• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. Playing Xenoblade for the first time

User Info: colliding

colliding
1 month ago#121
Poppi and Tora just suck so bad. I couldn't get past the chapter where Lila shows up.
while you slept, the world changed

User Info: ninkendo

ninkendo
1 month ago#122
Needs more Poppi QT and Poppi QT π
https://imgtc.com/i/iJnhdkc.gif
https://imgtc.com/i/j45EVGx.png

User Info: mnkboy907

mnkboy907
1 month ago#123
colliding posted...
Poppi and Tora just suck so bad. I couldn't get past the chapter where Lila shows up.

That's the end of the cringe for the most part. If you had gotten through that then you would've been golden.
Change is weird.

User Info: andylt

andylt
1 month ago#124
Riki being a 40 year old married daddypon is the best twist so far lmao

Also the music in the Telethia fight got really cool and choir-y for a bit but then went back to the normal boss music, huh.

Grand Kirby posted...
To her credit she actually returned to record new lines for the Switch release!
For some reason it didn't occur to me that they'd bring the cast back for the new content but of course they did lol. Are those Archsage timed missions new to the DE btw, it feels like something that could've been added.

And hm maybe I will get XC2, thanks for the info. Not certain on it (it would be a guarantee with how much I'm liking this game but the few scenes I've seen from it just seem so bad, like approaching Star Ocean 4 bad), for now I'll just continue to enjoy this game!
Slowly becoming a Final Fantasy aficionado.
Currently playing: Xenoblade Chronicles!

User Info: foolm0r0n

foolm0r0n
1 month ago#125
Xenoblade is easily still my fav JRPG (FF7R could compete but it's so different) and I still am too afraid to try XC2. It doesn't turn me off as much as XCX but enough to make me avoid it.
_foolmo_
he says listen to my story this maybe are last chance
Team Rocket Elite 1 month ago#126
andylt posted...
Are those Archsage timed missions new to the DE btw, it feels like something that could've been added.

Yes.
My bracket looked like random picks compared to his.
Congrats to azuarc for winning the GotD 2020 Guru Contest!
XCX is an entirely different style of RPG than the mainlines for sure, much more focused on an open world of exploring and sidequesting with a main story just to check back in with whenever. Not to say its main story doesn't have some nice twists and intrigue (chapter 5 reveal legit surprised me and made pretty cool sense) and well for better or worse the game ends on a complete cliff-hanger. They do a good job making the planet Mira mysterious though, as well as building New LA as a new city developing with the planet and its pre-existing inhabitants.

Torna btw definitely fixes up the anime stuff with a more serious plotline - partly because it's actually focused on its prologue story, although it's also still big on community building sidequests which kinda makes the game feel a lot like Majora's Mask... I'm not the first person to make this comparison! Torna even brings back an Affinity Chart like system in the form of the Community mechanic which is more analogous the Majora's Mask Bomber's Notebook, keeping track of NPC's and who you have or haven't helped out yet. The feature and sidequests in general aren't as fleshed out as Majora's Mask but it definitely gives the vibe of it a lot. The story definitely keeps a more mature tone with absolutely the most emotional ending in the series - of course, building into the eventual events of Xenoblade 2 - while making the sidequesting throughout feel all the more meaningful.
I request affiliated many pipes.
Been a bad girl, I know I am. And I'm so hot, I need a fan. I don't want a boy, I need a man.

User Info: ninkendo

ninkendo
1 month ago#128
If I was planning to replay 2 but haven't played Torna yet should I save it until after my replay or do it 1st and then do the replay
https://imgtc.com/i/iJnhdkc.gif
https://imgtc.com/i/j45EVGx.png
provided you've already beaten xb2 once i'd def do Torna before the replay, then you can take some more note of references/flashbacks during the XB2 playthrough!
I request affiliated many pipes.
Been a bad girl, I know I am. And I'm so hot, I need a fan. I don't want a boy, I need a man.

User Info: andylt

andylt
1 month ago#130
Is it just me or does every area in this game look and sound beautiful at night. Just got to Eryth Sea, watching the meteors or wtv fall from the sky with their Aurora Borealis equivalent lighting up the background.
Slowly becoming a Final Fantasy aficionado.
Currently playing: Xenoblade Chronicles!
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. Playing Xenoblade for the first time
  • Post New Message