• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. Contest Stats and Discussion - Part 1326

User Info: LusterSoldier

LusterSoldier
1 month ago#251
creativename posted...
Thanks to Luster for letting me know about this contest.

Huh, apparently I won 10th prize in the last main contest. Didn’t even realize I hadn’t logged in since then, so I didn’t get the notification.

Says the prize would be sent to my email, but I don’t remember getting any email.

The prize is sent to the email address listed on your account info here:

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/user/mailpass

It may have been sent to a different email than the one you use most often.
Luster Soldier --- ~Shield Bearer~ | ~Data Analyst~
Popular at school, but not as cool as Advokaiser, Guru Champ!
IGN are hosting a poll on their youtube channel for game of the decade.

After 600k votes:-

GTA 5 - 33%
Witcher 3 - 24%
LoZ BotW - 16%
Last of Us - 14%
RDR 2 - 13%
Well done to Advokaiser for finishing 104 places above me in the 2018 CBX Guru Contest!

User Info: Not_Wylvane

Not_Wylvane
1 month ago#253
Huh, a new contest. Guess I should start following this topic again.
Let's Play Octopath Traveler (SSLP)
https://mega64.net/index.php/lp/ot
creativename posted...
Thanks to Luster for letting me know about this contest.

Huh, apparently I won 10th prize in the last main contest. Didn’t even realize I hadn’t logged in since then, so I didn’t get the notification.

Says the prize would be sent to my email, but I don’t remember getting any email.

Anybody know what the prize was? I assume it’s probably way too late to try and collect now.
I got a $100 amazon gift card for being iirc the 9th place prize entry for Years, so I’d guess that
Congrats to Advokaiser for winning the CBX Guru Challenge!
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: Advokaiser

Advokaiser
1 month ago#255
Yesterday's poll almost reached 13k. I hope votals go up on the next several weeks as well.
It's an honor being part of Board 8's community.

User Info: Yuri_LowelI

Yuri_LowelI
1 month ago#256
Cavedweller2000 posted...
IGN are hosting a poll on their youtube channel for game of the decade.

After 600k votes:-

GTA 5 - 33%
Witcher 3 - 24%
LoZ BotW - 16%
Last of Us - 14%
RDR 2 - 13%

jesus. Good thing I’m not part of IGNs community. Friggin Death Stranding won their GOTY. Their site and community are an embarrassment.
http://k09.kn3.net/1256263BF.gif
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: Advokaiser

Advokaiser
1 month ago#257
If the PS5 is backwards-compatible with every past system, I'm definitely in. Otherwise, not interested.
It's an honor being part of Board 8's community.

User Info: linid0t

linid0t
1 month ago#258
Advokaiser posted...
If the PS5 is backwards-compatible with every past system, I'm definitely in. Otherwise, not interested.

The one ultra negative aspect with true BC is that every ps1-ps3 game out there that has held relative value will double overnightm

User Info: LusterSoldier

LusterSoldier
1 month ago#259
PS5 is going to be backwards compatible with PS4, so that's good news for those who don't have a PS4 yet.

It's not very likely to have native hardware-based compatibility for the earlier systems before PS4. To support PS1, PS2, and PS3 means including extra hardware inside the PS5 to emulate those earlier systems. Playing games from the earlier systems will require the use of PlayStation Now, a cloud gaming service.
Luster Soldier --- ~Shield Bearer~ | ~Data Analyst~
Popular at school, but not as cool as Advokaiser, Guru Champ!

User Info: LadyVyxx

LadyVyxx
1 month ago#260
LusterSoldier posted...
PS5 is going to be backwards compatible with PS4, so that's good news for those who don't have a PS4 yet.

It's not very likely to have native hardware-based compatibility for the earlier systems before PS4. To support PS1, PS2, and PS3 means including extra hardware inside the PS5 to emulate those earlier systems. Playing games from the earlier systems will require the use of PlayStation Now, a cloud gaming service.

This is most likely the case. I doubt there are enough people with a physical PSX library left to make the price difference count (in sonys eyes anyways)

Now I'm going to say we really need a Metal Gear Solid IV HD port for PS5
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. Contest Stats and Discussion - Part 1326
  • Post New Message