• Topic Closed
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. Hearthstone: New Core Set and an expansion I guess
Camden posted...
I don't know, I just kind of life nerfs that aren't +1 mana or -1 stat.

Fair but...Blizzard doesn't like making nerfs like that, so I assume we're getting something really simple.

Drawing the secrets is the only other change I could see them doing, maaaaaybe. But I would still be surprised if they went for a functional change like that.
Cats land on their feet. Toast lands peanut butter side down. A cat with toast strapped to its back will hover above the ground in a state of quantum indecision
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: azuarc

azuarc
4 weeks ago#332
I've decided I'm not going anywhere near ladder any more until they deal with mage. Paladin is strong, sure, but I don't openly feel bad losing to it.

Last night, I had a game where I was clearly winning on tempo, and then the mage squeezes in Deck of Lunacy. They proceed to summon a board full of 1/1's that summons a new board full of 1/1's for 4 mana, because clearly that's how Expendable Performers was meant to be played. I had an 8 health minion and two 3's. All gone. And I never got back while they proceeded to hit me with absurd plays on consecutive turns, culminating in Nagrand Slam on 7. And this feels like it's pretty representative of my play against mage. They've very clearly teched at this point for the paladin match-up, which carries over into any other board-based deck. Like, Brain Freeze and Apexis Blast are bad enough, along with getting 3 "free" minions off Font of Power. They don't need to be casting multiple Librams of Hope for 5 and putting the game out of range with all that healing that we know and love mage for, too. Deck of Lunacy felt like it was supposed to be a meme card, not a "take over the meta" card. But it's definitely done that.
Only the exceptions can be exceptional.

User Info: FFDragon

FFDragon
4 weeks ago#333
You should feel bad losing to either, because they are the complete opposite ends of the hearthstone spectrum - disgusting randomness and disgusting consistency.

I'd rather face mage since at least there's a chance (in theory) they will whiff. Paladin, you're just f***ed.
If you wake up at a different time, in a different place, could you wake up as a different person?
#theresafreakingghostafterus

User Info: VeryInsane

VeryInsane
4 weeks ago#334
Honestly if they just nerf Lunacy for Mage it will still be a top tier deck: calling it now

Same for just Sword for Pally
Warning: I'm literally VeryInsane.

User Info: azuarc

azuarc
4 weeks ago#335
VeryInsane posted...
Honestly if they just nerf Lunacy for Mage it will still be a top tier deck: calling it now

And this is fine. I don't mind losing to cards that are (theoretically) balanced around the game systems and are actually intended to be playing as one cohesive unit, rather than playing a randemonium brawl where my opponent only gets the power spells from every class, but gets to cast multiples per turn.

FFDragon posted...
You should feel bad losing to either

You should feel bad for making me think that I should simply feel bad. =(
Only the exceptions can be exceptional.

User Info: Camden

Camden
4 weeks ago#336
I'd rather lose to Lunacy shenanigans than a consistent 40 or so damage straight from hand.

I'd rather lose to both than Pen Flinger 20 times a game.
Huh? Finger!?
What the hell?

User Info: CybrMonkey

CybrMonkey
4 weeks ago#337
https://playhearthstone.com/en-us/news/23658923/20-0-2-patch-notes

The nerfs are here. And exactly in line with expectations.

Deck of Lunacy
  • Old: [Costs 2] → New: [Costs 4]
Sword of the Fallen
  • Old: 1 Attack, 3 Durability → New: 1 Attack, 2 Durability
Jandice Barov
  • Old: [Costs 5] → New: [Costs 6]
Pen Flinger
  • Old: Battlecry: Deal 1 damage. Spellburst: Return this to your hand. → New: Battlecry: Deal 1 damage to a minion. Spellburst: Return this to your hand.
Far Watch Post
  • Old: 2 Attack, 4 Health → New: 2 Attack, 3 Health
Mor’shan Watch Post
  • Old: 3 Attack, 5 Health → New: 3 Attack, 4 Health
Lurker extraordinaire
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: GANON1025

GANON1025
4 weeks ago#338
yesss
https://i.imgur.com/G17qCv1.mp4

User Info: Camden

Camden
4 weeks ago#339
Meh nerfs.
Huh? Finger!?
What the hell?

User Info: skullbone

skullbone
4 weeks ago#340
Gut reaction is that Paladin is still going to be too strong but after some thought I think that the penflinger nerf really hurts a lot of their libram control style decks.
skull
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. Hearthstone: New Core Set and an expansion I guess
  • Topic Closed