• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Bloodborne
  3. Hit a wall/ difficulty spike (late game spoilers)

User Info: ShinRyo

ShinRyo
2 years ago#1
After getting over the initial hump of Central Yharnam and taking some time to figure the basics of the game out and beating Cleric Beast and Father Gas, the game was a pretty smooth ride from there on out. Still pretty damn hard, but with a decent progression when it comes to difficulty and my own skill, levels and equipment.

But it started to change when I entered Yahargul (via the main story, not Hypogean Gaol) which I found pretty tough already. I ran through much the level and managed to defeat the One Reborn on my third try. Then I got to Nightmare of Mensis and it's kicking my butt right now, all the opponents eat insane amounts of damage and dish out an equal amount.

I then thought let's do some sidequesting to level up a bit and tried doing Cainhurst Castle, but the first opponents I met there were also really strong.

I am currently level 65 and have a +7 Hunter's Axe, most of my points are invested in Vitality, Strength, Endurance and Skill (in that order). When it comes to optional bosses I already did Cleric Beast, Vicar Amelia, Bloodstarved Beast, Darkbeast Paarl and Witch of Hemwick.

So that apparently leaves me with the options to do Upper Cathedral Ward, Orphanage, Cainhurst Castle and Nightmare of Mensis (and of course the Old Hunters DLC, but I read that is supposed to be some of the hardest stuff in the game). What area would you guys advise me to do next? I guess an option would be to go through older areas to level up, but with the amounts of Echoes needed for leveling up by now that would be a very long undertaking.
XBL Gamertag: OrochiJR
PSN: OrochiJR

User Info: IgnisScientia

IgnisScientia
2 years ago#2
Upper Cathedral Ward and Orphanage are in the same place, IIRC. You're talking about the Orphanage Key?

Go back to Cainhurst and run past the enemies and get to the castle doors. The bloodlickers are some of the hardest non-boss enemies in Bloodborne, and taking them on, especially in hordes, is suicide.

If you decide to go to Upper Cathedral Ward, remember either to dodge or make the first move. You'll know what I mean.

And you should get your weapon to +9 if at all possible. If you have another weapon you'd rather main, then set that one to +9.

User Info: jenrais

jenrais
2 years ago#3
First off, Vicar Amelia isn't optional Just wanted to correct you there :P

Nightmare of mensis is annoying yea, Take your time there and try to find the lanterns quick is all i'm going to say.

Did you do the nightmare Frontier? That's also an optional area that is horrible that you didn't list so i'm thinking you don't know it exists or have never been there.

Upper cathedral ward is a nightmare and has one of he hardest boss in the game but it's short
Think orphanage is the same place?
Cainhurst castle is annoying and has a difficult boss but he can be parried so yay.
Nightmare Frontier is poison swamp land maze so yea...

I suggest Cainhurst castle as at least the area itself didn't make me rip my hair out

User Info: Grimmgamer13

Grimmgamer13
2 years ago#4
You're around a decent level to do Cainhurst if you want. The Bloodlicker enemies in the beginning are generally ignored on your first visit, as it takes a bit to figure out their erratic patterns, just run past them and enter the castle.

I would also recommend going through the Upper Cathedral Ward before going to do Nightmare of Mensis, because there's a gesture there you're gonna want... Also, the boss there is pretty damn easy ( bolt paper ).

Might also want to check out the Nightmare Frontier. Some good items there.
Grimm's Gaming and Horror
LP's and Horror film reviews ( requests welcome )

User Info: IgnisScientia

IgnisScientia
2 years ago#5
Grimmgamer13 posted...
You're around a decent level to do Cainhurst if you want. The Bloodlicker enemies in the beginning are generally ignored on your first visit, as it takes a bit to figure out their erratic patterns, just run past them and enter the castle.

I would also recommend going through the Upper Cathedral Ward before going to do Nightmare of Mensis, because there's a gesture there you're gonna want... Also, the boss there is pretty damn easy ( bolt paper ).

Which boss is easy? lol

User Info: Ryu4772

Ryu4772
2 years ago#6
IgnisScientia posted...
Grimmgamer13 posted...

Which boss is easy? lol

Both.
PSN: Trite98
Too Easy

jenrais
2 years ago#7
Ryu4772 posted...
IgnisScientia posted...
Grimmgamer13 posted...

Which boss is easy? lol

Both.

Nightmare frontier boss is hard if you don't know what you're doing
Cainhurst boss is worst until you realize you can parry him

User Info: Devil_A

Devil_A
2 years ago#8
do cainhurst first, grab all the goodies and beat the boss for a sweet crown and unlocking the armor set and chikage. Its also a nice place to farm echoes. Like ignis said, the enemies you find in the first part arent mandatory to beat and are pretty hard no matter the lvl. Its best to just run past em and get into the castle asap.

Dont worry about the stuff lying around in the courtyard. Most, if not all of it, is just a bunch of coldblood. Nothing rlly worth breaking your back for.

After thats done, doing either upper or mensis is fine. Both are equally hard and while mensis is abit longer, you do get more good stuff compared to if you did upper ward. What upper does have tho is the make contact gesture which you need if you want the second moon rune from mensis. You can always come back and get it if you want but its not necessary.

Also to the guy above, he might have alrdy done frontier :L. If TC hasnt tho, i second that since it has some chunks as well that should help you out with the upgrading.

jenrais
2 years ago#9
I'm only going by the fact he didn't say he killed Amygdala

User Info: treebling

treebling
2 years ago#10
With the axe, cainhurst should be a breeze. Those screaming ladies are jokes. Lickers m, while tricky, can be lured and cheesed rather easily. The only annoying guys for me there are the dart blowers.
Quick! Someone enlighten us about the difference between facts and opinions, preferably while using the words objective and subjective!
  1. Boards
  2. Bloodborne
  3. Hit a wall/ difficulty spike (late game spoilers)
  • Topic Archived