• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. Final Fantasy Record Keeper Topic 49: 17 Gilgameshs! How many can you beat?

User Info: Lopen

Lopen
4 weeks ago#211
https://gamefaqs1.cbsistatic.com/user_image/0/2/4/AAAlMSAABDJQ.jpg

Three syncs + gen 2 chain eat this guy alive. Not sure why I didn't do this one earlier. Got my 4 echoes now but will probably try to kill him with all 8 (9???)
No problem!
This is a cute and pop genocide of love!
I can sub10 Ixion pretty easy for max greens, already bought everything I wanted from the shop. I have to use Ignus' chain as a RW for the last since Ixion is too fast and imperils to kill me before I can kill him without last stand unless I get lucky enough with dualcasts I can kill him before the third Thor's Hammer.

https://gamefaqs1.cbsistatic.com/user_image/2/2/1/AADoKzAABDb9.jpg

I also got Maria's HA since the dreambreaker is next week, might as well help kill Ixion quicker.

https://gamefaqs1.cbsistatic.com/user_image/2/2/2/AADoKzAABDb-.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/6AevF0Y.gif
LOL!!!! I hope that's a joke....names don't get more n00bish than that
(edited 4 weeks ago)
Last day of the dream selects, and I'm still not sure what to pick for an Awakening! I'm eyeing like seven...

Edgar would help in the dream breaker because this boss null fires a bunch.

Rinoa or Edea to deal with Magic Valefor.

Ace for double cap break shenanigans with his sync (or in case it's a long fight and his hones run out)

Aria might be the main thing that could get me a dreakbreaker win.

Vayne because my FF12 DPS is behind and he can help with magic Alexander.

I wish Ysayle's Awakening was selectable though, that would get me the FF14 DB and Magic Valefor... *sigh*

User Info: Kaxon

Kaxon
4 weeks ago#214
I think I'm just skipping this one (again), I'll do the sync select when we get that.
I made a living on time trial blowing myself off to cross the finish line at ludicrous speed. -transience

Lopen
4 weeks ago#215
I'm having trouble deciding which second glint and LMR to grab since I did 3 dream selects (already got Vanille Awakening, Genesis Glint+, and Locke Dualcast LMR)

Big thing is I have a ton of tickets for refresh and I'm going to use those on realm tickets, and most things I want aren't immediate and/or in a realm I'll probably throw a lot of tickets at (FFII, FFIV, FFVII, FFX, FFXIII)

I'm thinking maybe Fran's Dualcast to help me with Valefor (my Fran seems like she'll be a better imperiler than Laguna, though I could get Laguna's Imperil Ice LMR instead but I have Fran's good party quickcast imperil ultra too) and no real idea on the Glint.
No problem!

User Info: mccheyne

mccheyne
4 weeks ago#216
Finally took on dark-weak Dark Odin. Ended up killing him, making it 7/8 now (just wind weak left), but even with a fairly OP physical dark team, still gave me some issues.

Sephiroth (AASB/USB2, Sync)
Orlandu (AASB/USB)
Tyro (USB3/USB1/AASB)
Elarra (AASB/USB1)
Seifer (CSB/USB the one that hits 18 times)
MM: Ark
RW: Mage

Seph AASB/USB2 combo carried almost all of phase 2 once it got going (had to use one mage to break rage down), and then used sync ASAP in phase 3. Thankfully, I had re-upped chain before the phase 3 interrupt, and Seph's first hit of his HA broke into phase 3, so I got another free one, and then a DC of taboo raid from Orlandu somehow before the interrupt. Killed him with a Orlandu USB right after the third elemental drive.

I have USB1/Sync Cloud, plus either Faris or Zack chain, and Zidane AASB as support, but the bar wind stacks and quakeja spam makes me hesitate for wind-weak.

I also really should do some more torments as well, mainly for the rubies if nothing else. The only ones I've sub30ed all 3 difficulties are V, VII, VIII, X, XIII, XV, T. In terms of ones left...

I: I have WoL AASB, and not a whole lot else
II: Maria and Emperor AASBs here
III: Luneth and OK AASBs, good healing stuff for Arc
IV: Got a 33.21 kill on D???, so just some tweaking here I think
VI: That sleep attack is worrisome, but Celes and Terra AASBs can carry the damage, Mog AASB to support
IX: Zidane AASB with Quina AASB as support. Have Vivi and Kuja's AASBs as well, though not sure how I'd work them in
XI: Shantotto and Ayame AASBs as DPS, Aphmau AASB for healing
XII: Ashe AASB yolo damage
XIV: Same as above, but Alph instead
T0: Got some newer stuff recently, including Rem AASB, so may have a shot here

Not changing this sig until the Winnipeg Blue Bombers win the grey cup. Started Aug. 16/04
WINNIPEG BLUE BOMBERS 2019 GREY CUP CHAMPIONS!!

Lopen
4 weeks ago#217
https://gamefaqs1.cbsistatic.com/user_image/5/8/7/AAAlMSAABDxT.jpg

A win is a win. Had to get Fran's LMR with dream selection as well as Celes's USB3 with lenses but yeah. Squall's Fire Awakening (followed by Ice Glint) was useful to kill the tornados in phase 2 with Renzokuken and still have his Sync for the rest of the fight. Significantly squishier than the other magicites helped me finish the fight (probably cause of all those darn goons) as well as Snow's Sync in the final stretch + Squall and Celes arcanes for burst.

Probably won't be too bad to get the other copies though.
No problem!
(edited 4 weeks ago)
God f***ing dammit I forgot to pick an Awakening from the dream select!! s***! s***! s***!

I really f***ing hate the dream breaker meta! Having to juggle 17 realms and dealing with BS mechanics makes picking a relic so crucial that you overthink and run out of time.

Guess all I can do is hope it gives me something decent from the random, or at least not a dupe.
(edited 4 weeks ago)

Lopen
4 weeks ago#219
Oops. I thought I was bad cause I forgot to pick my second glint. My condolences. Hope you don't get garbage. I at least got one Glint I really wanted so not a huge deal if I get crap.
No problem!

User Info: Kaxon

Kaxon
4 weeks ago#220
mccheyne posted...
I also really should do some more torments as well, mainly for the rubies if nothing else. The only ones I've sub30ed all 3 difficulties are V, VII, VIII, X, XIII, XV, T. In terms of ones left...

I: I have WoL AASB, and not a whole lot else
II: Maria and Emperor AASBs here
III: Luneth and OK AASBs, good healing stuff for Arc
IV: Got a 33.21 kill on D???, so just some tweaking here I think
VI: That sleep attack is worrisome, but Celes and Terra AASBs can carry the damage, Mog AASB to support
IX: Zidane AASB with Quina AASB as support. Have Vivi and Kuja's AASBs as well, though not sure how I'd work them in
XI: Shantotto and Ayame AASBs as DPS, Aphmau AASB for healing
XII: Ashe AASB yolo damage
XIV: Same as above, but Alph instead
T0: Got some newer stuff recently, including Rem AASB, so may have a shot here

Any Awakening should be good enough for Torment since they were released in the USB era.
I made a living on time trial blowing myself off to cross the finish line at ludicrous speed. -transience
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. Final Fantasy Record Keeper Topic 49: 17 Gilgameshs! How many can you beat?
  • Post New Message