• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. Post Each Time You Beat a Game: 2020 Edition

User Info: ViolentAbacus

ViolentAbacus
1 month ago#161
Monument Valley 2

A puzzle game that deals with optical illusions. The puzzles generally aren't too challenging, but was a neat game. Played the first one a year or two ago.
https://backloggery.com/zayakza

User Info: WickIebee

WickIebee
1 month ago#162
On this day, 6 years ago, I made my backloggery account. Today, without realizing it, I chose to finally beat the final boss I've been prepared for, for probably two weeks now. Fun to beat a game on the anniversary of my backlog. Especially this one.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Wii U)

For those that know me, you'll know that The Legend of Zelda is my favorite series. And while disappointed at Calamity Ganon and Dark Beast Ganon, compared to some other bosses through the series... it doesn't change what Breath of the Wild did. It gave me an open world with a challenging way to exploring it without making everything you do overwhelming at times, unlike a game I get frustrated at whenever it's complimented. It gave me nostalgia of many games throughout the series with its music and locations. It gave a lot of character in both its NPCs and its generic enemies. It's easily my game of last decade... As long as something doesn't exceed all of that.
I'll just go back to gifs. Not like the winner was gonna click my topic.
https://i.imgur.com/SXyi7uX.gifv

User Info: KCF0107

KCF0107
1 month ago#163
Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite (XB1)

The only MvC game that I've played was the one out in arcades like 20 years ago. I guess this wasn't positively received? I had fun with it though. I only went through story mode, arcade mode a few times, one online match (which I won and decided to retire undefeated), and many one-off vs matches, but I found my core group of five:

- Chris Redfield
- Sir Arthur
- Gamora
- Spider-Man
- Iron Man

My best combo is Chris and Spider-Man, with the former being my favorite to play as in the game.
KCF can't actually be a real person but he is - greengravy
If you smell what the rock is cooking he's cooking crap - ertyu

KCF0107
1 month ago#164
Super Bomberman R (XB1)

I had only played one game in the series before. It was either Bomberman Online or Generation, but I think it was the former as I feel like it was on Dreamcast.

Online is dead in this game, so I couldn't try it out, but I mostly enjoyed my brief time with story mode. I ended up having to go with beginner difficulty after the first or second planet. Their boss fights come in two forms, and the first one is absolute bulls***. I kept trying to corner them or box them inside a bunch of bombs, but they always managed to break free or place an ill-timed bomb to thwart my plans. I basically had to be a suicide bomber, and why difficulty matters is because unbeknownst to me, you have to pay a pretty penny to continue on non-beginner difficulties. I had already spent my money reserves on the in-game shop, so I had to go with beginner difficulty due to the negligent monetary costs.

User Info: 249USDollars

249USDollars
1 month ago#165
Yo-kai Watch 2: Bony Spirits (3DS)

Kinda lame how the plot was kinda rehashed or redone from the first game for certain segments. Still enjoyable though especially when the Crank-a-kai RNG gods smile down on you.

User Info: Simoun

Simoun
1 month ago#166
Nancy Drew 28: Ghost of Thornton Hall (PC)

Masterful. I can see why alot of the ND fans put this on the top of their lists. Basically, they took 3 old ND Games (Crystal Skull, Castle Malloy, and Blackmoor Manor), combined and rehashed their plots, upped the scary, and redid the twist to suit the tone (previously they were all sort of silly and predictable), turning the plot into something more melodramatic and dark. I came into this late because I wasn't ready for scares but was glad to see that it wasn't like Water's Edge. No annoying puzzles too except the last 2 which were rehashes of old puzzles.
It's not so cliche anymore when it's happening to you.

User Info: Kenri

Kenri
1 month ago#167
Child of Light (Switch)

Fairly fun JRPG. Felt like it was about half throwback, half new.
Congrats to BKSheikah, who knows more about years than anyone else.

User Info: Kenri

Kenri
1 month ago#168
Outland (Steam)

Kind of weak as a Metroidvania, but solid on its own merits.
Congrats to BKSheikah, who knows more about years than anyone else.

KCF0107
1 month ago#169
Old Man's Journey (XB1)

I played and dropped this last year. Seeing it on Game Pass, I decided to give it a second shot. It was okay.

User Info: ViolentAbacus

ViolentAbacus
1 month ago#170
KCF0107 posted...
Old Man's Journey (XB1)

It was okay.

Pretty much my thoughts on it.
https://backloggery.com/zayakza
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests