• Topic Closed
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. Anagram Ranks 145 Waifus: The Top 69 (nice)

User Info: WhiteLens

WhiteLens
2 months ago#41
Aww that horse girl just got featured on a tweet of the official account.

https://twitter.com/uma_musu/status/1365587555517825027

Uma Musume, best known for being a vaporware mobile game that was announced 5 years ago, was memed to hell of being eternally delayed, but it actually released in Japan a few days ago.
Guru for Game of the Decade only comes once every 10 years, congrats, azuarc
F/GO: 271551102; FFRK: 9k6d; FFBE: 886783216; LLSIFAS: 438166726

User Info: Paratroopa1

Paratroopa1
2 months ago#42
Fluttershy_Pony posted...
I'm not seeing any real consensus in the Google results. Wikifur says they're commonly called fishies, while some people consider them a subset of scalies, and at least one person lumps all aquatic fursonas into the "aquatics" category (which feels incredibly lazy for a name, but it's not my place to judge).

So, I don't think there is a definitive answer.
lol nobody says 'fishies'

(nobody says scalies either)

User Info: Anagaram

Anagaram
2 months ago#43
WhiteLens posted...
Aww that horse girl just got featured on a tweet of the official account.

https://twitter.com/uma_musu/status/1365587555517825027

Uma Musume, best known for being a vaporware mobile game that was announced 5 years ago, was memed to hell of being eternally delayed, but it actually released in Japan a few days ago.
I don't quite understand why Japanese gamers seem to like mobile games more than Western gamers, but more power to 'em, I guess. At least it's not pachinko.

This is an alt.

User Info: colliding

colliding
2 months ago#44
azuarc posted...
So, like, when you're picking your character at the beginning, there's 3 dudes and 3 chicks...and each of them hail from a different area, where 3 nations are oppressing 3 others...so there has to be somebody from the nation with the evil overlord sorceress lady, yeah?

Kinda curious who was in your party, though. Like, I guess you don't get much exposure to the other three characters you don't pick, but I still had a minor sense that they were the other characters.

I honestly couldn't tell you the names of who was in my party. Pretty sure it was a thief dude. I played an early emulated version of it literally 20 years ago and forgot nearly everything about it.
while you slept, the world changed

User Info: azuarc

azuarc
2 months ago#45
colliding posted...
I played an early emulated version of it literally 20 years ago and forgot nearly everything about it.

Same, although it wasn't quite as long ago.
Video Game Music Contest 14 champion: Idola Phantasy Star Saga - Endeavour

User Info: WhiteLens

WhiteLens
2 months ago#46
I last played Trials of Mana almost 20 years ago as well and I still remember a good deal about it.

I also played through it multiple times for the different story paths so I remember it decently well.
Guru for Game of the Decade only comes once every 10 years, congrats, azuarc
F/GO: 271551102; FFRK: 9k6d; FFBE: 886783216; LLSIFAS: 438166726

User Info: ZenOfThunder

ZenOfThunder
2 months ago#47
nice
(|| ' ' ||) "Your First Thought" - A (sometimes) daily topic series 'bout thinkin':
. /|_|\ https://bit.ly/YFTB8 [azuarc]

Anagaram
2 months ago#48
63. Makoto Nanaya
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/a/user_image/1/3/8/AAceGvAABi6S.png
Series: BlazBlue
Nominator: Pirateking2000 (1/4 remaining)
Personal Familiarity: Yes
Attractiveness: 73 (40/145)
Personality: 62 (54/145 tie)
Girlfriendness: 45 (95/145)
Overall Waifu Score: 60
Hair: Brown (3/19 remaining)
Eyes: Green (10/22 remaining)
Race: Asian (30/58 remaining)
Medium: Video Game (48/95 remaining)

Let it be known that when I went to google Makoto Nanaya, I accidentally googled Makoto Naegi instead. I’m calling BlazBlue, Danganronpa, and Persona as the holy trinity of weeaboo games. Disagree with this if you dare. All three have a Makoto who's a playable character. Coincidence? I think not.

Makoto’s hotness varies quite a bit by picture. The big issue here is her eyes. In some pics, she looks normal, and in others, her eyes are more semicircle-shaped, which is off-putting for sure. I think in those pics, the artist is trying to emphasize her squirreliness, which is probably a lost cause even with her giant tail and ears. But my rule is to use the best pic of official art in normal costumes, so I went with her humanest picture. Can I just say, though, that Makoto has maybe the biggest case of underboob I’ve ever seen? That cannot be comfortable.

Makoto’s got Standard Anime Waifu Personality #27, that being “enthusiastic, cheerful, loyal, but very dumb girl.” The only time she’s not one of these things is when she gets angry at the main villain for being racist at her, which, okay, but he’s guilty of like destroying dimensions and timelines by that point, that’s the least of his crimes. But hey, she’s a good person and all that, so you can’t really dislike her at all. Like, I imagine it being easy to get along with her, and that’s important.

Makoto’s Girlfriendness is harder to nail down, though. She’s basically an adventurer, but she lives in a world where travel is easy, which reduces some of the issues, but she still spends most of her time fighting world-destroying threats, which, okay, can’t exactly fault her for that. However, in her joke ending, she declares that she wants to have “sixteen kids,” which is waaaaay too many for me, sorry. Can you imagine having sixteen kids? Every day would be a living nightmare even before you factor in the guys who want to destroy the world. According to Google, a squirrel pregnancy lasts 44 days, so this is a threat she can definitely carry out, too. Also, I’d have to replace all of my chairs with ones that let her giant tail poof out of the backs, which is possible, but will be moderately expensive. I don’t even know how she’s going to work in a car.

Overall? I definitely see the appeal Makoto brings to the table, but she seems a little too high-energy for me.
This is an alt.
(edited 2 months ago)

Anagaram
2 months ago#49
Next Up: A waifu with a lot of hair
This is an alt.

User Info: WarThaNemesis2

WarThaNemesis2
2 months ago#50
Next Up, a worse waifu than Mothra.
Not a stinky alien. :(
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5719-6555-8388
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. Anagram Ranks 145 Waifus: The Top 69 (nice)
  • Topic Closed