• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. Post Each Time You Beat a Game: 2021 Edition

User Info: Simoun

Simoun
1 month ago#201
I don't wanna start fights but imo its 2>1>3

The minigames are fine. It was the first implementation of such design in an Insomniac game that you would see later on in Ratchet and Clank so I can forgive some of it for being dastardly. Despite that, they still aren't impossible. Although I gotta be honest, playing re-ignited on the PC is very cathartic because the mouse is mapped to right analog stick and it basically trivializes almost all the minigames.

The first Spyro was a magical trip, but it was just too basic in hindsight. It started the collectathon genre for me that wouldn't be perfected until Psychonauts. And it showcased Insomniac's ability to make great music and worlds. But it was mostly an exercise in run jump glide and didn't have a personality of its own. I would still play it, moreover the remake. But I would def play 2 more.
It's not so cliche anymore when it's happening to you.

User Info: SpoinkRulezz

SpoinkRulezz
1 month ago#202
Mega Man Zero 3 (Switch)

Ohhh yes. First time I've ever played Zero 3 and it's easily the best one so far. I was actually interested in a Mega Man story here, the Cyber Elf system is much more forgiving, plenty of unique stages that also tie in great with the story and it's also the longest MMZ game yet. I feel like this is basically a perfect Mega Man title. Bosses were fun as well (final bosses were really cool compared to MMZ2) although I felt some weren't balanced that well and their attack animations were too quick to read them and learn a pattern. Nevertheless, best MMZ yet. Now unto MMZ4!

Currently playing - Mega Man Zero/ZX Legacy Collection (Switch), Super Mario 3D World (Switch), Octopath Traveler (Switch)
InSIGnificant mesSIGe

User Info: SpoinkRulezz

SpoinkRulezz
1 month ago#203
Mega Man Zero 4 (Switch)

And that completes the Zero series! This one is probably my least favourite, even though it's better than 1. Stage design was often fairly dull or repetitive. Bosses were interesting, and more complex, but also slower to fight and a mixed bag in terms of difficulty (some extremely easy, others unforgiving with some of their attacks patterns or abilities). This one felt more like an X game in many ways. The trailers were a very lame base and I didn't enjoy the story in this one either. Oh well, it's still solid. Overall I think I enjoyed it 3>2>1>4, but quality-wise it's probably more like 3>2>4>1 (and even 4>2 wouldn't be a weird choice). Now I have ZX and ZX Advent left, and I have beaten and enjoyed ZX before.
Currently playing - Mega Man Zero/ZX Legacy Collection (Switch), Super Mario 3D World (Switch), Octopath Traveler (Switch)
InSIGnificant mesSIGe
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: Simoun

Simoun
1 month ago#204
I still remember playing MMZ4 and being very sad when I found out that was the last game in the series. Like in MMBN6.
It's not so cliche anymore when it's happening to you.

User Info: KCF0107

KCF0107
1 month ago#205
The Shapeshifting Detective (PS4)

There are some unskippable, repetitive stuff that wears thin quickly that is exacerbated by aimlessness in the investigation due to its linear progression. However, this was more interesting than the other FMV game that I've played (Late Shift).
KCF can't actually be a real person but he is - greengravy
If you smell what the rock is cooking he's cooking crap - ertyu
Luigi's Mansion 3

This was pretty great. Never played Dark Moon, but this was certainly a huge step up from the original. Love the creativity of every floor and the wildly differing bosses. Those actually got pretty challenging later on (I never bought the gold bone power-ups because I wanted as much cash as possible by the end). Ended up with just over 100k - I took my time and collected all the gems and every Boo and everything. Shame there isn't a better reward for getting an A rank, but that's not too big of a complaint.

Today I started The Messenger on Game Pass and hot damn this game is already top tier. The writing has made me laugh out loud a ton too.
- Blur -
Welcome to your Divinity.

User Info: RyoCaliente

RyoCaliente
1 month ago#207
Star Wars: Republic Commando (XBO(X)

This game is a fun enough time. The guns feel pretty good, and there's enough of a challenge that creates a tension and fits with the universe. Jedi's had it "easy" against droids, clones less so. The tactical system works but isn't super in-depth; mostly it's just assigning areas as you see them, with the occasional fight where you have to figure out which position is the best.

The game only has three missions so it's pretty short overall, but the missions themselves do go on for quite a while, again giving a good tension to the action as you're never sure when you're in the clear. The story is really just a vehicle for the action, the graphics look better than I expected and the sound is Star Wars.
How paralyzingly dull, boring and tedious!
Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask (3DS)

Replay
Congrats to azuarc, GotD2 Guru champ!

User Info: BlackDra90n

BlackDra90n
1 month ago#209
Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition (PS4)

Never played a Tomb Raider game before but I have the most recent reboot trilogy so decided to give it a try. I liked it for the most part, gameplay was fun and the story was ok. Not a huge fan of the supernatural aspect though.

By far the worst part about the game was the camera though. It was so shaky that it made me nauseous.
http://psnprofiles.com/Drayxs

User Info: GOGZero

GOGZero
1 month ago#210
Polyroll (Switch)

You play as Polyroll, a pill bug that has to rescue his friends from the evil Kaiser Kiwi.

This game is heavily inspired by Sonic the Hedgehog. It focuses more on the platforming than the speed. It has a couple of unique mechanics of it's own that it can stand on it's own feet, like the wall jump mechanic after you do a spin dash towards a wall and a few of the power ups.

Graphics are nice and colorful. Boss fights were also fun. Game controlled well.
I enjoyed it and recommend it.
The reason why you couldn't see my Signature before is because it was Invisible
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. Post Each Time You Beat a Game: 2021 Edition
  • Post New Message