You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. Post Each Time You Beat a Game: 2018 Edition (topic #3)

User Info: KCF0107

KCF0107
2 weeks ago#1
It is really simple. Just post each time you beat a game throughout the year and the platform you played it on. Do not hesitate to add some discussion in regards to the games you or others beat.

At the bottom of this post is a link to a Google word doc that you are free to edit to immortalize your gaming accomplishments. Feel free to tinker with your color and font options, but do know that users are supposed to be in alphabetical order.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/164hQxF2n2ZalJqwyW23-o3CqdfiFNAsUk995kIdSQwk
KCF can't actually be a real person but he is - greengravy
http://i.imgur.com/VfpY7tg.jpg

KCF0107
2 weeks ago#2
Well, there's no way the last topic was going to last through the end of the year, so we might as well have presumably the final topic up now.

#bump#

User Info: Simoun

Simoun
2 weeks ago#3
Omensight (PC)

Had no idea this was a spiritual successor. Might play the previous one.

Anyways, it's a time travel plot so repetition is expected. I'm suddenly having Radiant Historia flashbacks but to a more annoying degree as there are only essentially 6 dungeons that just loop over and over with the difference being who's accompanying you and what the plot's after. But, because it's time travel, I guess I can excuse it. In the very least, combat was very satisfying and challenging so that kept me entertained. The story itself was average, but the way it was told through these perspectives and characters was nice.

The ending was...interesting. In a twist to these kinds of games, everyone still dies even if you technically save the world from an abomination because the kingdom was already at war
It's not so cliche anymore when it's happening to you.
(edited 2 weeks ago)

User Info: LordoftheMorons

LordoftheMorons
2 weeks ago#4
Mega Man X3 (Switch)
Congrats to BKSheikah for winning the BYIG Guru Challenge!

User Info: Gmun

Gmun
2 weeks ago#5
bad choice
gmun alt

User Info: GOGZero

GOGZero
2 weeks ago#6
Ranma 1/2: Chounai Gekitou Hen (Super Famicom)

We got this game over in the West under the name Street Combat.
All they really did was change up the story, character sprites, music and a few background changes.

Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon (Game Boy)

Played this via the 2DS XL.
I was going in with mild expectations and unfortunately I ended up not liking the game. Quite possibly the worst game in the series (of what I played from the series).
You only get 1 life and no continues.
You can only move in 4 directions and using Goemon, Ebisumaru and Sasuke makes no difference as they all play the same. Coins and Shurikens can only be found in chests.
You go from screen to screen looking for a key item to proceed to the next area and finally to the boss.

After you beat a boss, you are suddenly challenged to a Surprise Match against the boss you defeated, a mini game.
Unless you looked it up in the manual/guide, they don't really give you in game instructions on how to use the controls in some of them. You only get one shot at the mini game and if you lose, game over.You get taken back to the title screen and have to start all over again unless you use a password (which is terrible. It's one of those password systems where it's just character objects/faces). Hot garbage right there and the ending wasn't even any good.
The reason why you couldn't see my Signature before is because it was Invisible
(edited 2 weeks ago)

User Info: GTN

GTN
2 weeks ago#7
Kaela knows she lost this

User Info: metaIslug

metaIslug
2 weeks ago#8
Beat The Last of Us for the first time.

I uh. Not sure what to think. That was something. Very cinematic. To be fair there is also some game in there. There are a pretty decent amount of stealth options and the stealth was fun. The AI would bug out alot though. I bet mastering the stealth would make repeat playthroughs more fun but also the amount of cinematics would probably make it annoying

Also for some reason I thought this game was gonna be darker. Like I thought rape was gonna be a thing. Not like actually, but I thought that was how someone was gonna try to use the immune thing. On the other hand there's some cannibal mofos so that's already plenty bad

KCF0107
2 weeks ago#9
I have mixed feelings about the campaign for The Last of Us. It was definitely a case that they cared more about the story than the gameplay/interactive element, which I am not really a fan of and held the game back, but the multiplayer is great.

User Info: Simoun

Simoun
2 weeks ago#10
TLoU pulled on my heartstrings the first time I played it. I don't think I can harshly criticize its gameplay as much. But I can be harsher to its sequel if it proves to be more of the same thing
It's not so cliche anymore when it's happening to you.
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. Post Each Time You Beat a Game: 2018 Edition (topic #3)