• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: TheStatic

TheStatic
5 years ago#1
I finally got around to beating all of the campaigns on the disk, so now I'm trying to get through ODST. Unfortunately, it won't launch. I've tried re-downloading it and installing it on an external HDD, but nothing has worked thus far. It seems a couple of other people on the board had this problem in the past, but the topics concerning it closed without any meaningful exchanges. Has anyone else had this problem and, if so, were you able to solve it?
Reckoner
You can't take it with yer

User Info: Strav23

Strav23
5 years ago#2
What do you mean it won't launch, when you load up a new game I'm assuming? What happens exactly?
*Browncoats* "I aim to misbehave" - Malcom Reynolds

TheStatic
5 years ago#3
Sorry, I should have been a little more specific. I can set up the campaign settings (difficulty, skulls, etc.), but once I hit start and the countdown finishes, it'll just hang on the loading screen indefinitely.
Reckoner

User Info: Strav23

Strav23
5 years ago#4
I found this post but I can't confirm if it works...

Finally got it working. Here's all the steps...
- Uninstall Halo: MCC
- Shutdown (press and hold Xbox button on console)
- Power-up
- Install Halo: MCC from disc (didn't bother logging in to Live first)
- Immediately told I needed the big (3.2 Gb?) update for MCC
- Proceed with update
(Several hours later, install and updates are complete and console has powered off due to inactivity)
- Power-up
- Login to Live
- Run Halo: MCC
- Select ODST
- Not installed. Do I want to go to the Store to get it? Proceed
- Install ODST
(Several hours later, install and updates are complete and console has powered off due to inactivity)
- Power-up
- Login to Live
- Run Halo: MCC
- Select ODST
(hold your breath)
It works!
*Browncoats* "I aim to misbehave" - Malcom Reynolds

TheStatic
5 years ago#5
Yeah... I didn't want to have to reinstall the entire thing, but that's probably what I'll have to do. I'll give it a shot.
Reckoner

TheStatic
5 years ago#6
That worked, it just took a long time. Thanks.
Reckoner

User Info: JKeezy85

JKeezy85
5 years ago#7
The release of Halo 5 has finally gotten me in the mood to get around to playing this only to encounter the same problem. The catch is I have a digital copy. Will that fix work for me too?

I can't believe this game is still broken almost a full f***ing year later.
John Kirkwood March 13th, 1951-May 7th, 2010. God rest your soul, Dad.

TheStatic
5 years ago#8
JKeezy85 posted...
I can't believe this game is still broken almost a full f***ing year later.

That's what I said.

And I don't see why it wouldn't work for you, too. All of your progress and such is kept, so there's no real reason not to do it except for the fact that it might take a while to download the 60GB+ game and DLC depending on your connection. Mine isn't great, so it took a couple of hours.
Reckoner

User Info: JKeezy85

JKeezy85
5 years ago#9
So I uninstalled both MCC and ODST, re-installed them, but was not told I needed to download an update. ODST still won't load after re-installing everything.
John Kirkwood March 13th, 1951-May 7th, 2010. God rest your soul, Dad.

User Info: blackman232

blackman232
5 years ago#10
Sorry I can't contribute to this post because I'm downloading it now. And to my surprise you are saying ODST is in this collection really ? Anyway I know Storywise Halo reach happens b4 halo combat evolved and so where does ODST come in b4 halo 2 or after anwayz thx
FFXV is being developed with a PC base using DirectX 11, so it will be easy to port to various consoles.
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A