• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Halo: The Master Chief Collection
  3. Anybody else have a random uninstall?

User Info: ilikewalmart

ilikewalmart
4 months ago#1
Twice now when I go to update, the game is randomly uninstalled and I have to download it all over again. First time, I passed it off and said I must have done something to cause it. But this time, all I did was update and the game was gone.
Signature coming soon

User Info: GzzzBzzz

GzzzBzzz
1 month ago#2
I thought I was going crazy! Yes, me too. A few months ago I bought the collection, between the core game (4 titles), Reach and ODST it was a whopper 126 or so GB of a download, took all day. I was deep into a couple of other games and decided to play it later.

So, 2 days ago I decide to play it. Upon launch it needed a 49GB update. It downloaded somewhat slower than the original download and once again took all day.

Last night I go to play it only to discover that it is not installed anymore. Evidenced by the fact that I now have roughly 126 or so GB more than I had 2 days ago when I was running the 49GB update. So now I have to download the entire package again, all 126 or so GB, and I don't even know if that means I need to run the 49 GB update yet again when THIS is finished.

And I haven't even been able to launch the collection one single time. This is a LOT to go through to play these games. I wish I had tried this when I first purchased it, I bet it's too late for a refund now. I'd LOVE to play these but I cannot honestly say that the game will let me.

If it uninstalls itself again I suppose I'll just chalk it up as a loss. Thankfully I bought the package on sale at $20, but it would still be a shame to lost the money and not be able to play.

User Info: GzzzBzzz

GzzzBzzz
1 month ago#3
UPDATE: After yesterday's attempt the Collection is now working great, I played my first session of Halo: CE last night. And it was glorious!

@ilikewalmart I do have 1 question if you are still around to read this. When this happens to you and you reinstall, are your save files intact? Or does it scrub you utterly?

User Info: Jdub454

Jdub454
4 weeks ago#4
I went to load up the game today and it said I need to connect to the internet to renew my subscription to game pass. I like playing offline amd game pass it paid up to date. Got online, accidentally started updating, then I cancelled update. Went to try and play it offline again after getting game pass info and it was fine from my library. I managed to get through Halo:CE and half through 2 before that happened. No idea why it uninstalled. I have the original xbox 1 from back in 2014 so I'm limited on how much space I can use. Didnt have space for the 49GB update. Tried to fudge my way around by playing offline. Didnt work and the who thing uninstalled.

Ypu should be able to pick up where you left off if you sync to the cloud and you saves are there. Mine being offline doesnt do that so I'll probably ly start Halo 2 over again. I've played all the games many times before but it was kinda bummed when it happened. Only get a few hours a week to play and was looking forward to shooting some covenant.
  1. Boards
  2. Halo: The Master Chief Collection
  3. Anybody else have a random uninstall?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A