• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. So apparently Sonic the Hedgehog is one of the better video game movies.

User Info: INCEPTlON

INCEPTlON
1 week ago#1
https://www.ign.com/articles/sonic-the-hedgehog-review-3

count me in
FC: SW-8288-8096-1115

User Info: Kinglicious

Kinglicious
1 week ago#2
Seeing it tonight.
The King Wang.
Listen up Urinal Cake. I already have something that tells me if I'm too drunk when I pee on it: My friends. - Colbert.

User Info: LeonhartFour

LeonhartFour
1 week ago#3
that's not a high bar to clear but I'm impressed people seem to think it's actually worth watching
http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/001/080/145/638.png
https://i.imgur.com/WqDcNNq.png

User Info: Mac Arrowny

Mac Arrowny
1 week ago#4
https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/sonic_the_hedgehog_2020

Currently at 69% on Rotten Tomatoes.
All the stars in the sky are waiting for you.

INCEPTlON
1 week ago#5
It was an automatic watch for me, so this just makes it better.

Sonic the Hedgehog 2 was my first game ever and Sonic in general is what got me into video games. Video games are also a huge part of the reason I made it though an extremely depressing childhood.

I owe a lot to the blue blur.
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: Steiner

Steiner
1 week ago#6
Sonic was my first video game and the only movies I watched as a child were Jim Carrey ones. Child me would be obsessed with this.

Probably still won't watch it though lol
Advokaiser makes me feel eternal. All this pain is an illusion.

INCEPTlON
1 week ago#7
Steiner posted...
Sonic was my first video game and the only movies I watched as a child were Jim Carrey ones. Child me would be obsessed with this.

Probably still won't watch it though lol

I can definitely understand why anyone wouldn’t want to watch it. It’s another “fictional character in the real world” movie and it’s a very very very tired plot line.

You’re not kidding though about the seeing it as a child thing though. I must have watched the Mask and Ace Ventura every other day as a kid. I would be going crazy for this movie at that age.

User Info: BlackMageJawa

BlackMageJawa
1 week ago#8
INCEPTlON posted...

I can definitely understand why anyone wouldn’t want to watch it. It’s another “fictional character in the real world” movie and it’s a very very very tired plot line.

You’re not kidding though about the seeing it as a child thing though. I must have watched the Mask and Ace Ventura every other day as a kid. I would be going crazy for this movie at that age.

That's part of the problem for me- Jim Carrey is just being Jim Carrey again. It's not Sonic vs Robotnik, it's Sonic vs Ace Ventura, Stanley Ipkiss, Truman Burbank and every other comedy character Carrey has ever played because they're all exactly the same and none of them bear the slightest resemblance to Dr. Robotnik.
The shattered stage is set and there's a role you must fulfil

User Info: MoogleKupo141

MoogleKupo141
1 week ago#9
What i’ve read makes it sound like an ok kids movie, but not something I would really enjoy now.
For your BK_Sheikah00.
At least Kupo has class and doesn't MESSAGE the people -Dr Pizza

User Info: XIII_rocks

XIII_rocks
1 week ago#10
Apparently he gets more Robotnik later on in the movie

But I'm fine with Carrey Robotnik either way. It's not like his characterization is legendary. Yes, the design of the character is legendary and yes, his place as Sonic's antagonist is a big deal. But he is not some nuanced role with all these subtle intricacies that I'm interested in seeing an intense character study of and that I need to be played by some unholy lovechild of Laurence Olivier and Daniel Day Lewis. Let's not overstate what Dr Robotnik is.
Not to be confused with XIII_Stones.
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. So apparently Sonic the Hedgehog is one of the better video game movies.
  • Post New Message