The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Bloodborne
  3. I think Reiter may be the best weapon for the phys up at full HP secondary gems.

User Info: Tmk

Tmk
3 years ago#1
The ones madmen drop. Which can be up to 21% phys up + 12.6% phys up at full HP.

Just with 27s this may as well be Evelyn in the shooting side of things. With two gems like this it really kicks a lot of ass. If you like focusing more on shooting it's a great fit since you're less likely to be hit and lose HP hanging back to fire ranged attacks, and it actually has some of the best rally in the game (pre-DLC, anyway) so it's good at getting lost HP back quickly, and the madmen's gems still give you a decent amount of constant phys AR boosts so if you're not at full HP, the weapon isn't worthless. But when you are, well mine has a little over 760 phys AR and while this is with max stats, it's also with very sub-optimal gems. So, shrug.

Bastards have dropped me some magnificent phys + charge attack up gems but been skimpy with phys up at full HP.
I am snazzier, hot, hot rant. Warily slight as.
Croak rush, OK? Weirder, almighty make out. ::)

User Info: Kensage101

Kensage101
3 years ago#2
So now I have little reason to go Arcane OR Bloodtinge?

Skill confirmed as most powerful build. Thanks for the info TMK. The boost at full HP can make viscerals more powerful as well once you put a larger enemy you were shooting into a weak state.

Do you apply fire/bolt papers to the Reiter for more damage?
http://i.imgur.com/OYCicS3.gifv

User Info: terrysmay04

terrysmay04
3 years ago#3
That is a lot of gem investment for something that can be taken from you so very quickly. Because people don't have to hit you with their weapon, most people are more likely to return fire and take a lot of the teeth out of your attack right away.

Otherwise your right. I don't think any other weapon is a better fit for something like that. It's just the mileage that concerns me.
The difficult done immediately; The impossible takes a little longer; Miracles by appointment.

User Info: IBANExZ1nferno

IBANExZ1nferno
3 years ago#4
What about Axe? Dat regain.
Shin Oni

Tmk
3 years ago#5
Kensage101 posted...
Skill confirmed as most powerful build. Thanks for the info TMK. The boost at full HP can make viscerals more powerful as well once you put a larger enemy you were shooting into a weak state.

Yes, viscerals are 4100ish with this.

Kensage101 posted...
Do you apply fire/bolt papers to the Reiter for more damage?

Not really. I have no room for them to quickly use them on the item bar anymore, so meh.

terrysmay04 posted...
That is a lot of gem investment for something that can be taken from you so very quickly. Because people don't have to hit you with their weapon, most people are more likely to return fire and take a lot of the teeth out of your attack right away.

Otherwise your right. I don't think any other weapon is a better fit for something like that. It's just the mileage that concerns me.

Oh I wouldn't rely on this for PvP at all.

IBANExZ1nferno posted...
What about Axe? Dat regain.

Well, I'm iffy on relying on this for a pure melee weapon.

User Info: Endriu121

Endriu121
3 years ago#6
What about the cane? when equipped with 27.2 it's pretty similar to Reiter in terms of AR. In Whip mode you could decimate opponets with a whopping 90ish % attack increase at full hp with those gems, while being at safe distance.
3DS XL FC: 5429 - 8066 - 9516 ENDRIU
Psn: Endriu121

User Info: Shamus425

Shamus425
3 years ago#7
Wait there 21% phys up gems+ 12% at full health?? Where can find these?!?!
PSN: Dark_Naginata

User Info: Kensage101

Kensage101
3 years ago#8
Endriu121 posted...
What about the cane? when equipped with 27.2 it's pretty similar to Reiter in terms of AR. In Whip mode you could decimate opponets with a whopping 90ish % attack increase at full hp with those gems, while being at safe distance.

But guns.
http://i.imgur.com/OYCicS3.gifv

Tmk
3 years ago#9
Endriu121 posted...

90%? O_o Wut.

But yes, the cane had crossed my mind. It's adept at striking without being struck, so a great candidate for these gems.

Shamus425 posted...
Wait there 21% phys up gems+ 12% at full health?? Where can find these?!?!

Labyrinth Madmen drop gems of that nature, your only source.

They also drop possibly the best waning fire gems in Loran.

And the most powerful dedicated charge attack gems though getting one is extremely rare.

pwmf22gu, a popular glyph for watchers boss on layer 1 has one guarding the lever, and access is fairly fast. In fact I posted this video of me doing a farming run of the madman just a moment ago so may as well post it here to show the quick route: https://youtu.be/g6NF-AJDS9I

I think that's the right glyph, anyway. Pwm, pmw...one of those. x_x

User Info: Endriu121

Endriu121
3 years ago#10
I said 90% considering 2 radials and one out of shape triangle, or just a waning.

21% + 12 att full hp = 33 % x 3= 99% increase... i know i'm really bad at math, but i just added up 3 equal gems :(
3DS XL FC: 5429 - 8066 - 9516 ENDRIU
Psn: Endriu121
  1. Boards
  2. Bloodborne
  3. I think Reiter may be the best weapon for the phys up at full HP secondary gems.
  • Topic Archived