• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. Name a character and I will rate them: 2020 Edition

User Info: Murphiroth

Murphiroth
3 weeks ago#31
Akira Nishikiyama (Yakuza)
http://goforbeau.com/

User Info: scarletspeed7

scarletspeed7
3 weeks ago#32
AvaGames posted...
Tanya von Deguruchaff (Youjo Senki)
No Familiarity - Appearance Rating: 58/100
I have very little to no familiarity with almost all anime. It's just a genre with which I've never been captivated. In fact, I really only find it enjoyable when I watch with someone else. Most of the time, this comes from the strange pacing of those shows, including the weird pauses between lines. Oftentimes, it's as if characters are incapable of changing a facial expression while also talking. One, then the other. In any event, this design seems like a militant child, something that I would likely not like by-and-large. Children belong to the Milford Academy.

Lolo_Guru posted...
Oscar the Grouch (Sesame Street)
Oscar the Grouch (Sesame Street)
As a child, I didn't watch Sesame Street, but I don't think that's a negative. I personally preferred to read whenever I could and only developed an unhealthy fixation with television in late high school. With that said, it is probably understandable that I don't experience the pangs of nostalgia that would color the lenses of my critical glasses. I can see why a child might enjoy Oscar the Grouch, and I respect what Oscar the Grouch can be used for in the teaching of young people, but I also one-note characters - especially overly negative ones. And I don't like puppets.
Rating: 18/100

MetalmindStats posted...
John Wick
John Wick (John Wick)
It's fair to say that John Wick is not some sort of literary icon, bursting with hidden complexities, but as an action hero, you cannot go wrong. The motivation is intimate and impactful, something everyone can understand and sympathize with, if not empathize. His unbridled rage is channeled in cold, calculating brutality, pinpointing his targets of anger carefully. A vigilante he is not, but his tactics are not villainous. They are heroic in a world of hopelessness and devoid of real morality. This makes John Wick a hero. What makes him a great character is the length directors can go to give him artistic flair, to bedeck him in the trappings of the beauty of violence presented in just the right way, and that makes me a fan.
Rating: 86/100
"It is too easy being monsters. Let us try to be human." ~Victor Frankenstein, Penny Dreadful

scarletspeed7
3 weeks ago#33
TotallyNotMI posted...
Helena Bertenelli
Huntress (Helena Bertinelli) (DC Comics)
My formative comic book years came in 2002 and 2003, a time when I could pick up all of Helena's early career moves in volume form and experience drawn out serialized stories as single tomes. For me, Helena is a beautiful, unhinged demon that menaces Gotham City in a different way than someone like Catwoman. She's more dangerous, first of all. She bays for blood, and unlike Batman, she sees her war as one against people. Batman's war is one for people. A foil in many respects, Batman has restraint that Huntress lacks the compunction to find. Instead, she aggressively breaks every rule in the Batbook and then fails to understand why that ruins her connections to Batman. The fact that she was fired from the Justice League really speaks volumes for her inability to have self-control. A madwoman. A zealot.
Rating: 85/100

Great_Paul posted...
Sly Cooper
Sly Cooper (Sly Cooper)
Sly comes from that generation after Crash Bandicoot where the writing starts to improve in children's games and we get some polish to personalities. This doesn't particularly translate to good storytelling but at least the anchors of the titles are not completely devoid of any dimension. Sly's design draws you into his burglar ways, and who doesn't enjoy a good heist? Alas, however, the heists with Sly aren't good, but merely average, and after finishing any Sly game, he sinks into the forgettable middle ground of video game history. Still, in his moment, he was a fairly good character
Rating: 62/100

Murphiroth posted...
Akira Nishikiyama (Yakuza)
Akira Nisihikiyama (Yakuza)
In fact, I have only played one single Yakuza game, Yakuza 0, but I did enjoy it. The storytelling was complex but never complicated. In a lot of ways, it reminded me of old movies like Hard-Boiled and Police Story, coupled with Sleeping Dogs in some respects. Ultimately, I do enjoy explorations of gangs and crime, and Nishiki proved to be a great foil for Kazuma Kiryu and an interesting character in his own right.
Rating: 77/100
"It is too easy being monsters. Let us try to be human." ~Victor Frankenstein, Penny Dreadful

User Info: MetalmindStats

MetalmindStats
3 weeks ago#34
Indiana Jones
"I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people who do."
You won the CBX Guru Contest, Advokaiser! Bully for you!

scarletspeed7
3 weeks ago#35
MetalmindStats posted...
Indiana Jones
Indiana Jones (Indiana Jones)
One of the greatest adventure stars in the history of cinema, Indiana Jones is often overlooked as a very intelligent character. His passion to protect history really anchors his him despite his dangerous career choices and perilous pursuits. Knowledge. It motivates Jones in almost every respect. In fact, that is why I so enjoy his relationship with his father. Henry and Indy are so wonderfully alike and yet, the occasional monomania both can display drove a wedge between them at a young age. Perhaps, as a young man, we would have seen Henry Jones Sr. as a swashbuckling star like his son became decades later. And yet, in his only appearance, Henry comes across as cantankerous and set in his ways. Much in the way Indiana becomes when he first encounters his own son.
Rating: 98/100

User Info: Underleveled

Underleveled
3 weeks ago#36
Shaun (Shaun of the Dead)
darkx

User Info: hombad46

hombad46
3 weeks ago#37
Baby Yoda
"That's Engarde hairflip metal detector tier btw"
-XIII_rocks

User Info: ertyu0078

ertyu0078
3 weeks ago#38
How about the other tornadoman the one from mega man 9 then thow that one stinks compared to mines

User Info: JONALEON1

JONALEON1
3 weeks ago#39
MJF
Advokaiser was wiser against all the other Gurus!

User Info: IfGodCouldDie

IfGodCouldDie
3 weeks ago#40
Lenny and Carl(The Simpsons)

I included both because they are Lenny and Carl. If that's unacceptable just do Lenny.
Mind post. XBL:Cyanide Sucker PSN:IfGodCouldDie IGN:SuperPattyCakes FC: SW-1615-6159-5504
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. Name a character and I will rate them: 2020 Edition
  • Post New Message