• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Bloodborne
  3. Beast mode gameplay theories.

User Info: bixnood007

bixnood007
4 years ago#1
Right now I see five possible ways the "beast mode" will be implemented, and also a possible fusion of one of these five ideas. Let me know what you think, and shoot out some of your own theories if you think I missed a possibility.

1,The most obvious, and simplistic way will be a permanent buff on our regular character. That offers new moves, skills, stats, drawbacks, and natural weapon selection depending on what "faction" you level it up in. Also possible that its level will be based on faction level rather than character level.

2, Much like the hidden boss showed in the incomplete area of the alpha as he turned into a beast near death. The transformation will work the same for us. As in we will turn into a completely different form with a preset of moves, and skill that is separate from out main character's regular move set. It could be based on a rage mode, near death, or even a random state based how many times we have died recently. It will serve as anomaly to basic gameplay that could help, or jam us up depending on the situation.

3, Its a death state similar to DS's spirit form, and Dark souls hollow form. That has some positive benefit, and negative benefits until we become human again. If this is the case there could be "gradients" of the beast form as we slowly succumb to it through being "knocked out".

4, The mode is a one time transformation for that life like Dark souls 1, and 2 Dragon forms.

5, Its a controlled effect, or form that uses up a resource similar to mana, or drains the stamina, health, etc when being used that can tapped into at will. Which would make it separate from the normal human form.

User Info: RPGNinja123

RPGNinja123
4 years ago#2
I can definitely see something in regards to a new moveset because it might cut down on the number of weapons they will have to make for the game.
3DS FC-0232-8140-1787(send PM if u add me)

User Info: Cvdf3

Cvdf3
4 years ago#3
this and stats are the two things I really want to know about...
http://i.imgur.com/2ihZSPX.png

User Info: Braid_Dean

Braid_Dean
4 years ago#4
The fact that you are taking this blood to a particular beasts heart
suggests that your probably dont really go full beast. I imagine
this is the new "dark spirit" justification. The fact that the permadeath
covenant lets you BECOME the boss also implies that its an extreme
as compared to the other covenants as well (and would make sense
since youre feeding your heart instead of anothers). If the leak is
to believed at all anyway.

What we might get is individual hollow forms with seperate
pros and cons. Likewise there might be an aesthetic "infection"
that goes along with it.

Snake boss is the perfect excuse to bring back their
favorite snake men.

User Info: Retneug

Retneug
4 years ago#5
The hidden alpha boss really makes me think that beast mode will be a full-on, moveset-altering transformation; whether it will be affected by death/near-death or not, I cannot say... But I'd personally just want it to be an activated ability.

And as I mentioned in another thread, I'm hoping that there's a hunter-centric covenant/series of covenants that offer more passive or ability-based boons for your regular character as opposed to transformations.
washed up on dark shoals...

bixnood007
4 years ago#6
Retneug posted...
The hidden alpha boss really makes me think that beast mode will be a full-on, moveset-altering transformation; whether it will be affected by death/near-death or not, I cannot say... But I'd personally just want it to be an activated ability.

And as I mentioned in another thread, I'm hoping that there's a hunter-centric covenant/series of covenants that offer more passive or ability-based boons for your regular character as opposed to transformations.

Would be nice to have that as well. However I don't think anybody can "escape" the disease much like the undead curse.

User Info: Retneug

Retneug
4 years ago#7
bixnood007 posted...
Would be nice to have that as well. However I don't think anybody can "escape" the disease much like the undead curse.

True. The way I envision it, the rumoured early-game choice that I'm basing my theory on would be whether to resist or embrace the infection.
washed up on dark shoals...

bixnood007
4 years ago#8
Retneug posted...
bixnood007 posted...

True. The way I envision it, the rumoured early-game choice that I'm basing my theory on would be whether to resist or embrace the infection.

Although I think there may be a beast form that will support the "pure hunter" style. If my first theory is correct. Did you notice how out of all the werecrows, werewolves, wererats, etc some of the enemies are completely humanoid, but giantish in appearance? I am thinking that a giant humanoid may be one of the options which would be more of a pure hunter than the other monsters at least.

User Info: Denizen_Of_Dark

Denizen_Of_Dark
4 years ago#9
bixnood007 posted...
Retneug posted...
bixnood007 posted...

Although I think there may be a beast form that will support the "pure hunter" style. If my first theory is correct. Did you notice how out of all the werecrows, werewolves, wererats, etc some of the enemies are completely humanoid, but giantish in appearance? I am thinking that a giant humanoid may be one of the options which would be more of a pure hunter than the other monsters at least.

franken-borne
Official GRAVITY of gamefaqs Dark Souls boards.
XBL GT in quote.

User Info: LightPersona8

LightPersona8
4 years ago#10
Bloody ROOOOAR!! Viral open world edition $79.99
Light X Tohka
She is my sword, so I shall be her shield so that nothing can break us apart...
  1. Boards
  2. Bloodborne
  3. Beast mode gameplay theories.
  • Topic Archived