The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Bloodborne
  3. loch shield question

User Info: Azazel047

Azazel047
3 years ago#1
Could someone please explain the loch shield to me please, people say it blocks all non physical damage but it doesn't and then it blocks physical hits pretty well. It saved me from some of ludwigs attacks even. I'm just confused because there aren't any values to resistances listed

User Info: MercwithMouth82

MercwithMouth82
3 years ago#2
Azazel047 posted...
Could someone please explain the loch shield to me please, people say it blocks all non physical damage but it doesn't and then it blocks physical hits pretty well. It saved me from some of ludwigs attacks even. I'm just confused because there aren't any values to resistances listed

I am confused as well. The orphan was blocked a lot better by the wooden shield. Against the large slow arcane ball spell from the failures I blocked back then on my stream.

Threw me over and cost 50 % of my hp... I really need to do some more testing with it.
GT & PSN: MercwithMouth82 / DS Friendcode:5344-0132-5074
--- My common sense is tingling

User Info: Tmk

Tmk
3 years ago#3
I actually did damage tests of each type earlier today to see if kin/beast alters the damage you take. I suppose I could redo those tests blocking the same attacks and note the changes.
I am snazzier, hot, hot rant. Warily slight as.
Croak rush, OK? Weirder, almighty make out. ::)

Tmk
3 years ago#4
Base:

Phys: 259
Arcane: 270
Fire: 491
Bolt: 488

Wooden:

Phys: 129 (50%)
Arcane: 162 (40%)
Fire: 393 (20%)
Bolt: 341 (30%)

Loch:

Phys: 181 (30%)
Arcane: 81 (70%)
Fire: 147 (70%)
Bolt: 146 (70%)

I didn't have a particularly good blood damage attack to test on but eh, it's pretty easy to do for anyone who has to know I suppose.

User Info: BlackSheepWalls

BlackSheepWalls
3 years ago#5
Tmk posted...
Base:

Phys: 259
Arcane: 270
Fire: 491
Bolt: 488

Wooden:

Phys: 129 (50%)
Arcane: 162 (40%)
Fire: 393 (20%)
Bolt: 341 (30%)

Loch:

Phys: 181 (30%)
Arcane: 81 (70%)
Fire: 147 (70%)
Bolt: 146 (70%)

I didn't have a particularly good blood damage attack to test on but eh, it's pretty easy to do for anyone who has to know I suppose.

cool, wonder about BT

User Info: Blueberryvibe

Blueberryvibe
3 years ago#6
Nice testing TMK!! Really good info there

User Info: Azazel047

Azazel047
3 years ago#7
Thanks tmk, for blood testing you may be able to use Maria in her aoe attack?

Tmk
3 years ago#8
I wouldn't trust an attack like that to be pure any type of damage. A boss is also a bad testing subject. I could probably just test on a Yharnamite gunman fellow but I've been kinda pulled in other directions.
  1. Boards
  2. Bloodborne
  3. loch shield question
  • Topic Archived