• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. Anagram Ranks 145 Waifus: The Top 69 (nice)

User Info: WarThaNemesis2

WarThaNemesis2
1 month ago#51
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/a/user_image/5/7/7/AAQcMAAABjBJ.jpg
Not a stinky alien. :(
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5719-6555-8388

User Info: RySenkari

RySenkari
1 month ago#52
Anagaram posted...
Next Up: A waifu with a lot of hair

Looks like Punzie's number has finally come up.
This signature won't change until Chrono Trigger gets a re-release on a modern Nintendo console.

User Info: Anagaram

Anagaram
1 month ago#53
62. Elvira
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/a/user_image/8/7/8/AAceGvAABjVe.jpg
Series: Elvira’s Movie Macabre
Nominator: Raetsel_Lapin (0/4 remaining)
Personal Familiarity: Yes
Attractiveness: 61 (82/145 tie)
Personality: 60 (55/145 tie)
Girlfriendness: 60 (66/145 tie)
Overall Waifu Score: 60.3
Hair: Black (2/19 remaining)
Eyes: Yellow (4/9 remaining)
Race: White (28/61 remaining)
Medium: Television (0/2 remaining)

Raetsel dead. And with Elvira gone, we have only one remaining live-action waifu.

I guess Elvira counts as a goth waifu, but I don’t really think of her that way. She’s a little too… friendly? She acts absolutely nothing like you would expect her to act based on her image. Her voice also sounds nothing like you’d expect. Like, if you’ve never seen Elvira’s shtick, pull her up on YouTube really fast and listen to her talk for a bit. Also, did you know her real hair color is red? Thank you, TVTropes!

Anyway, as a professional “person who complains about movies a lot,” Elvira is quality. She knows her stuff, she’s funny, and she has zero problems with dressing in a sexy goth Halloween outfit. As far as horror icons go, Elvira is probably #1. Who’s even her competition? One of the random girls Freddy and Jason kill?

I guess part of the appeal of Elvira to me is that I just like watching old crappy horror movies. I’ve watched every single Friday the 13th, and I say this in the kindest possible way: all of those movies are trash. So Elvira wins significant horror points that are probably unfair in a broader waifu ranking.

So, yeah! Elvira. Hard to go wrong with her, highly recommended as a waifu and a source of old bad horror movies you probably shouldn’t watch.

Next Up: A literal waifu
This is an alt.
Elvira is A+ for sure
I've decided to put my fears behind me. I'm not going back.
https://imgur.com/a/du8zgsT - https://imgur.com/a/VTNzDEW

User Info: Raka_Putra

Raka_Putra
1 month ago#55
If you're talking beyond the US, Elvira does have some competition - Sadako, especially (that's the girl from the Ring known to crawl out of TVs). I think Morticia is also up there.
Into the woods, but mind the past...
Into the woods, but mind the future!

User Info: RySenkari

RySenkari
1 month ago#56
Punzie lives!

And Elvira's hot. Good to see her up here.
This signature won't change until Chrono Trigger gets a re-release on a modern Nintendo console.

User Info: Anagram

Anagram
1 month ago#57
Raka_Putra posted...
If you're talking beyond the US, Elvira does have some competition - Sadako, especially (that's the girl from the Ring known to crawl out of TVs). I think Morticia is also up there.
I know there are other female horror icons, but I meant horror waifus specifically. I did forget about Morticia, but Wednesday would probably have done better anyway.

Does Scoovy-Doo count as horror?
Not changing this sig until I decide to change this sig.
Started: July 6, 2005

User Info: banananor

banananor
1 month ago#58
i just watched a trailer for Mistress of the Dark and i'm once again embarrassed for 80s culture!
You did indeed stab me in the back. However, you are only level one, whilst I am level 50. That means I should remain uninjured.

User Info: Raka_Putra

Raka_Putra
1 month ago#59
I would say Scooby-Doo does count as horror FWIW.
Into the woods, but mind the past...
Into the woods, but mind the future!

User Info: Anagaram

Anagaram
1 month ago#60
61. Saki
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/a/user_image/9/6/9/AAceGvAABkVZ.jpg
Series: Legend of Zelda
Nominator: Paratroopa1 (1/4 remaining)
Personal Familiarity: Yes
Attractiveness: 65 (64/145 tie)
Personality: 56 (82/145 tie)
Girlfriendness: 60 (66/145 tie)
Overall Waifu Score: 60.3
Hair: Purple (3/13 remaining)
Eyes: Blue (16/43 remaining)
Race: Furry (2/9 remaining)
Medium: Video Game (47/95 remaining)

If there was an award for “waifu I had to look up the most times to remember who she is,” then Saki is the winner by far. I do enjoy how her Zelda Wiki article is a page long, though, because someone meticulously described every single detail about her and her actions throughout the five seconds she’s in the game. Saki. Saki? This was the best obscure furry waifu you could do? Also, and I can’t believe we’re back to this, are bird furries called featheries or something?

I assume Saki got nominated because, as far as anthropomorphized bird ladies go, she’s probably as hot as you can possibly get. I realize that I gave her the same Attractiveness rating as Rouge the Bat, but they’re hot in different ways, and Saki’s is the better one, sorry. And you know what? I kind of dig the faux-1950s housewife hairstyle she’s got going on. It’s weird, but she makes it work.

There’s not a lot to go on for Personality or Girlfriendness, but from what we see, Saki’s a devoted wife and mother, and even takes the first opportunity to give away her husband’s spare bomb arrows because she’s worried their son will play with them. You know what? Completely reasonable. I don’t even own one bomb arrow, so that won’t be a problem. What, she’s annoyed that her husband is always out training in the cold-ass mountains to fight monsters? Can’t really blame her there, either. It’s clear which one of them is doing the work to maintain this relationship and raise their goddamned kid. When he finally returns after Link does all of the work, her husband is even like “I can’t wait for our son to be a warrior” and she’s like “greeeeeeeeeat.”

When I started this list, I didn’t expect much from Saki, but actually writing out all of her good qualities like this establishes that she’s a pretty decent waifu, all things considered.

Next Up: A waifu with a gender neutral name

This is an alt.
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. Anagram Ranks 145 Waifus: The Top 69 (nice)
  • Post New Message