• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. B8 Movie Club Topic 1 - subtitle

User Info: Mega Mana

Mega Mana
1 month ago#41
Don't know how well I'd be able to keep up with movie watching. Only have premium cable on demand and Netflix.

Wrote up a top fifty the other day. Top ten is admittedly pretty silly looking.

1. The Good, Bad and the Ugly
2. Captain America: Civil War
3. Captain America: The Winter Soldier
4. Avengers: Infinity War
5. The Empire Strikes Back
6. Star Wars
7. The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers
8. The Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring
9. The Matrix
10. Aliens

"In my headcanon, some staffer saw Trump pull out his phone and start typing so they just Terry Tate Office Linebacker'd him out of his shoes." - FFD

User Info: iiicon

iiicon
1 month ago#42
as a point of clarification earlier, Mother (2009) isn't on Criterion unfortunately. It's the Mikio Naruse Mother from 1952. My mistake!

Mega Mana posted...
Don't know how well I'd be able to keep up with movie watching. Only have premium cable on demand and Netflix.
Do you have a public or school library card? As kate mentioned earlier, kanopy is a service that partners with libraries and offers a wide variety of movies on there for free. Mother is available on the service if your library system has it.

If you're comfortable with using other means, I have a couple invites to a private movie tracker.
ICON:
Kiwami means extreme.

User Info: Aecioo

Aecioo
1 month ago#43
Yeah there are definitely reliable other means to watch stuff!
http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lcb35gGx0t1qailr4o1_500.gif
http://www.megavideo.com/?v=57N0YAEJ

User Info: Camden

Camden
1 month ago#44
iiicon posted...
If you're comfortable with using other means, I have a couple invites to a private movie tracker.

This site is proof that I watch substantially more tv than I do movies, as I'm pretty sure the last movie I got through it was in 2019.
When someone is giving you his opinion, you should receive it with deep gratitude even though it is worthless.
Huh? Finger!? What the hell?

User Info: SwiftyDC

SwiftyDC
1 month ago#45
Oh I forgot to rate Mother.

10/10. These are the type of movies that I love.

dilateDChemist
Last minute changes killed my bracket - still would've got destroyed by azuarc

User Info: kateee

kateee
1 month ago#46
i could have sworn i saw Mother 2009 on Criterion Channel when i had the free trial a while back. i guess they took it off or i'm remembering wrong.

User Info: kateee

kateee
1 month ago#47
oh yeah something i meant to ask earlier to everyone:

1. Have you seen this film (Mother 2009) before?

and

2. Have you seen any of Bong Joon-ho's other films before? I was assuming most of you had already seen Parasite but who knows! Snowpiercer is probably his other most known one but it's definitely different among his other films.

User Info: jcgamer107

jcgamer107
1 month ago#48
1. No
2. Snowpiercer was just OK, Parasite was really good
azuarc wasn't even home. he was playing Magic the Gathering at his buddy's store, which is extremely easy to verify

User Info: Camden

Camden
1 month ago#49
kateee posted...
oh yeah something i meant to ask earlier to everyone:

1. Have you seen this film (Mother 2009) before?

and

2. Have you seen any of Bong Joon-ho's other films before? I was assuming most of you had already seen Parasite but who knows! Snowpiercer is probably his other most known one but it's definitely different among his other films.

1. Nope
  2. Haven't seen Parasite either, but I have seen Snowpiercer, The Host and Memories of Murder.
When someone is giving you his opinion, you should receive it with deep gratitude even though it is worthless.
Huh? Finger!? What the hell?

User Info: SwiftyDC

SwiftyDC
1 month ago#50
  1. Nope, went in blind. Didn’t know anything about it other than it’s a Bong movie.
  2. Yes, Parasite and Snowpiercer. I’ve seen parts of The Host but wasn’t really paying attention (it was on at work).

dilateDChemist
Last minute changes killed my bracket - still would've got destroyed by azuarc
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. B8 Movie Club Topic 1 - subtitle
  • Post New Message