• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. Magic the Gathering: Kaldheim spoiler season etc

User Info: ChichiriMuyo

ChichiriMuyo
3 months ago#1
I noticed the old topic purged and figured I'd start a new one if anyone is interested.

So with Vega, the Watcher, Saw it Coming, etc and the U/W pathway coming in Kaldheim I can see the return of U/W control as a real possibility. Thankfully WotC seems to have learned from recent sets and made the card draw engine (Vega) a legendary card.

On a non-Kaldheim note I was playing Omniscience draft and got a pack 1 pick 1 Peer into the Abyss. What a ridiculous card in the format. My first game I had it in my opening hand and ended up with more than 20 power on board and I stripped my opponent's hand with a Bad Deal and a Mind Rot. With a Cancel in hand I literally won the game before my opponent even got a turn.
Congrats Azuarc

User Info: pyresword

pyresword
3 months ago#2
Not sure how the Kaldheim cards will shake things up but honestly I think U/W Control right now even is really underrated. I like it more than the Esper Doom Foretold decks that are running around for sure. Admittedly I don't think any full control build is a top tier deck right now, but yeah. (Unless you count Rogues as a control deck which I am not in this context)

Also I've been doing more Zendikar Rising draft and I actually really like the format once you learn what the archetypes are.
I didn't do guru this year but azuarc can be in my sig anyways.

ChichiriMuyo
3 months ago#3
I've got a U/W control deck I've played a little on Arena and it's alright, but it comes up a bit short of what you'd want for the archetype. I think the absolute worst feeling game I had with it was one where my opponent played one of my Dream Trawlers and completely stomped me with it. The deck needs something a little more, especially the f'ing Pathway. It has a lot of good tools, but it takes a lot more to put the game away than I care for.
Congrats Azuarc

User Info: The Mana Sword

The Mana Sword
3 months ago#4
The foretell cards seem really strong to me. Still waiting on the inevitable foretell wrath, but the counter and draw spell are already a great start.
http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/Gylgamesh501.png

User Info: banananor

banananor
3 months ago#5
I'm a little concerned, but hopefully I'm just being melodramatic

The foretell control deck looks like cancer
You did indeed stab me in the back. However, you are only level one, whilst I am level 50. That means I should remain uninjured.

User Info: MoogleKupo141

MoogleKupo141
3 months ago#6
the giant that is basically Sulfuric Vortex while it’s in your graveyard if you have a giant seems like it could be very good

I want to see some cheap changelings to pair with jt
For your Azuarc .
At least Kupo has class and doesn't MESSAGE the people -Dr Pizza
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/a/user_image/0/3/4/AABxG1AABWby.jpg

LMAO, what in the world?
"Ulti, I'm convinced you aren't native to this planet." -ColZach
Embrace perfection: http://www.twitch.tv/ultimaterializerx

User Info: BlackDra90n

BlackDra90n
3 months ago#8
The Thor card is pretty hype.

Also, Phyrexian language Vorinclex mmm.
http://psnprofiles.com/Drayxs

ChichiriMuyo
3 months ago#9
Mystical Reflection has soooo much potential.
Congrats Azuarc

User Info: pyresword

pyresword
3 months ago#10
Maybe weird question but is there any good resource I can use to get info on the lore of MtG? It seems interesting, but I'm somewhat at a loss for how to approach catching up on lore when coming in relatively new to a 30 year old card game.
I didn't do guru this year but azuarc can be in my sig anyways.
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. Magic the Gathering: Kaldheim spoiler season etc
  • Post New Message