• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Bloodborne
  3. Burial Blade build advice

User Info: Lost_Dome

Lost_Dome
4 years ago#1
So, I haven't played Bloodborne in a few months, but I'm looking to play again pretty soon. I want to make a Burial Blade build, but I can't remember what to build it as. If I remember correctly, the arcane scaling on it is a joke, so probably just skill? What gems and such? Any other advice would be appreciated as well.
XBL GT- Lost Dome
PSN- Lost_Dome

User Info: KDTProjekt

KDTProjekt
4 years ago#2
50/20/25/50/-/-

3x27.2%
"Gamefaqs is just a random rants generator" - Westcurry

User Info: Great_Khan

Great_Khan
4 years ago#3
The arc scaling is basically just to use hunter tools. 50 skill is essential but otherwise it's all down to level cap. Gemwise physical all the way I think, if you had base str and 50 skill 50 arc MAYBE all attack up might beat it but 20% on 95 arc isn't going to beat out on 27% on your skill+tiny str scaling unless you hate farming watchers for whatever reason. If you're not farming chalices physical is gonna slaughter all up any day

User Info: madcat168

madcat168
4 years ago#4
50 skill and 25 strength is more effective for Burial Blade IMO. The arc as you've mentioned is a joke.
FC: 1994-0836-8736 IGN: Ambroz
PSN: sean_otoole

User Info: sirhett

sirhett
4 years ago#5
10/50 with Tempering 27.2's(2) and one tempering abysal the AR is like 620 or something like that. That's my preference anyway. I like to use 30 endurance for it personally. But 25/50 is nice too. Either way will work very well.

User Info: X-PICU-X

X-PICU-X
4 years ago#6
madcat168 posted...
50 skill and 25 strength is more effective for Burial Blade IMO. The arc as you've mentioned is a joke.

why 25 str if its a skill weapon?
PSN: X-PICU-X
"life is simple... just take choices & never look back"

User Info: billygoten

billygoten
4 years ago#7
It gets strength too, just at a worse rate than skill. Given how poorly skill will scale after 50, and those big gem bonuses, I'm thinking throwing some points at strength will go further than leveling skill anymore.

Arcane actually scales better than strength too, but it has much lower base AR in Arcane and it won't be helped by those physical gems, obviously.

Course, you can always leave it if you have a level cap in mind.
---The defib is a more useful weapon at range than either T1 shotty. - kenmorr23---

User Info: KDTProjekt

KDTProjekt
4 years ago#8
X-PICU-X posted...
madcat168 posted...

why 25 str if its a skill weapon?

The AR you gain going from 10-25 in STR is the same per-point value you gain going from 26 to 50 in skill. From a PvP perspective, the Arc is a joke. It only has 60 base ARC and by the time you hit 50, you have a total of 95 Arc AR. With Nourishing gems, you get 174% AR, whilst sacrificing about 15% of the physical damage output, meaning you're only winding up with ~165 Arc AR. Due to how split damage works, and how ALL damage goes through a players Phys Def stat, the average player in the BL 100-150 will be mitigating close to 80% of that Arc AR before it even passes through the % reduction granted by Armor. Whereas if you focus more on Physical AR, it ultimately hits a threshold where the AR will translate into a 1:1 gain in damage output. You could push it even higher by goiong 50/25 Str/Skill and using a Heavy Abyssal gem, but IMO, the visceral damage is more valuable than a marginal increase in Phys AR.

In PvE, against non-Hunter enemies, an Arc/Nourishing setup will wind up being generally superior, because defenses against non-Hunter enemies functions differently.
"Gamefaqs is just a random rants generator" - Westcurry

User Info: Edge_of_Ada

Edge_of_Ada
4 years ago#9
Low level flat arcane is amazing because you get the flat boost you can't get from scaling plus some phys damage boost.I'm running 30/ 11 strength 26 skill and it's great.
I'm sure that it's apparent that I'm not that smart
Worthless and embarrassed by my dumb remarks
  1. Boards
  2. Bloodborne
  3. Burial Blade build advice
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A