbourne and the ridiculously over complicated controls.

I definitely prefer Bloodborne over Nioh, but as far as Souls clones go Nioh is the best Souls-clone of them all. I like the stance switching in Nioh but I agree with your other points more so. I was merely mentioning Nioh just in case anyone here has played Bloodborne and wishes to embark on another Souls-like challenge.
https://hooktube.com/watch?v=0ndn7epnWSA https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9b3O0A2kpwo https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqXkdbGRNNU

User Info: DickieGaloot

DickieGaloot
1 year ago#13
slugbait posted...
8SaintWanderer posted...

8SaintWanderer posted...

The controls weren't that complicated. Then again, I grew up playing DMC and Ninja Gaiden, so I'm used to games that requires you to git gud with advanced controls. I will argue that Nioh has better frame rates than most, if not all, of the Soulsborne games, BB included. For me, frame rates >> graphics.

User Info: kira09

kira09
1 year ago#14
It’s always been and always will be a mastepiece for me.

Got the platinum since launch and i don’t regret a second of the 300+ hours i’ve spent on it.

User Info: Denizen_Of_Dark

Denizen_Of_Dark
1 year ago#15
Yea I agree tc, a lotta ppl love this game n think its cool, but it is a legit master piece. Themes all woven together in gameplay... one of a very small few, if not tha only, games to rly feel Lovecraft.

Too many ppl sleep on games cuz they look at it from a perspective of a game. Some games r straight up art. This game is art.
Official GRAVITY of gamefaqs Dark Souls boards.
I believe I, too, have pooped your pants --- R1 Masher

User Info: nativeboi85

nativeboi85
1 year ago#16
I also gave NIOH a try, while i like it for what its worth something was still very off about the game and ultimately i didnt get to far into it.
gofundme.com/rqsbj8 lets raise that fleek for the ultimate boss video

User Info: slugbait

slugbait
1 year ago#17
nativeboi85 posted...
I also gave NIOH a try, while i like it for what its worth something was still very off about the game and ultimately i didnt get to far into it.

Some folks love it, and I wish I knew what I am missing. Maybe it's because my TV is getting old (8 year old 46" visio that needs to have its power supply capacitors replaced)
  1. Boards
  2. Bloodborne
  3. I dont think this game was ever fully appreciated
  • Topic Archived