• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. Post Each Time You Beat a Game: 2020 Edition

User Info: KCF0107

KCF0107
2 months ago#1
It is really simple. Just post each time you beat a game throughout the year and the platform you played it on. Do not hesitate to add some discussion in regards to the games you or others beat.

At the bottom of this post is a link to a Google word doc that you are free to edit to immortalize your gaming accomplishments. Feel free to tinker with your color, font, and/or bulletpoint/numbering options, but do know that users are supposed to be in alphabetical order.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1hKUEYYqdR79Y-sGxiL93ZMRJjTCOTKRYdgFBD-A2qSU
KCF can't actually be a real person but he is - greengravy
If you smell what the rock is cooking he's cooking crap - ertyu

User Info: azuarc

azuarc
2 months ago#2
My friend impelled me to play Hatoful Boyfriend tonight, which I'd never seen. I got like 3 of the endings, so I guess that counts as beating?

Hatoful Boyfriend - PC (Steam)
VGMC13 champion: Ar Nosurge - Class::EXSPHERE_NOSURGE;

User Info: 249USDollars

249USDollars
2 months ago#3
Well it took like a month, but I finally beat another Three Houses route. Feels kinda cheap just squeezing it into 2020, but whatever

Fire Emblem: Three Houses

User Info: Arti

Arti
2 months ago#4
Starting off 2020 with

AI: The Somnium Files (PS4)

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/8-gamefaqs-contests/78297446
http://backloggery.com/articuno2001/sig.gif

User Info: GOGZero

GOGZero
2 months ago#5
Strider (Genesis)
Replayed via Genesis Mini.
I wanted to start things off futuristic and Strider felt like a nice fit for the new year!
The reason why you couldn't see my Signature before is because it was Invisible

User Info: MetalmindStats

MetalmindStats
2 months ago#6
Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age (PC - Steam)

I finally beat Calasmos yesterday. I'm seriously tempted to play through this hundred-hour game again with some Draconian restrictions enabled, to put my feelings into perspective.
"I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people who do."
You won the CBX Guru Contest, Advokaiser! Bully for you!

User Info: Arti

Arti
2 months ago#7
Deemo Reborn (PS4)

I feel that this remake not only updated the graphics but also updated the story progression a lot better, as there are more songs to collect through the various puzzles and this helps grow the tree a lot faster, as new songs add more height to the tree on their first play. The story is mostly unchanged. However, though this game has (currently) unique songs in it, it loses all of V.K's tracks (like Wings of Piano and Reflection Mirror Night) and I'm not entirely sure why that is. I say currently because the tracks that were originally only in the Vita version were eventually patched into the mobile version, so I assume these will as well. Still worth a look if you want, but the Switch version is probably the definitive one.
http://backloggery.com/articuno2001/sig.gif

User Info: paperwarior

paperwarior
2 months ago#8
Shovel Knight: King of Cards (Vita)
One of the better campaigns. I don't know if it's the best. Despite moving away from a Megaman structure of boss stage after boss stage, it had some really good boss fights and stage design. The card game is fun too, once you wrap your head around it.
"God Hand is the ultimate expression of the joy of humanity, specifically the punching part of the joy of humanity."-Shigeru Miyamoto

User Info: LordoftheMorons

LordoftheMorons
2 months ago#9
Yeah for the first half of the game or so I was dreading getting through the Joustus parts, but it actually ended up being pretty fun.
Congrats to Advokaiser for winning the CBX Guru Challenge!

User Info: captaincanadian

captaincanadian
2 months ago#10
Death Stranding

I really enjoyed this overall. I think it's a game where it's easier to discuss the flaws than the strengths, such as the poor plot pacing, presentation of themes, and gameplay that can easily be considered tedious if you're not into it. But I thoroughly enjoyed the emphasis on traversal and a lot of the story beats. From a technical perspective the mocap and modelling is some of the best I've ever seen. It's not something I'd recommend to everyone but it's definitely a unique experience and I can commend them for trying something different and genuinely succeeding in a lot of areas.

Easily the best moments in the game are when you're travelling and the music kicks in. The trip to port knot city early in the game exemplifies this well for example.
(edited 2 months ago)
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. Post Each Time You Beat a Game: 2020 Edition
  • Post New Message