• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Mortal Kombat X
  3. Chip damage removes hype from matches.

User Info: Skarlet

Skarlet
4 years ago#1
Plenty times have I seen moments where the losing player is gaining momentum and would only need two calculated reads to steal the match, oh but the winning player just needs to jab the opponent to death with a braindead d1 even if it is blocked. We know the winning opponent is capable of making smart reads, leading to him having the life lead in the first place, but he would just resort to chip simply because its the easiest safest route, hence a lazy playstyle is promoted.

It steals the tension from matches and I don't know if removing chip from normals alone would be sufficient because you have homing specials from the likes of scorpion and mileena which could guarantee you the win. It was embarrassing hearing the commentators predict the matches ahead of time and saying the win is guaranteed due to chip.

User Info: Pootbird

Pootbird
4 years ago#2
I do think there's a little too much chip in MKX.
The official Shinnok of the MKX boards. Married to Adenzia.
Miserable wretch! Insignificant speck of feculant scum! How DARE you!

User Info: RagingRicans

RagingRicans
4 years ago#3
I would like a guard mechanic like faultless Defense in Guilty Gear. Holding block and another button makes you impervious to chip,but slowly drains your meter while holding it.

I would love for more system mechanics in mk
PSN: RagingRicans. "There is always a little truth behind every "Kappa" Give me a watch at:http://www.twitch.tv/ragingricans

User Info: YuArisato

YuArisato
4 years ago#4
RagingRicans posted...
I would like a guard mechanic like faultless Defense in Guilty Gear. Holding block and another button makes you impervious to chip,but slowly drains your meter while holding it.

I would love for system mechanics in mk

This an Overdrive would be awesome.
Show me the value of your soul - Relius Clover.

User Info: act_right

act_right
4 years ago#5
Ya looking at all these evo matches and how hype it is for someone to comeback with a pixel health but that just doesn't happen in MK.
"Yo dawg, I heard you like DLC"

User Info: JRPGHurtsWallet

JRPGHurtsWallet
4 years ago#6
Pootbird posted...
I do think there's a little too much chip in MKX.

Compare MKX to any fighting game out there, the chip is absolutely unacceptable.

User Info: necrondude

necrondude
4 years ago#7
Definitely something they could change
"Great minds think alike. Great minds think about horsec***." - Bellethor

User Info: Tbon110

Tbon110
4 years ago#8
Especially the chip from rapid, multi-hitting attacks. Liu Kang's probably the worst culprit there by far.
The greatest evil is the indifference of good men.

User Info: Fugly_Jack

Fugly_Jack
4 years ago#9
If your health is all the way down, then I dont think you should be able take any more damage from chip. But I can kind of see that being a problem too
"Isn't that right, Zach?"

User Info: dafreestyleking

dafreestyleking
4 years ago#10
Tbon110 posted...
Especially the chip from rapid, multi-hitting attacks. Liu Kang's probably the worst culprit there by far.

Yes, I'm guessing you're referring to that match yesterday where a Liu Kang player kept spamming his rush punch special, and did this TWO ROUNDS IN A ROW, as his opponent was absolutely helpless as he saw his health bar chipped away in an instant. What a s***ty way to be eliminated from a tournament, mkx in a nutshell...helpless without meter.
NCAA 14...I am kind of disappointment.
  1. Boards
  2. Mortal Kombat X
  3. Chip damage removes hype from matches.
  • Topic Archived