• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. The Definitive Ranking Of All Cases And Characters From Danganronpa 1/2

User Info: colliding

colliding
1 month ago#61
if this is only the first two games and FOUR of these cases are "legitimately bad not fun cases" you had a pretty bad time nearly half the time
while you slept, the world changed

User Info: Suprak the Stud

Suprak the Stud
1 month ago#62
Mm that’s fair. I was trying to only do three tiers but that might not be fair here to how I actually feel about the cases.

Ok we have two tiers coming up before I get back to the characters. Two are in the “legitimately bad not fun cases” tier and then two are in the “has some moments but also some significant problems” tier.
Moops?
"I thought you were making up diseases? That's spontaneous dental hydroplosion."

User Info: Dels

Dels
1 month ago#63
man i'm a danganronpa hater (okay mostly i just hate the first game's cast) and even i wouldn't say there are any cases i "don't have a single good thing to say about" other than 2-6

i think every other case in the series is fine, even if some of them are sort of underwhelming or have a few contrived moments.

User Info: Inviso

Inviso
1 month ago#64
Anagaram posted...
I don't know if I can agree with Sayaka being smart. Her grand plan was to assault a professional athlete with a knife.

I think Leon being completely ignored in chapter one really hurts the story as a whole. We know that Sayaka wanted to escape, but while Makoto would've been a MUCH easier kill, killing him would f*** up the second half of the game, aka getting away with murder. So she used Makoto as her fall guy, which meant she needed a victim. Perhaps if the game had expanded more on Leon, her choice would make more sense. My interpretation is that Leon is A. an aspiring musician who might want to team up with a pop idol, and B. the kind of teenaged guy who might fall victim to feminine wiles, unlike nearly every other archetypal guy in the cast. Sayaka wanted to lure him in and kill him, but she didn't exactly have a better means of doing so than via a knife wound. It's not a perfect plan, obviously, but given the limitations she had in place, it's reasonably clever.
Touch fuzzy. Get fuzzier.
Inviso

User Info: Anagaram

Anagaram
1 month ago#65
Look, I accept that Sayaka's plan required her to ambush a boy, and that Makoto wasn't an option, Mondo was too big, and Byakuya was too smart. But if your options are Leon (a pro athlete), Hiro (a full-grown man), Taka (a guy who's disciplined and in-shape), and Hifumi (a slow, fat, gullible fool), clearly Hifumi is the obvious choice.
This is an alt.
On the other hand, why would you want to touch Hifumi?
Sir Chris
Doom The Kanto Saga - Animated Series - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hH4wNFCrLM

Inviso
1 month ago#67
Anagaram posted...
Look, I accept that Sayaka's plan required her to ambush a boy, and that Makoto wasn't an option, Mondo was too big, and Byakuya was too smart. But if your options are Leon (a pro athlete), Hiro (a full-grown man), Taka (a guy who's disciplined and in-shape), and Hifumi (a slow, fat, gullible fool), clearly Hifumi is the obvious choice.

Hifumi was already ensnared by Celestia's feminine wiles. That girl was playing the long game with her weeb.
Inviso

User Info: Suprak the Stud

Suprak the Stud
1 month ago#68
Dels posted...
man i'm a danganronpa hater (okay mostly i just hate the first game's cast) and even i wouldn't say there are any cases i "don't have a single good thing to say about" other than 2-6

i think every other case in the series is fine, even if some of them are sort of underwhelming or have a few contrived moments.

2-6 is your least favorite case?!?

That’s gotta be the hottest take in this topic so far.

Moops?
"I thought you were making up diseases? That's spontaneous dental hydroplosion."

Inviso
1 month ago#69
2-6 is far and away the worst final chapter of the franchise. It's the perfect capper on the absurd mess that is DR2.
Inviso
2-6 is fantastic.
Sir Chris
Doom The Kanto Saga - Animated Series - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hH4wNFCrLM
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. The Definitive Ranking Of All Cases And Characters From Danganronpa 1/2
  • Post New Message