• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Hitman
  3. Is it worth to buy Hitman (GOTY)?

User Info: DarkBlood1

DarkBlood1
3 months ago#1
$12 dollars currently.
https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP0082-CUSA02976_00-000000S1GOTYFULL

Is it full DLC?

User Info: DarkBlood1

DarkBlood1
3 months ago#2
Not worth it, has no platinum trophy.

Also Hitman 2 includes Hitman 1.

User Info: Drinking_Beer

Drinking_Beer
2 months ago#3
Hitman 2 does not include Hitman 1! You still have to buy the legacy pack in order to play Hitman 1 on Hitman 2.

IO Interactive has an in depth FAQ on their site.

https://www.ioi.dk/hitman-legacy-faq/

Is there more than one version of the HITMAN Legacy Pack?

Yes, there are two versions of the HITMAN Legacy Pack DLC, depending on which version of HITMAN you own.

The “HITMAN Legacy Pack” includes all locations and campaign missions from the previous game and will be provided to players who own HITMAN: The Full Experience, HITMAN: The Complete First Season (digital or disc) or all seven episodes individually from the previous HITMAN game.

Players who own HITMAN – Game of the Year Edition (or have upgraded to the GOTY Edition) or own HITMAN: Definitive Edition, will be able to redeem the “HITMAN GOTY Legacy Pack,” including all locations and campaign missions from HITMAN, plus the Patient Zero campaign, GOTY suits and three GOTY Escalation Contracts.

It sounds like Hitman GOTY contains everything, including Patient Zero plus the 3 suits and 3 Escalation Contracts.

If you do not own a version of HITMAN, the HITMAN GOTY Legacy Pack will be available as DLC for HITMAN 2 for $20.00 USD.

Hitman GOTY is on sale for $12.

I think I'll be happy with the GOTY version. It's the one I bought. I don't have Hitman 2 yet so I can't test anything from the FAQ. And trying to decipher which version of Hitman 2 I should get is going to open another can of worms.
...sober, now.

User Info: Drinking_Beer

Drinking_Beer
2 months ago#4
Although I own Hitman GOTY, the PlayStation store shows the Requiem Pack as a separate purchase ($4.99).

HOWEVER, my list of installed add-ons shows:

Hitman - Requiem Legacy Suit
Hitman - Silenced ICA-19 Chrome Pistol
Hitman - White Rubber Duck Explosive

So it does look like I own the Requiem Pack.

I tried to download the Legacy Pack from in-game to see what would happen. It looks like the Legacy copies of DLC won't overwrite the original versions.

Hitman Paris
Hitman - Legacy Paris

I can't believe it didn't overwrite the original with the update!

What sucks is I can't delete individual DLC. I have to delete the whole thing. Then I have to redownload Hitman, but not the DLC. The Legacy Pack needs to be downloaded from the in-game store.

I'm upset. All of this is so very unclear. I'm sorry.
...sober, now.
  1. Boards
  2. Hitman
  3. Is it worth to buy Hitman (GOTY)?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A