• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. B8 Movie Club Topic 1 - subtitle

User Info: Johnbobb

Johnbobb
1 month ago#241
Camden posted...
Boy, looking at the wiki article makes Guardians sound like an absolute s*** show, so I feel almost obligated to put it on the top of my list. Doubt it gets chosen, but I think the real question is should I watch with subs or dub.
I would go dub, partially because it only adds to the fun.

The other four are movies I chose mostly because I thought they are good. Guardians is the opposite.
Khal Kirby, warlord of the Super Star Khalasar
PSN/Steam: CheddarBBQ https://goo.gl/Diw2hs

User Info: Seginustemple

Seginustemple
1 month ago#242
Gotta vote for Killing of a Sacred Deer, one I've been meaning to watch for a while. I'll get to In Bruges later today.

As for consistently funny movies I think plenty are never transcendentally hilarious but consistently hit their mark. Raising Arizona is solidly funny all the way through. Black Dynamite, Austin Powers, Airplane!, and Loaded Weapon 1 are pitch-perfect spoofs, and I think the Adam West Batman gets funnier with every new gritty iteration of the character. Dr. Strangelove and The Apartment have consistently effective black comedy but aren't necessarily laugh-out-loud funny. Swiss Army Man is just a giant fart joke but it had me laughing most of the time (which maybe says more about me but damnit it was a well-executed fart joke)

The unfunniest comedy that comes to mind is Police Academy and it blows my mind they made seven of those sons of b****es. People were just gobbling that s*** up in the 80's!
You bow to no one, azuarc
I'm down for:

The Killing of a Sacred Dear
Thoroughbreds (at least according to my search, this is on hulu for streaming as well!)
Guardians (it is also on something called "Tubi" under their free tier, I think)

The other two I don't think I could easily get to. These aren't in any order and whatever more people want is fine with me!
Moops?
"I thought you were making up diseases? That's spontaneous dental hydroplosion."
Also thanks again kateee for listing the streaming options - it makes it much easier for me!
Moops?
"I thought you were making up diseases? That's spontaneous dental hydroplosion."

User Info: kateee

kateee
1 month ago#245
oh. Thoroughbreds is on hulu if you have the livetv addon which is why it doesn't show up on justwatch

User Info: jcgamer107

jcgamer107
1 month ago#246
Guardians

that's my vote
azuarc wasn't even home. he was playing Magic the Gathering at his buddy's store, which is extremely easy to verify

User Info: iiicon

iiicon
1 month ago#247
The Killing of a Sacred Deer
How to Talk to Girls at Parties
Thoroughbreds

Watching In Bruges later tonight, sorry I'm a bit late this week!
ICON:
Kiwami means extreme.

User Info: kateee

kateee
1 month ago#248
there's no real deadline to watch stuff by so no worries

User Info: iiicon

iiicon
1 month ago#249
https://gamefaqs1.cbsistatic.com/user_image/2/5/8/AAMjyOAABZLK.jpg

these are the kinds of things you look up when you have kids and wonder if you should wait until they fall asleep to watch because they're in earshot of the tv

anyway, I rewatched it! I think it still holds up as this weird relic of 2000s Guy Ritchie-esque movies that used to come out on a consistent basis, and it's probably the best of the lot. I gave it an 8.

I think I might finally get around to watching Seven Psychopaths after this.
ICON:
Kiwami means extreme.

User Info: CoolCly

CoolCly
1 month ago#250
This is an interesting batch of movies. There's a fantastical bend that they all have in common somehow (except Guardians).

I actually think the Guardians trailer looks *amazing* - but I already know about this films terrible reception. I wonder what actually goes wrong - are the effects much worse than they seem in the trailer? I think the character designs, landscapes, and action all look great - a lot more interesting than the average Hollywood CGI movie which is very unusual to find from other producers of live action. Is the writing and acting just terrible? I feel like a halfway decent script would be enough to make this a fun watch if the effects hold up from the trailer... I'm not really big on watching bad movies though, so i'll pass on voting it.

Thoroughbreds is my vote. This movie looks great.
The batman villians all seem to be one big joke that batman refuses to laugh at - SantaRPG
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. B8 Movie Club Topic 1 - subtitle
  • Post New Message