Patch 2.0 framerate

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: ottselmaster

ottselmaster
1 year ago#1
http://attackofthefanboy.com/news/homefront-revolution-update-2-0-makes-significant-performance-improvements/

Comming in Aug, Digi foundry just said the 1.06 patch increased framerates by 25% (5fps) so hopefully patch 2.0 and boost it upto 25-30fps (it SHOULD be 30fps out the box mind)
Jay Dowg: Man, Dog, LEGEND.

User Info: DarknessR18

DarknessR18
1 year ago#2
That's awesome, thanks for the heads up. I only started the game last night, played for a couple hours, not going back to it though until they release this new patch.

ottselmaster
1 year ago#3
DarknessR18 posted...
That's awesome, thanks for the heads up. I only started the game last night, played for a couple hours, not going back to it though until they release this new patch.

I did the same but sold it it was so bad, if they DO fix the glitches and framerate itll be an alright game but it really needed 6 months more in development they dropped the ball big time.

User Info: thefinalzapkeet

thefinalzapkeet
1 year ago#4
ottselmaster posted...
DarknessR18 posted...

I did the same but sold it it was so bad, if they DO fix the glitches and framerate itll be an alright game but it really needed 6 months more in development they dropped the ball big time.

The story is interesting enough for me to buy the DLC, but not before they make the FPS steady. If they manage it then cool, i'll buy their content.

still a bit disappointed about the presentation of the game compared to the first one (where it really showed you the horrors of the occupation) but meh, maybe DLC will fill in those blanks
Go the Distance is the most inspirational song ever
those that agree: 50

ottselmaster
1 year ago#5
At least the DLC is single player and not tacked on MP like say..... DOOM

User Info: TheCyborgNinja

TheCyborgNinja
1 year ago#6
ottselmaster posted...

Yeah, which was a terrible idea. Outside of heavy hitter franchises coming from EA, Activision, etc., nothing will have a long enough lifespan to support a gradual season of MP DLC. Titanfall was a success from a big publisher and that approach still failed. Doom's online was fun for a few weeks, but the 8~ people playing it on my friends list and I quit it in less than a month and I haven't seen anyone on it since. Were the arrogant or simply too lazy to make real content?
"message parlor" ? do you mean the post office ? - SlayerX888

ottselmaster
1 year ago#7
TheCyborgNinja posted...
ottselmaster posted...

Yeah, which was a terrible idea. Outside of heavy hitter franchises coming from EA, Activision, etc., nothing will have a long enough lifespan to support a gradual season of MP DLC. Titanfall was a success from a big publisher and that approach still failed. Doom's online was fun for a few weeks, but the 8~ people playing it on my friends list and I quit it in less than a month and I haven't seen anyone on it since. Were the arrogant or simply too lazy to make real content?

Well considering its the same company that reduced Fallouts dlc from 5 story packs to 2 story packs and some throw away building packs, I think the answer is clear.

User Info: rush86

rush86
1 year ago#8
ottselmaster posted...
TheCyborgNinja posted...
ottselmaster posted...

Well considering its the same company that reduced Fallouts dlc from 5 story packs to 2 story packs and some throw away building packs, I think the answer is clear.

Dude no fallout 4 is a massive sandbox game to begin with. With 100s of hours worth of content. Then theres the dlc. Which we got 2 big expansions and the smaller robot one, and all the building stuff. It's stupid trying to compare the two to begin with, and bust on them in the first place. And guess what? Id software made the new Doom game, and created the content for it, not bethesda.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived