I can't remember when a game was about to release that had less hype

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Homefront: The Revolution
  3. I can't remember when a game was about to release that had less hype

User Info: MrDolfan

MrDolfan
2 years ago#1
The really made a mistake with the beta. Whatever they gained from "stress testing" the servers was lost by absolutely destroying any excitement gamers may have had for it. Just an increadly poor business decision.
I'm still buying this but I really hope they start releasing updated game play videos to start something resembling hype or this game runs the risk of being DOA.
Voting for the lesser of two evils IS STILL VOTING FOR EVIL. #garyjohnson2016

User Info: specialkid8

specialkid8
2 years ago#2
There was virtually no hype to begin with, the beta didn't hurt much of anything. The marketing is only just now starting. There's still a month which is when most games kick into motion. It was never going to break any records to begin with.

User Info: 305michael305

305michael305
2 years ago#3
To me this game is division just in fps. I don't see the need to get it

User Info: specialkid8

specialkid8
2 years ago#4
That makes literally no sense.

User Info: Apextech

Apextech
2 years ago#5
specialkid8 posted...

lmao
XBOX LIVE :APEXTECH/PSN:APEXTECH
"WTF is this?!!!.....Dude i feel like i'm in a Fellini movie."-Tommy Lee Punk'd

User Info: xdc321x

xdc321x
2 years ago#6
I literally do not hear/see anyone talking about this game so I don't know what "hype" you're talking about....I myself will be picking this up because I liked the first one and with a much longer campaign as they say, it's def. a day one for me....I could care less how the beta was
What Do All The Ninjas Do Before They Go To Bed?....They Check Their Closet For RYU HAYABUSA.

User Info: tzar_666

tzar_666
2 years ago#7
Apextech posted...
specialkid8 posted...

lmao

i have the division, my best friend comes over and will play tiil 5 or 6 am. i hope it's as good as the division. it will be amazing if it is
xbox davethebakerx2

User Info: SkippyjonJones1

SkippyjonJones1
2 years ago#8
xdc321x posted...
I literally do not hear/see anyone talking about this game so I don't know what "hype" you're talking about....I myself will be picking this up because I liked the first one and with a much longer campaign as they say, it's def. a day one for me....I could care less how the beta was

You do literally see people talking about this game. Unless what you are seeing on gamefaqs is a figment of your imagination, you are indeed literally seeing people talking about this game.

User Info: SergioMach5

SergioMach5
2 years ago#9
There are followers out there with one eye on it, but I would agree that the general public would not be aware of the game in general. Homefront as a license never set the world on fire to begin with, the first one had little hype either at the time and was considered a second grade military shooter.

That said, I am looking at it purely from the developers making it, since they haven't made a full game since 2007 and done multiplayer since. I love their legacy of Timesplitters and Second Sight, and really want a good critical reception.
E3, finally delivering something for the new consoles.

User Info: GravyButt

GravyButt
2 years ago#10
Its got a single player campaign right? I honestly know nothing of the game
  1. Boards
  2. Homefront: The Revolution
  3. I can't remember when a game was about to release that had less hype

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived